The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Typicalrovers said:

More likely to replace Vaughan. Hear he is out for the rest of the season. What a difference a week makes.

Not sure a "Creative midfielder" is any kind of replacement for the role Vaughan plays for us. Granted he can play deeper but usually as a deep lying forward or playing  in off of the wing.

Not sure why we are bothering tbh. Realistically better off ssving money for the Summer.

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Hopefully this guy gives more of a toss in comparison to some Rangers loanees we’ve had (Hardie excluded).

Depends on his contract situation at The Rangers I guess.

9 hours ago, Raithie said:

Sorry but I don't buy this 'McGlynn was left with Smiths squad' as an excuse for the poor results since he's came in. These players should be more than capable of handling themselves in League 1 with McGlynn at the helm.

Since he came in? Have a look at our away results before he arrived. I won’t even start on last season’s away results! It all points to the team not being good enough. Not sure why that’s mainly an away thing.

Six away games, one win and even that was a freakish result where we came from 3-1 down.

32326753-12D5-4961-9758-EF5C2669D1FF.png

34 minutes ago, Rovers2017 said:

Spoke to someone I know who is a Rangers fan and he rates him. Hopefully he can bring us a bit more creativity. 

I'll be be devastated if Vaughan is done for the season. 

If Vaughan is back fully fit in time for next pre season I think that can be seen as a decent result. I'm fearing another 9 months out type injury.

20 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Since he came in? Have a look at our away results before he arrived. I won’t even start on last season’s away results! It all points to the team not being good enough. Not sure why that’s mainly an away thing.

Six away games, one win and even that was a freakish result where we came from 3-1 down.

32326753-12D5-4961-9758-EF5C2669D1FF.png

If away results point to the team not being good enough surely home results suggest thats not the case or are they ignored?

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

If away results point to the team not being good enough surely home results suggest thats not the case or are they ignored?

John Hughes was unbeaten at home in the league, and that team was absolutely fucking shite. 

6 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

As I say, not sure why it’s mainly an away thing, but it is. Was it 8 or 9 away defeats last season? It’s not like our away form is a new thing.