The New Raith Rovers Thread

I get the argument that McGlynn inherited one hell of a bad squad which was completely unbalanced. However even a blind cat could see that our problem is defending and yet McGlynn has kept the same central defence for every one of his games. That's why he has to take a massive amount of blame for where we are.

He's had 17 League games and we've only kept 2 clean sheets. A team with a goal difference of plus 19 should not be level on points with a team with a minus 2. He's lost 1/3 of his matches. His number one thing should have been to make us difficult to beat and that comes from having a solid central defence.

Also if we really don't have any youth players better than McGuffie and Barjonas them we should just give it up. Seriously why would any young player want to come to us when it's clear they'll never get a fair opportunity.

It'll be interesting to see the attendance for the Montrose game. Weekend before payday for a lot of people, title race is going, a squad with one recognised goalscorer and we're insisting on playing the same defence week in week out who shell the ball over a midfield with no creativity. I might change towards the end of the week, but even as a season ticket holder I've absolutely no desire at the moment to get the train from Edinburgh over to watch us get outfought by Montrose (again). Knowing our luck, Lewis Milne will skelp in a 40 yarder. 

It'll be interesting to see the attendance for the Montrose game. Weekend before payday for a lot of people, title race is going, a squad with one recognised goalscorer and we're insisting on playing the same defence week in week out who shell the ball over a midfield with no creativity. I might change towards the end of the week, but even as a season ticket holder I've absolutely no desire at the moment to get the train from Edinburgh over to watch us get outfought by Montrose (again). Knowing our luck, Lewis Milne will skelp in a 40 yarder. 

I'll be there but I expect the crowd to just scrape over 1,000 and we'll certainly drop below 1,000 before the end of the season. All our 'big' home matches ie East Fife and Arbroath are now over with.
For all our problems earlier in the season, I thought that Nisbet and Buchanan formed a decent front pairing when Vaughan was injured then and they should be given a run together now.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'll be there but I expect the crowd to just scrape over 1,000 and we'll certainly drop below 1,000 before the end of the season. All our 'big' home matches ie East Fife and Arbroath are now over with.
For all our problems earlier in the season, I thought that Nisbet and Buchanan formed a decent front pairing when Vaughan was injured then and they should be given a run together now.

Buchanan offered more yesterday than Flanagan did throughout all of the first half. He gets a lot of stick, but still has a decent number of goals for the season so far. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Has McGuffie really been that bad?

Unless I’m mistaken he’s not even played a full 90 minutes for you guys yet.

He's only had a few sub appearences to be honest, but he's done absolutely nothing at all to show he deserves a starting place or that he's any better than what we have. And what we have is far from good. 

Edited by CALDERON

As an Arbroath Fan i was disapointed he didn't come back out second half. 
Also all the debate about plastic pitches this week please keep yours as Arbroath are undefeated on that surface. 
I've been meaning to start a post. How did you find watching a game on the surface? Did you notice much of a difference?

6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Nisbet has done absolutely hee haw this year, there surely must be somebody better than him ?

Has he fully recovered from injury ?

8 hours ago, Paco said:

I wonder if the person at the club responsible for making the ‘all-ticket’ decision felt a bit stupid yesterday with barely 1500 fans in 5000 seats? I know the turnstiles aren’t working correctly but we’ve had bigger crowds on several occasions this season. There was never any danger of a safety issue like the Alloa game.

Impossible to prove but could’ve easily cost the club thousands.

I thought it was to do with the turnstyles not counting in the south stand.

For safety reasons do they not have to know the crowd count ?.

I thought it was to do with the turnstyles not counting in the south stand.
For safety reasons do they not have to know the crowd count ?.

They haven’t worked for months, the turnstile operators have been manually ‘clicking’ to count punters coming in all season.

Somehow or other, someone at the club thought we could have a situation where there were more fans than seats on Saturday. Hence the all-ticket decision. Just 3500 out, I guess.

1 hour ago, Ancient Mariner said:

Nisbet has done absolutely hee haw this year, there surely must be somebody better than him ?

Has he fully recovered from injury ?

Not sure if he's fully fit but he's been a bit isolated in recent games and not sure him and Duggan are a partnership.

26 minutes ago, Paco said:

They haven’t worked for months, the turnstile operators have been manually ‘clicking’ to count punters coming in all season.

Somehow or other, someone at the club thought we could have a situation where there were more fans than seats on Saturday. Hence the all-ticket decision. Just 3500 out, I guess.

Good to see the investment in improved ground infrastructure has paid off.