The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Well we know that going by Dylan Easton first day video John sim is in the country, his he here to try get the DG situation sorted or is he here to meet like Ian Murray and discuss things like maybe a better budget etc be interesting to see the reason why he’s here 

Heard Sim was in on the interview process for new manager

10 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

If Kyle Benedictus does leave, who’ll be club captain, me personally think it should be Ross Matthews but be interesting to hear who you think 

Berra should be captain if Bene is away.

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

He’s signed for Airdrie 

Know he works at the ground but if he was wanting full time that’s shite from him for me. Could’ve ended up at a decent side in this league, good season and he could get into the Prem

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Know he works at the ground but if he was wanting full time that’s shite from him for me. Could’ve ended up at a decent side in this league, good season and he could get into the Prem

I thought he could do a job in the championship, I would’ve taken him at us if Tumilty goes but staying in the same league hmmm 

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I thought he could do a job in the championship, I would’ve taken him at us if Tumilty goes but staying in the same league hmmm 

Potential to have a Nicky Devlin like rise but seems like he’s taken the easy option 

40 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

image.thumb.png.270f08db8a8d77c1d8e834c531353855.png

Premier Sports obviously hoping the last match will be the group decider. 

It better be or MURRAY OUT!! 

obviously joking. Getting beyond that stage is a bonus with the way the group stage is essentially just pre season. 

19 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It better be or MURRAY OUT!! 

obviously joking. Getting beyond that stage is a bonus with the way the group stage is essentially just pre season. 

I think, this year more than ever, with a new manager in place it'll definitely be used as an extension to our pre season. 

5 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

If Kyle Benedictus does leave, who’ll be club captain, me personally think it should be Ross Matthews but be interesting to hear who you think 

This was knocked about before. Berra is a decent shout, but is unlikely to play near 100%, and is “new” to the team. MacDonald is an obvious choice, but keepers as Captains are rare. Matthews is, in my opinion, the most likely long term Rovers player to become Captain.

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

Amid all the excitement and expectation of big things ahead we should be wary of expecting too much too soon from Murray, it usually takes time to work out best team and formation and fine tune a team.

Everyone understands that and I think a lot of people will give Murray time to implement his ideas, tactics and formation it’s not going click right away and a lot of these players aren’t his and could they adapt to his style we don’t know yet 

22 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Everyone understands that and I think a lot of people will give Murray time to implement his ideas, tactics and formation it’s not going click right away and a lot of these players aren’t his and could they adapt to his style we don’t know yet 

Dunfermline and Falkirk fans don't, their euphoria at new appointments lasts about a fortnight. I'm not saying we will, just to give things time.

The Rovers website hasn't always been the best but there has been some decent content put out since Murray was announced, with written interviews with Murray and Easton to go with the TV interviews and the behind the scenes footage for both of them. 

Hopefully this continues. 

26 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The Rovers website hasn't always been the best but there has been some decent content put out since Murray was announced, with written interviews with Murray and Easton to go with the TV interviews and the behind the scenes footage for both of them. 

Hopefully this continues. 

Aye, agreed. It'll take the new digital guy a wee while to find the right "voice" for the content he's putting out, and how that dovetails with what the RaithTV guys do, but the intent is already clear. Positive signs.