The New Raith Rovers Thread

Any news on you guys signing Masty or not ...

Fantastic player but on last weeks evidence not fit enough to walk into 1st divison team but talent defo still there ..

Regards

According to the Fife Free Press he was training with us..but he won't be offered a contract.

Here to help. :)

Hearts are taking the piss out of us, tbh. We gave them McGlynn for nought and now they're taking a young player from us and giving us a player on loan as compensation. I can just about get on board with the latter, but it's most certainly them who are getting the better of the deal.

There is little point in having a youth system if the better players keep getting poached, particularly when the financial compensation isn't there either.

Oh aye - good to see Smith back, though.

Edited by Michael W

Hearts are taking the piss out of us, tbh. We gave them McGlynn for nought and now they're taking a young player from us and giving us a player on loan as compensation. I can just about get on board with the latter, but it's most certainly them who are getting the better of the deal.

There is little point in having a youth system if the better players keep getting poached, particularly when the financial compensation isn't there either.

Turnbull Hutton went to great lengths at the members meeting to thank Hearts for their assitance last year.

He explained that some teams expect the teams receiving the loan player to pay all or at least half of their wages.

I think the amount of players we had on loan was at max. four at one time and for this we paid the grand sum of £100.00 per month.

Yes this is another young player away, but I can't grumble about finances.

In respect of McGlynn, he was in contract when he came to Starks Park, as was he when he left, things evened out IMO.

So we losing a player who wouldn have featured in first team for at least 3 season, and gain a player who will go into first team squad.. Fair play to mcglynn murray hearts and raith and probably king hutton.. Haha..

Seriously though smith was decent first time round lets hope for more of the same.

Now can we get jamie walker please old friend mr mcglynn.

Didn't Smith score a cracker on his debut at Starks, I missed it as I was offshore but seem to recall Smith and Holt both scored that day and it took Walker ages to score.

Anyone?

Find it here neebs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Smith_(footballer_born_1993)

Story on the Rovers website says £10k plus future add ons dependant upon the lads progress. The Smith deal appears unrelated and I'm glad we've got him back. The first couple of games he looked the best of the hearts loanees before he lost his way a bit and then Jamie Walker took centre stage.