The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'd far rather we won the league by having played out all  the games, but playing it out isn't going to happen and to be honest I no longer think there's appetite enough amongst the majority of the member clubs to do that, it just has too many implications.

I keep saying it but you just have to look at the many future events that are cancelled (Wimbledon, Euro Championships, Olympics, Glastonbury and a shed load more) to work out that there almost certainly will not be competitive football played before October (and possibly even later) once you accept that, then finishing this season in the ideal manner is a complete fantasy.

So from a Rovers fan's point of view in the absence of the original and everyone's ideal choice, then the next best option for me is one that is the one that best suits my club, and why shouldn't it be?  Isn't that just what every club is doing?

Rangers don't want Celtic crowned champions, Hearts don't want relegated, Partick don't want Relegated, Dundee claim that mainly they don't want to lose out on the chance of play-off promotion but allegedly would agree to Utd winning the League but not being promoted? WTF??. Falkirk want to keep it going (and like Partick who can blame them?) , Stranraer  are just as desperate as Partick and Hearts not to be relegated. Every other club with the possible exceptions of those in with a play off shout can see the reality that this season is effectively over and are looking at this as the lesser of possible evils.

SPL teams have no appetite for restructuring and Null & Void seems to be off the cards (thankfully) so the only two options left are for playing out or declaring.  Do I think the SPFL are nothing but a gang? Absolutely but when you consider the self serving ideals of some of the members (particularly those in the SPL) it's no surprise it's all (Scottish football in general) a complete Klusterfuk.

FWIW I think the no votes this time will stand leading to another vote and it'll all get resolved in the next 7-10 days. The likely sweetener being there will be a gratuity paid out to those in play off and probably relegation positions and although it will still not appease 3 or 4 or them it will be enough for the majority required.

Edited by Scottydog

16 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

FWIW I think the no votes this time will stand leading to another vote and it'll all get resolved in the next 7-10 days.

If the first vote fails, under the Companies act, isn't there a 28 day hiatus before a result can be announced?

6 hours ago, grumswall said:
6 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:
Just ignore Scotty. He's only had sex once and his willie fell off afterwards.

Is that not normal?

Why, yes it is. But normally she is expected to keep it in her purse and loan it back to you now and then, that’s why the little piece of loopy velcro goes there, you know, the one that comes with the marriage license. She sticks the hook piece on your recently detached member.

10 hours ago, grumswall said:
10 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

I think it’s exactly the insightfulness you need to hear. It’s actually like you believe you won the league pre all this.

Not one of us think or actually want to "win a league" in this manner. With 75% of the games having been played though, it's a far better way to end the season than declaring it null and void. I would be saying that if we were being relegated aswell.

But you won’t be “Winning a league”. You will be getting awarded promotion for your report card year to date. Which is fine, they have to decide things somehow. They are not however handing out trophies and medals or championship flags for this. 

Bill Clark saying we will be in Administration by July/August if this continues. 

Can't imagine we will be the only ones, but I do wonder where the crowd funded cash and the Bowie money is going. 

Bill Clark saying we will be in Administration by July/August if this continues. 
Can't imagine we will be the only ones, but I do wonder where the crowd funded cash and the Bowie money is going. 

Have players and staff been furloughed?
Also why does he not recognise that money can be given out now without the need to agree on what happens regarding relegation/promotion? Apologies if he’s addressed that and I missed it.

32 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The Bowie thing was a delayed transfer was it not, since the option to loan him back across the border required international clearance that couldn't be got in time. In that case, we haven't got the money because the transfer hasn't completed I'd guess, and won't get it until the season is over here and down south?

Edited by renton

25 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Also why does he not recognise that money can be given out now without the need to agree on what happens regarding relegation/promotion? Apologies if he’s addressed that and I missed it.

The SPFL says it can't. Several club members have suggested it can through a rule change. That seems to be the current situation. I haven't seen which rule would change, or what the mechanism would be. Rangers suggested a loan mechanism that would never pass the lawyers.

