The New Raith Rovers Thread

Can we have someone come in and give Hutton/the board a one hour lecture on PR skills? I'm sure someone from the college could do this quite easily. It seems as though he's out in the FFP having a pop at the fans every single week, and it's getting really tiresome. A couple of notes, then:

1) The previous tactic of moaning about attendances did nothing. From this weeks comments we can deduce that Hutton reads these forums, so surely he could see the negative response that that provoked?

2) Taking a pop at people who're already pissed off is going to do nothing to help the situation; if anything, it's only going to make things worse. It's probably a good thing he's happy to give McGlynn time, but maybe some attempt to acknowledge we've been poor, coupled with the positive things McGlynn has done would have been a better way to handle things. Mouthing off about keyboard warriors isn't going to help at all.

I haven't heard anyone calling for McGlynn to go either. Maybe it's a Main Stand phenomenon.

I am sure TH knows what he is talking about, with regard to posting stuff on Fantalk behind a username.

All three have played for Scotland U19s. Hearts U19s are 7 points clear at the top of the U19 league this season (although Celtic have 3 games in hand) so they are coming from a winning side.

Jason Holt was the SPL U19 player of the year last season (as an U18) and has been in terrific form again this season. He is small in stature but makes it up through his technique.

Jamie Walker missed most of last season with a bad knee injury but has been building up his fitness this season and is getting close to where he should be. He probably has more natural talent than anyone at Riccarton. Can play anywhere in midfield or off a striker. Most often starts on the right side of midfiled.

Dave Smith also can also play anywhere in midfield or can play up front, although that's not his best position. Very direct runner, but sometimes doesn't lift his head enough.

All 3 are blessed with good pace and the fact that they have been playing together at Hearts for the last 8 years means that they know one another's games inside out. Watch for a high tempo short passing game from them, with occasional bits of individual ability from Jamie Walker. Denis P and Danny Thomson will also be familiar with that type of game.

I think it's protocol that if we sign anyone with the name Dennis or Denis from Hearts on loan, they'll be pretty poor. :lol: I trailed all the way up to Brechin and missed one of McLachlan's two goals because I went for a pish. I just remember leaving the toilets and asking "Who scored?" and thinking I won't see him scoring again.

Barcelona at Dalgety Bay.

You're half right.

John McGlynn is having the squad run the length of the Bay and back fourteen times a day in the hope that they'll develop superhuman radioactive footballing skills.

Mixed results so far. One of Reece Donaldson's arms has fallen off, but at least McGlynn doesn't feel so insecure about being a baldy now that half the squad look like Right Said Fred.

I haven't heard anyone calling for McGlynn to go either. Maybe it's a Main Stand phenomenon.

Yeah, there were some such shouts in the Main Stand on Saturday. Probably only from one or two people, I guess, but the individuals concerned tend to be quite conspicuous. Especially in the Main Stand where everyone else is mostly quiet / asleep / dead.

Yeah, there were some such shouts in the Main Stand on Saturday. Probably only from one or two people, I guess, but the individuals concerned tend to be quite conspicuous. Especially in the Main Stand where everyone else is mostly quiet / asleep / dead.

You have a point there! I saw this photo from last Saturday which raised a smile....

MP_v_Ayr_121111_Ladies_Day.JPG

I'm sure the fair maidens were a bit surprised at full time when they heard the calls for McGlynn's head from the auld fuckers behind them.

Also, a bit through the game a few females were getting whistled at going into the main stand. I'm not sure if it was all the Raith support and it was just me, but I'm sure either one of the players or Ayr fans managed to throw in a contribution!

Madness! I've never even heard the rustle of sweetie papers in the Main Stand before. Rovers fans in the South Stand are generally quiet as the grave and the ones in the Main Stand are a baw hair away from it. It must be bad if the bunnets are revolting.

I think it's protocol that if we sign anyone with the name Dennis or Denis from Hearts on loan, they'll be pretty poor. :lol: I trailed all the way up to Brechin and missed one of McLachlan's two goals because I went for a pish. I just remember leaving the toilets and asking "Who scored?" and thinking I won't see him scoring again.

It was a good goal, too. Cracking lob. Better than the one that hit off his arse against Morton. Definitely the luckiest goal we've ever scored.

If I recall correctly, we stormed third after that game at Brechin. Stevie Hislop was doing cartwheels. :wub:

As much as I love the idea these players may improve the team and get us out of the hole were digging. Were surely paying something and wheres the money coming from?

Indeed. Maybe we've come to some arrangement but it's certainly a question. If these guys improve us I'm all for it - at least we're looking for ways to improve. Not sure you can pin the hopes of a struggling, and indeed an already pretty inexperienced, side on a few 19 year olds though.

Fantalk will be in uproar I imagine.

Edited by Paco

As much as I love the idea these players may improve the team and get us out of the hole were digging. Were surely paying something and wheres the money coming from?

Maybe we've come to some arrangement but it's certainly a question.

If last months debacle that was the non payment of players, the youths etc. appeared to be in reciept of thier monies, perhaps this debate is more simple than face value.

Watch for a high tempo short passing game from them, with occasional bits of individual ability from Jamie Walker. Denis P and Danny Thomson will also be familiar with that type of game.

Maybe that's why Denis P has struggled so much in the two games he's played so far, because our current playing style is far, far removed from a high tempo short passing style.

How many loan players can we have at once? We've already got two so these three would take us up to five.

Can't say I'm overly excited by this news (probably because Denis P came with similarly glowing references) but beggars can't be choosers and we'll just have to hope they are better than what we already have. It's another serious kick in the teeth for Ross Callachan and co though.

I am sure TH knows what he is talking about, with regard to posting stuff on Fantalk behind a username.

:lol:

Why?

Hearts aren`t paying their players so why should we ;)

There was some shouts in the South Stand,one from an ex director .

How many loan players can we have at once? We've already got two so these three would take us up to five.

We have three on loan at present so it would take us to six.Are Hearts our feeder team?

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Madness! I've never even heard the rustle of sweetie papers in the Main Stand before. Rovers fans in the South Stand are generally quiet as the grave and the ones in the Main Stand are a baw hair away from it. It must be bad if the bunnets are revolting.

We were at hospitality a few years ago and were told to stop singing by some old codger cos HE COULDNT HEAR THE GAME. :huh::huh:

Edited by BIGQ FAE KDY