The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

I don’t think we will go for him but £200k is typical fantasy fan numbers.

more likely you’d buy out his contract which will be nowhere near £4ka week 

Was the Charlie Telfer fee not pretty wild back in the day

Thinking about Easton…we have Matthews and Stanton…we want Spencer…considering where Arnott will fit in this next season if Spencer returns. While we need coverage and options, I’m wondering if we might not see Arnott on loan in at least the Oct-Dec timeframe if the midfield seems settled. He seems to have gotten all the real development he can get on the bench, and needs game play now. With JMcG at Falkirk, it begs the question of are there any hard feelings there, or do we have a League One side that might be a location to loan a player…although, I’d think it to be more of a full season loan they’d desire.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Thinking about Easton…we have Matthews and Stanton…we want Spencer…considering where Arnott will fit in this next season if Spencer returns. While we need coverage and options, I’m wondering if we might not see Arnott on loan in at least the Oct-Dec timeframe if the midfield seems settled. He seems to have gotten all the real development he can get on the bench, and needs game play now. With JMcG at Falkirk, it begs the question of are there any hard feelings there, or do we have a League One side that might be a location to loan a player…although, I’d think it to be more of a full season loan they’d desire.

I think that would largely depend on the tactics Murray wants to play. I think he likes to change formation quite a bit so he may see having the depth in midfield as key to being able to do that. Arnott does need more regular game time for his development now and I do think he will either be out on loan or get that here. If Spencer signs on our midfield is done as far as signings and I think it is a strong midfield to have for this level. Just need to focus on the defence and that elusive 20 goal a season striker and everything is looking good for the new season. 

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

If we were to loan out Arnott, and I don’t think we will, there will inevitably be injuries, suspensions etc. then McGlynn can whistle for him as far as I’m concerned.

Edited by Enigma

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I think that would largely depend on the tactics Murray wants to play. I think he likes to change formation quite a bit so he may see having the depth in midfield as key to being able to do that. Arnott does need more regular game time for his development now and I do think he will either be out on loan or get that here. If Spencer signs on our midfield is done as far as signings and I think it is a strong midfield to have for this level. Just need to focus on the defence and that elusive 20 goal a season striker and everything is looking good for the new season. 

poplatnik is the man if he wants to tay with us

1 minute ago, Varna Rover said:

poplatnik is the man if he wants to tay with us

He’s not a 20 goals a season striker. Even in his “good” spell with us he struggled with consistency.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

If we were to loan out Arnott, and I don’t think we will, there will inevitably be injuries, suspensions etc. then McGlynn can whistle for him as far as I’m concerned.

Scott Agnew could be player/assistant like he was at Airdrie, but will only be used when needed type thing that could be 6 midfielders (if Spencer stays) so we’re full in that department. 

I do agree the defence and strikers need worked on massively as stated those are the positions we’re very light on 

Well, while we’re at it…let’s consider developing/young players. Players that might need a loan to develop, and to what level…or that could be released

Mitchell - League Two or One, but probably Two to get better chance of playing time.

Coulson - League Two, with better assurance of decent playing time after Cowdenbeath.

Mahady - I don’t believe he will pan out, release.

Bow - I genuinely have no idea…suggestions of nagging leg issues, but nothing validated.

Young - League One, if we can spare him.

Arnott - League One (or Championship…if we’re that stupid), if we can spare him.

Masson - LL/HL if we were to loan, probably not ready to loan out yet.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Well, while we’re at it…let’s consider developing/young players. Players that might need a loan to develop, and to what level…or that could be released

Mitchell - League Two or One, but probably Two to get better chance of playing time.

Coulson - League Two, with better assurance of decent playing time after Cowdenbeath.

Mahady - I don’t believe he will pan out, release.

Bow - I genuinely have no idea…suggestions of nagging leg issues, but nothing validated.

Young - League One, if we can spare him.

Arnott - League One (or Championship…if we’re that stupid), if we can spare him.

Masson - LL/HL if we were to loan, probably not ready to loan out yet.

I think Bow and Mahady will get released, could see Masson probably at like a Bo’ness or somewhere like that, Coulson maybe bottom half league 1/top half league 2 and the other 2 young and Arnott keep within the squad 

9 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I think Bow and Mahady will get released, could see Masson probably at like a Bo’ness or somewhere like that, Coulson maybe bottom half league 1/top half league 2 and the other 2 young and Arnott keep within the squad 

Coulson never got a good run at Cowden, I’m not sure he’d play enough in League One yet…but the reviews were always positive on his effort. What about Mitchell?

13 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Would anyone here take Ballantyne who just left Montrose as a possible replacement for RT? As he is looking for Full time football 

100% would but he does have previous injury problems. 

I also don't think poplatnik is the 20 goal a season striker although I do think he's a good player at this level. With a supposed tighter budget/ smaller squad for this coming season striker is the one position we need to get right. With the midfield options it could be a case of looking at someone who can get 10 but be able to create the space for Vaughan, Easton etc to flourish. 

Unless we're bringing in a new lb then Taylor won't be going anywhere as him and dick are the only two capable of naturally playing lb. 

Edited by grumswall

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Coulson never got a good run at Cowden, I’m not sure he’d play enough in League One yet…but the reviews were always positive on his effort. What about Mitchell?

Forgot Mitchell sorry, erm maybe send him like stenhousemuir or Forfar or maybe Annan 3 top half teams in league 2 I think he could do a fairly decent job at 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

Well we know that going by Dylan Easton first day video John sim is in the country, his he here to try get the DG situation sorted or is he here to meet like Ian Murray and discuss things like maybe a better budget etc be interesting to see the reason why he’s here