The New Raith Rovers Thread

31 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It'll be Kai Fotheringham

That might be unfortunate, if the Falkirk reviews are correct. He was out of his depth last year because they had to toss him in immediately, However, if limited time from the bench in the Championship is the purpose of the loan, he might work…IDK, mileage varies based upon coaches and teams, but they certainly didn’t enjoy his work last year.

That might be unfortunate, if the Falkirk reviews are correct. He was out of his depth last year because they had to toss him in immediately, However, if limited time from the bench in the Championship is the purpose of the loan, he might work…IDK, mileage varies based upon coaches and teams, but they certainly didn’t enjoy his work last year.

In mcglynn we trust. He hasn't really been bashed by any falkirk fans. They seem to say he was chucked in at the deep end last season, which mcglynn won't do because he isn't a shite man manager.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

In mcglynn we trust. He hasn't really been bashed by any falkirk fans. They seem to say he was chucked in at the deep end last season, which mcglynn won't do because he isn't a shite man manager.

Which is why I reference it the way I did, he was given a shite sandwich last year and flailed around terribly. He’d do much better going to another League One outfit, where his experience last year would help him. Coming to the Championship, and particularly to us, I wouldn’t expect to see huge playing time…but we might loan out Arnott in response, so a win for us in any case.

In fairness to Fotheringham, if he does sign, I’d not really judge him on his time at Falkirk. They were a basket case of a football club last season in free fall to 5th in League One. He was a 17/18 year old making his first senior appearances.

Also, the style of football we play is a million miles away from the hoofball Falkirk played last season. I’d imagine a young winger/attacking midfielder like him would be far better suited to our way of playing.

Young players develop very quickly at that age. I remember being underwhelmed when we brought Jamie Gullan back for a second spell a few months after his fairly forgettable first spell but he was like a different player.

I’d probably have preferred another midfielder/winger in the ‘proven’ category. In McGlynn we trust but we do look like we’re going to be heavily reliant on his ability as a coach unlocking the potential of several of our new signings, most appear to be joining with mixed reviews which is never ideal. However, we’ve seen with MacDonald, Tumilty recently and Tade, Graham etc in the past he is definitely capable. 

1 hour ago, Rover the Moon said:

Riley-Snow confirmed on a “short term deal”. Hope he does well, gets a longer contract and leaves in a Blaise of glory.

It's either that or we release him because he didn't set the heather on fire.

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

In fairness to Fotheringham, if he does sign, I’d not really judge him on his time at Falkirk. They were a basket case of a football club last season in free fall to 5th in League One. He was a 17/18 year old making his first senior appearances.

Also, the style of football we play is a million miles away from the hoofball Falkirk played last season. I’d imagine a young winger/attacking midfielder like him would be far better suited to our way of playing.

Young players develop very quickly at that age. I remember being underwhelmed when we brought Jamie Gullan back for a second spell a few months after his fairly forgettable first spell but he was like a different player.

I’d probably have preferred another midfielder/winger in the ‘proven’ category. In McGlynn we trust but we do look like we’re going to be heavily reliant on his ability as a coach unlocking the potential of several of our new signings, most appear to be joining with mixed reviews which is never ideal. However, we’ve seen with MacDonald, Tumilty recently and Tade, Graham etc in the past he is definitely capable. 

Yeah this. Fotheringham joined Falkirk after League 1 restarted. Given the state they were in, it's no surprise he didn't impress.

20 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's either that or we release him because he didn't set the heather on fire.

McGlynn clearly learnt a lesson after previously signing Mendy on a 2 year deal. 

Feeling a bit down today, crap weekend and it’s Monday so I went on the East Fife page and instantly I feel better, would highly recommend it . One fife fan thinks Kelty’s team is a minimum championship standard [emoji23][emoji23] yeah the one that has barjonas in it, here’s to fife fans everywhere, never change [emoji23]
21720089-F22F-4225-873A-9082FC671BDD.jpeg.f106420338fef6985ac6479bef772b6b.jpeg
How would an East Fife fan know what Championship standard is? In my lifetime I think they've reached the second highest tier just once.

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
51 minutes ago, Been going too long said:
Feeling a bit down today, crap weekend and it’s Monday so I went on the East Fife page and instantly I feel better, would highly recommend it . One fife fan thinks Kelty’s team is a minimum championship standard emoji23.pngemoji23.png yeah the one that has barjonas in it, here’s to fife fans everywhere, never change emoji23.png
21720089-F22F-4225-873A-9082FC671BDD.jpeg.f106420338fef6985ac6479bef772b6b.jpeg

How would an East Fife fan know what Championship standard is? In my lifetime I think they've reached the second highest tier just once.

😂😂 this is very true or they bought a lot of our games last season 😜

5 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Riley-Snow confirmed on a “short term deal”. Hope he does well, gets a longer contract and leaves in a Blaise of glory.

Probably signed on a short term deal initially until we get a clearer picture of when Matthews is likely to return. 

He seems confident in his interview, and "hoping to help us win promotion". Doesn't sound like a stint until January. I've big hopes for him.

PS - Just saw McGlynn's imterview, Blaize's contract iS until January but McGlynn hopes to extend it if he proves himself; from what he says he's been impressed.

Edited by Raith_Raver

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

He seems confident in his interview, and "hoping to help us win promotion". Doesn't sound like a stint until January. I've big hopes for him.

PS - Just saw McGlynn's imterview, Blaize's contract iS until January but McGlynn hopes to extend it if he proves himself; from what he says he's been impressed.

But he also admits it’s a risk in that the vultures will be circling quickly if he shows well.

7 hours ago, Raithie said:

McGlynn clearly learnt a lesson after previously signing Mendy on a 2 year deal. 

See above risk…