The New Raith Rovers Thread

40 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

In fairness, what is McGlynn gonna say? “He’s a bit shite but it’s all we can afford?”

Was that Peter Grants thoughts when he signed Dan Pybus? 

12 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Piss off

That’s a bit harsh, what’s he said that’s got that response. We might not be able to afford a decent calibre of player. We wasted a shed load of money on Mendy. So a short term deal is warranted. Snow is a nobody. So we’ll have to see how he does. 

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

That’s a bit harsh, what’s he said that’s got that response. We might not be able to afford a decent calibre of player. We wasted a shed load of money on Mendy. So a short term deal is warranted. Snow is a nobody. So we’ll have to see how he does. 

We don't need any advice from Dunfermline fans on what's affordoble.

Snow a "nobody"? Now that IS harsh.

Edited by Raith_Raver

30 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

You could’ve worded it better. I and a lot of people haven’t heard of him. He hasn’t done anything remarkable in his career. We’ll see what happens before you turn him into the messiah. 

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

You could’ve worded it better. I and a lot of people haven’t heard of him. He hasn’t done anything remarkable in his career. We’ll see what happens before you turn him into the messiah. 

You seem to have difficulty distinguishing between fact and imagination.

28 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

You seem to have difficulty distinguishing between fact and imagination.

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Why are you so angry haha?

297.jpg

Anyone heading through to Livi tomorrow? 

Aye. They’re probably now able to steal my identity with all the details they took off of me before allowing me to buy tickets. I see they are insisting on masks being worn throughout, too. I’ve not been back to Stark’s Park yet. Are they doing that there? That seems very, very OTT. I can’t say I’ve seen a single other place insisting on wearing a mask anywhere outdoors.

If its distanced then masks are a bit pointless. It's an open aired space so they won't do anything. Haven't been back to starks yet but it hasn't looked like masks are worn when seated. I'd imagine they should be worn when moving around the concourse etc though.

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Aye. They’re probably now able to steal my identity with all the details they took off of me before allowing me to buy tickets. I see they are insisting on masks being worn throughout, too. I’ve not been back to Stark’s Park yet. Are they doing that there? That seems very, very OTT. I can’t say I’ve seen a single other place insisting on wearing a mask anywhere outdoors.

No, masks aren’t required in your seat at Starks. Or they weren’t when I was there for the Stranraer friendly. Cowdenbeath was even better. That was pretty much back to normal with snack bar open, no masks inside the ground and not much evidence of social distancing. It was perfect.

Well, it wasn’t perfect. It was still Central Park, but it was a good experience ditching the mask and being able to speak to people normally.

Edited by Scary Bear

No, masks aren’t required in your seat at Starks. Or they weren’t when I was there for the Stranraer friendly. Cowdenbeath was even better. That was pretty much back to normal with snack bar open, no masks inside the ground and not much evidence of social distancing. It was perfect.
Well, it wasn’t perfect. It was still Central Park, but it was a good experience ditching the mask and being able to speak to people normally.

Cowdenbeath was like a normal game, aye. I’m glad to hear we aren’t being draconian with the masks. I’ll no be sitting outside in a stadium with one on, but happy to wear one in any enclosed area, such as a concourse or a toilet.

A rather terse interview with Ethon - he doesnt say much yet seemed assured. He did say the training was a high standard. I'm optimitic about him, as I am with Blaize . McGlynn has a knack of spotting nuggets among the dross.