The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

MacDonald to Hamilton supposedly? Thought he was staying PT

Not necessarily. If a full time club were able to offer a better package that made it worth his while to go full time then he could quite easily do so. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

It seems we’re in for the Hamilton left back (McMann?). I am confused.

McCann left Hamilton last season, he'd been on loan at Airdrie but made the deal permanent last year.

22 minutes ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

It seems we’re in for the Hamilton left back (McMann?). I am confused.

Where did you hear that. I thought we were after the boy from Livi and also heard Lewis Stevenson might be an option albeit on loan. 

59 minutes ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

MacDonald to Hamilton supposedly? Thought he was staying PT

Better offers on the table from 5-6 clubs I’m hearing, accies,killie,Alloa and two premier league clubs all made enquires as soon as he was transfer listed. Hearing Raith made very little effort to persuade him to stay. 

22 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

McCann left Hamilton last season, he'd been on loan at Airdrie but made the deal permanent last year.

Scott McMann? He’s still at Accies and has never played for Airdrie.

10 minutes ago, Lockstock said:

Better offers on the table from 5-6 clubs I’m hearing, accies,killie,Alloa and two premier league clubs all made enquires as soon as he was transfer listed. Hearing Raith made very little effort to persuade him to stay. 

And I'm very inclined to believe you, ITK poster who registered eight minutes ago. 

If we cant make Macca  big enough offer to stay on a a FT contract then let him go.  Bring in Sinclair and McCann as an understudy and start a new chapter.

Or alternatively just go out sign someone alltogether better! In John we trust.

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

And I'm very inclined to believe you, ITK poster who registered eight minutes ago. 

Watch how it pans out 👍🏻 Then come back and revisit what I said and you’ll find I’m right. The offer from Raith was weak and didn’t make it worthwhile going full time.  The player in question can’t help that, Raith’s answer was to transfer list him. It’s football and it happens, I don’t see him struggling for a team

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Courier stating our retained list to be released this week 

I would take a guess we’ll get it tomorrow. McGlynn looks to have spoken to everyone now as goodbye messages are starting to appear on social media.

Also, I would imagine the club will, quite rightly, want to do a positive send off and tribute to Iain Davidson after over 500 games for the club and 14 years service, similar to what they did with McGurn which he deserves. Not really the type of thing you can do if he has just received a ban for racism. I have no idea how likely that is but given he is facing a hearing on Thursday it is obviously a possibility.

Alternatively, McGlynn could be waiting on the outcome of the hearing before announcing one more year of Davo...

19 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Scott McMann? He’s still at Accies and has never played for Airdrie.

He was also linked with us and Hibs a few weeks back, and is still under contract for next season with Hamilton so will command a fee.

15 minutes ago, Lockstock said:

Watch how it pans out 👍🏻 Then come back and revisit what I said and you’ll find I’m right. The offer from Raith was weak and didn’t make it worthwhile going full time.  The player in question can’t help that, Raith’s answer was to transfer list him. It’s football and it happens, I don’t see him struggling for a team

Nobody's suggesting he'll be struggling for a team. It's a shame if he has left on a bit of a sour note but from our perspective, if McGlynn hasn't made a huge effort to keep him I'm sure it's because he has a decent alternative in mind. 

19 minutes ago, Lockstock said:

Hiya Kieran,  hiya pal 

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I'd say so too.

Their current LB is Liam Dick and he's out of contract, he (LD) may fancy a move back to a FT club, he's handy and can play anywhere across the back 4 but I don't think he's as good with the assists. Aaron Taylor Sinclair is a more likely option.

Would happily take Liam Dick as LB, but agree that ATS would be better now…but Liam potentially has a higher ceiling, slightly more flexibility and is five years younger.