Clark, and the other chairmen are going on what they've been told in good faith by the board.

38 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

IIRC everyone apart from two personnel have been furloughed. Almost positive that government money is paid June/July but maybe wrong. The administration comment is worrying,considering this is the first time that comment has been made, and hopefully doesn't have a negative effect on the fund raising by the club and the individuals who have been doing what they can. Hopefully BC has been misquoted. Only time will tell.

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I suspect we won't get the fee until the subsequent season starts, whenever on earth that will be. 

Even on furlough, I believe we are paying the players in full at least initially. 

The content of what Clark is saying is worrying and it's not the first time that it's been said either. Does beg the question of where the money is going, though.

What on earth are the outgoings which are so massive that they could put us out of business? We’ve no wages to pay, there’s £10K a month coming in from the supporters fund and have been donated over £50k. What’s going on?

Is our wage bill £50k per month or something along those lines, I think I read. If so we'll have March and April salaries to cover before we see a penny of the job retention scheme funding.

On that basis I would've thought that short term we might have a bit of a problem but not so much long term once we get access to government funding.

The job retention funding is only running until the end of May at the moment so perhaps Clark is working on that basis. I'll be surprised if the scheme isn't extended though.

Going by a number of comments on here I think it would be wise for Bill Clark to give a bit more detail regarding the situation money wise.

I'm not into  conspiracy theories and have always thought Bill Clark to be a decent honest guy (certainly FAR better than what we had a couple of seasons ago). 

I believe this would be the time to add any further info available to the fan base and nip some of the "suggestions" in the bud

The SPFL says it can't. Several club members have suggested it can through a rule change. That seems to be the current situation. I haven't seen which rule would change, or what the mechanism would be. Rangers suggested a loan mechanism that would never pass the lawyers.
Clark, and the other chairmen are going on what they've been told in good faith by the board.

Yeah I heard the ICT chairman(?) suggesting this - but a vote could take place on eg the proposed Rangers resolution which would remove that issue and seems absolute common sense. Address the biggest issue first and then take time to look at all options on the table.
I’m surprised that Clark, with his new found fondness for being interviewed, hasn’t openly questioned why the money can’t be distributed now when other clubs have spoken out.
His statements sound absolutely desperate.

1 minute ago, Airdrie76 said:

Yeah I heard the ICT chairman(?) suggesting this - but a vote could take place on eg the proposed Rangers resolution which would remove that issue and seems absolute common sense. Address the biggest issue first and then take time to look at all options on the table.
I’m surprised that Clark, with his new found fondness for being interviewed, hasn’t openly questioned why the money can’t be distributed now when other clubs have spoken out.
His statements sound absolutely desperate.

Wasnt the Rangers resolution some kind of loan of money, which apparently is illegal for the SPFL to loan money to its members?

Wasnt the Rangers resolution some kind of loan of money, which apparently is illegal for the SPFL to loan money to its members?

I used that as an example but you’re probably right. You could distribute the money up to a point though with the correct proposal, the clubs are the SPFL after all.

1 minute ago, Airdrie76 said:

I used that as an example but you’re probably right. You could distribute the money up to a point though with the correct proposal, the clubs are the SPFL after all.

So long as it doesn't tie into a third party's interests you'd think it would be simple enough.

The money, going by the comments from the Forfar chairman, already has been distributed up to a point. They’ll be due just £3500 he said as clubs have pretty much received the ‘minimum’ for their league already - these are scheduled payments throughout the season.

So there’s nothing to be gained there. Rangers bonkers suggestion is to loan everyone the prize money for their current position, resume the season (lol) and if for example you drop two spots, you need to pay back money. A non-starter even away from legalities.

Paying out remaining prize money on current standings however and then trying to address promotion/relegation/reconstruction could be an option. I suppose from an SPFL perspective however it may be impossible to reach a consensus that way - Ayr, for example, will vote for the proposal as it is but without prize money being tied to it won’t vote for anything short of a shot at the Premiership. So self-interest will be an even bigger issue than currently and we might find it impossible to move on.