The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's a big fucker of a portabcabin, how big is the thing behind the north stand going to be? 

Anyway team wise this is as good a chance as we will have to get promoted. The league is tight and the team is as good as we've had for decades. 

The previous attempt at winning the championship ultimately fell short. That along with some dubious team selection from the messiah. That team just fell short but the manager is better he has learnt a lot since then, the team is stronger and plays better football and the club seems to be in a better place as well. 

Either that or we get top before football gets cancelled again but that would never happen (again) 

Anyway I'm off to burn some incense and start chanting to the footballing gods. 

17 minutes ago, embow said:

Thanks for that. Not too obvious when I looked at the video clip. Probably still under wraps.

Ah well! Another forward thinking step by the club. All good these days.

You missed nothing Embow. The cabin came with a side door and small windows but without the big windows on the front, the cut outs were only removed once it was installed on-site and the double glazed units then put in. I think if they had lifted it with double glazing already in it would have both added to the weight and possibly upset the balance of the lift, but perhaps more importantly they may have broken during the lift if the frame had been bumped and twisted.

You missed nothing Embow. The cabin came with a side door and small windows but without the big windows on the front, the cut outs were only removed once it was installed on-site and the double glazed units then put in. I think if they had lifted it with double glazing already in it would have both added to the weight and possibly upset the balance of the lift, but perhaps more importantly they may have broken during the lift if the frame had been bumped and twisted.

Has it got draught beer yet, hopefully tennants and none of yer craft brew pish….

22 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

Has it got draught beer yet, hopefully tennants and none of yer craft brew pish….

You'll get draught beer if they open the big windows on the front and the double doors.

Tennants? As in lager?Nothing more than a glass of coloured gas. Not for me thank you but each to their own. First semi legal(ish) pint (still had a couple of  years to go!) I had was in the old Golden Goal now 200 Club after a match in 1967. A pint of Tennant's lager poured by Jim MacMillan no less. Enough was enough! The next one was a pint of heavy to the consternation of my father and uncle who unbeknown to them I'd sampled on one or three occasions before that particular afternoon.😂

To this day that's the only time lager has crossed my lips. Awful stuff.😛

You'll get draught beer if they open the big windows on the front and the double doors.
Tennants? As in lager?Nothing more than a glass of coloured gas. Not for me thank you but each to their own. First semi legal(ish) pint (still had a couple of  years to go!) I had was in the old Golden Goal now 200 Club after a match in 1967. A pint of Tennant's lager poured by Jim MacMillan no less. Enough was enough! The next one was a pint of heavy to the consternation of my father and uncle who unbeknown to them I'd sampled on one or three occasions before that particular afternoon.[emoji23]
To this day that's the only time lager has crossed my lips. Awful stuff.[emoji14]

Bugger me wasn’t the fish I was trying to catch….but hey the net is wide….

Tennants? As in lager?Nothing more than a glass of coloured gas. Not for me thank you but each to their own. First semi legal(ish) pint (still had a couple of  years to go!) I had was in the old Golden Goal now 200 Club after a match in 1967. A pint of Tennant's lager poured by Jim MacMillan no less. Enough was enough! The next one was a pint of heavy to the consternation of my father and uncle who unbeknown to them I'd sampled on one or three occasions before that particular afternoon.[emoji23]
To this day that's the only time lager has crossed my lips. Awful stuff.[emoji14]

Also the golden goal was a framed photo behind the bar of Alan Gilzean scoring with a header against England. Am auld tae…