The New Raith Rovers Thread

What’s the story with the railway stand then? Is only half of it open? I hate to see it shut, I’m under the impression that’s because of health and safety reasons. It would be great if they opened it again fully for fans. There must be Raith fans who would rather watch the game from the side of the pitch rather than behind the goal?

The railway stand is the best view in the ground but when we're barely getting enough fans to fill either of the two stands we do have open it seems unlikely we could open it for home fans.

After the outcry of spending money on the pitch instead of putting that money into the squad this season, it seems even more unlikely. Add to that were lost likely losing money and its just not something the club can afford right now, as good as it would be.

Eta, I'm happy to be pulled up on the not enough fans to fill the main stand claim. I can't remember the exact figure of what it holds.

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

What’s the story with the railway stand then? Is only half of it open? I hate to see it shut, I’m under the impression that’s because of health and safety reasons. It would be great if they opened it again fully for fans. There must be Raith fans who would rather watch the game from the side of the pitch rather than behind the goal?

Nothing to do with H&S, there's no seats and no money to install them.

There are plans to rejig the area for hospitality and changing  facilities but again the stumbling block is money, I've heard the figure £1.5M mentioned.

The keytech stand side of it was open for the mo fans on Saturday and for any overspill of dunfermline fans when we played them. Other than that it's been closed since we were playing rangers, hibs etc in the championship. The other half doesn't have seats in it so isn't fit for purpose but I'm sure there were problems obtaining the required certificates for that end regardless of seats. Would need money spent to bring plumbing etc up to scratch I would think.

Obviously it will cost a fair bit to get the stand up to standard but once that was done it shouldn't cost that much to run. If our crowds were roughly the same and 2 or 3 hundred south stand regulars wanted to sit there surely moving a couple of stewards a d opening a snack bar wouldn't cost much. Also I wouldn't mind paying a wee bit extra to sit there if that would help and I'm sure others would aswell. 

Would be nice if we could open the key tech stand up to home fans on a trial basis. Would be good to get home support from all parts of the ground. 

Agreed but I think it would be crucial to open things up so fans could shift around depending on which way we’re shooting. Might be tricky to police given a 500 capacity in the Keytech but it would be silly to have 500 fans in the Keytech, 500 fans in the South Stand and 300 fans in the Main Stand for a full match.

Having sat in 3 different Stands at Starks, watching The Sons, it's safe to say that the wee Railway Stand is definitely the best, a shame it's not used much more often.

Can mind us being put in the large away end one time, all 124 of us. :P

A bit daft at the time since the Railway was sitting empty.

Having sat in 3 different Stands at Starks, watching The Sons, it's safe to say that the wee Railway Stand is definitely the best, a shame it's not used much more often.

Can mind us being put in the large away end one time, all 124 of us. [emoji14]

A bit daft at the time since the Railway was sitting empty.

I think as a club we planned to put most smaller away supports in it when the seats were put back in for the Rangers/Hearts/Hibs season in the Championship - according to our former CEO, away supports returned to the North Stand because the players didn’t like it. No idea whether that’s true or not. Toilets and pie stall were operational and seemed absolutely fine.

I actually sat in the Railway Stand on Saturday for the first half, for the first time since I was very young. It’s a really good view of the game and has the potential to be rocking, you’re right on top of the players which we aren’t used to at Stark’s. Small criticism would be the view of the South Stand end isn’t the best in some seats, due to the old segregation fence.

In an ideal world we’d be able to shift between the Keytech and South Stand on matchday but whether it’s viable or not is another story. Ultimately the whole crowd could fit in the Main Stand in this league so if there’s cost involved, it’s not happening.

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A new forward. Presumably Duggan is going to be out long term then.

Seems to be described as a midfielder everywhere except our own website! Good to have some more numbers in regardless of where he''s going to play.