The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Ah, 125k last year.

Still, that's some result for the club.

Yeah it's quite an increase. £270k paid for 6th place, which would've been probably a reasonable best case scenario at the start of the season so we're at least £210k up on that, and we'd be £300k up if we finish 2nd.

22 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

We shouldn't be laughing to much at Falkirk, clearly they are throwing the league as they cant accept promotion after only playing 22 games, especially with their reaction to us winning the league last season.

Yes Falkirk the bastions of sporting integrity, what worries me though is how are we going to survive without the £5M+ their vast army of fans would bring to the club, perhaps them, the pars and the rangers can start a super self entitlement league🤔  

Without wanting to go all European Super League, we're now guaranteed a minimum prize pot of £480 000 for finishing 3rd.
That must be at least £200k more than any budgeted expectation. 
I'm all for spending it on a £4k pw contract extension for Regan Hendry. 

£480k? I thought it was £400k for 3rd? And about that figure for 2nd. Either way happy days!

On 13/04/2021 at 18:30, Lang Toun Lad said:

I don't know if this is accurate but if it is you can see the difference in prize money for placing. Nearly double for finishing 2nd compared to 5th but even 3rd and 4th are considerable drops which could make the difference between keeping players and challenging at the top of the table next year (if we don't go up!).

https://mobile.twitter.com/SPFLWatch/status/1356544119544373255?s=19

It also has some other interesting information on TV audiences. 

31 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

£480k? I thought it was £400k for 3rd? And about that figure for 2nd. Either way happy days!

I based it on the post a few pages back.

Also look at the prize money for finishing 12th in the Premiership.  The club could go up, come straight back down, and be in a far, far better shape for it. Added to that, parachute payments also (are they still a thing?)

That said, looking at worst case of £400k odd is fantastic going and reason enough for this to be considered a real success. 

33 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I based it on the post a few pages back.

It's a pretty big increase from the previous season as well, which were the figures I'd used previously. 

You'd like to hope this means we can pay down a chunk of some of the League 1 losses. 

Just on the money thing. At the start of the season before this thing dragged on to another lockdown fans were expected back through the gates at some point during the season. Have the club budgeted for that?

I know we sell streams but whole families will buy the stream as opposed to each paying entry.

21 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Just on the money thing. At the start of the season before this thing dragged on to another lockdown fans were expected back through the gates at some point during the season. Have the club budgeted for that?

I know we sell streams but whole families will buy the stream as opposed to each paying entry.

John Sim said in his interview before the season started, that the club would be fine if there were no fans allowed in.

He actually mentioned that partial attendance wouldn't be much use, as it would be restricted to season ticket holders only - generating no additional revenue but additional cost.  

Thought it was worth pointing out also that we have never, not once, been out of the top four this season.

We sat 4th after 3 of our games around the end of the first round of fixtures and apart from that we've spent the rest of the time in one of the top three positions.

We've spent more than half of the season sitting in second.

Incredible.

Thought it was worth pointing out also that we have never, not once, been out of the top four this season.
We sat 4th after 3 of our games around the end of the first round of fixtures and apart from that we've spent the rest of the time in one of the top three positions.
Incredible.

That’s a great stat. I’ve noticed John’s interviews have seen a common theme recently of consistency and that really backs that up. Consistent in both performances and results.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

John Sim said in his interview before the season started, that the club would be fine if there were no fans allowed in.

He actually mentioned that partial attendance wouldn't be much use, as it would be restricted to season ticket holders only - generating no additional revenue but additional cost.  

Need the fans back in asap.  There's a danger of a small generation of fans with no idea about the joys of a half-time pie and bovril AND the occasional celebratory burger. 

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Incredible.

Like last season when we were 1st for the most part of the season.*

*bait for Falkirk fans.

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-championship/raith-rovers/
I stumbled upon the above link on the ICT - Dundee thread.
It's certainly an interesting take on how our wages bit is split...

I'm going to assume the majority of that is taken from Football Manager - a lot of the numbers look fairly similar (ignoring the two players on loan being at the top)

7 minutes ago, true_rover said:
14 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-championship/raith-rovers/
I stumbled upon the above link on the ICT - Dundee thread.
It's certainly an interesting take on how our wages bit is split...

I'm going to assume the majority of that is taken from Football Manager - a lot of the numbers look fairly similar (ignoring the two players on loan being at the top)

I thought the same about the positions for each player. Not surprised Hendry isn't signing a new deal if he's not clearing £20k a year with us :lol: