The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:
1 hour ago, tazz1903 said:
I never knew that emoji50.png Honestly never knew , total shocking if true ? 

Get back to self isolation and free government money! Just a typical weekend in Methil.

Frank , I wasn't being sarcastic or funny , just thought if this is true , I would be shocked  😲

I imagine the SPFL still has plenty of room to find a solution that screws us.

Screws you in what way? At this point in time you have won/gained nothing. If that’s your starting point (and it is) then I’m sure you’ll be fine after all this.

Screws you in what way? At this point in time you have won/gained nothing. If that’s your starting point (and it is) then I’m sure you’ll be fine after all this.

At this point in time we've won more games than anyone else in the league. We have won/gained more points than anyone else in this league. Pretty strong starting point.

Just now, Airdrie76 said:

But not actually promotion or the league. Thanks.

How astute, with such insightfulness you definitely should be offering assistance to Mr Donkeyster.

1 hour ago, tazz1903 said:

Honestly guys , im confused  😮

That's not news little one.

I think it’s exactly the insightfulness you need to hear. It’s actually like you believe you won the league pre all this.
Not one of us think or actually want to "win a league" in this manner. With 75% of the games having been played though, it's a far better way to end the season than declaring it null and void. I would be saying that if we were being relegated aswell.

8 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

I think it’s exactly the insightfulness you need to hear. It’s actually like you believe you won the league pre all this.

Just ignore Scotty. He's only had sex once and his willie fell off afterwards.

13 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Just ignore Scotty. He's only had sex once and his willie fell off afterwards.

Compared with you, that'd still be enough  to make me something of a stud! 

PS just so as you know Stevie, doing it with your sister doesn't count........even if it was only the once.  How is she by the way?

Not one of us think or actually want to "win a league" in this manner. With 75% of the games having been played though, it's a far better way to end the season than declaring it null and void. I would be saying that if we were being relegated aswell.

Don’t disagree necessarily that it might be a better way. Plenty of you want to win the league in this manner based on some of the chat on here.

I'd far rather we won the league by having played out all  the games, but playing it out isn't going to happen and to be honest I no longer think there's appetite enough amongst the majority of the member clubs to do that, it just has too many implications.

I keep saying it but you just have to look at the many future events that are cancelled (Wimbledon, Euro Championships, Olympics, Glastonbury and a shed load more) to work out that there almost certainly will not be competitive football played before October (and possibly even later) once you accept that, then finishing this season in the ideal manner is a complete fantasy.

So from a Rovers fan's point of view in the absence of the original and everyone's ideal choice, then the next best option for me is one that is the one that best suits my club, and why shouldn't it be?  Isn't that just what every club is doing?

Rangers don't want Celtic crowned champions, Hearts don't want relegated, Partick don't want Relegated, Dundee claim that mainly they don't want to lose out on the chance of play-off promotion but allegedly would agree to Utd winning the League but not being promoted? WTF??. Falkirk want to keep it going (and like Partick who can blame them?) , Stranraer  are just as desperate as Partick and Hearts not to be relegated. Every other club with the possible exceptions of those in with a play off shout can see the reality that this season is effectively over and are looking at this as the lesser of possible evils.

SPL teams have no appetite for restructuring and Null & Void seems to be off the cards (thankfully) so the only two options left are for playing out or declaring.  Do I think the SPFL are nothing but a gang? Absolutely but when you consider the self serving ideals of some of the members (particularly those in the SPL) it's no surprise it's all (Scottish football in general) a complete Klusterfuk.

FWIW I think the no votes this time will stand leading to another vote and it'll all get resolved in the next 7-10 days. The likely sweetener being there will be a gratuity paid out to those in play off and probably relegation positions and although it will still not appease 3 or 4 or them it will be enough for the majority required.

Edited by Scottydog