The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Against The Machine said:

Assuming he can keep Spencer and bring Scott Brown in, we'll not be short for midfield places. If you split the midfield into two lines (the way you would in a 4-2-3-1) you'll have four senior players for the "base" (Spencer, Brown, Matthews, Stanton) and four for the "attack" (Connolly, Zanatta, Ross, Easton). 

That'd certainly put is in a healthier position than last season, but it's a little at odds with Murray's initial comments about a tight squad. 

It's something I'd like to see, I think it's the kind of options you need to have for a proper sustained playoff push, but I don't see that there's the money for that and a full stocked defence, and that's before you get to relying on Vaughan and Gullan to be the only strikers of any note. 

Solid theory…

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If he wants Spencer as well as Brown then I don't like Arnott's chances of getting any game time. 

Which isn’t the worst thing even, especially if it results in Arnott getting a loan and playing time. I think that any of several League One teams would love to get Arnott on a loan and might very well have him as a starter. I dislike losing the depth, but if we got Brown and Spencer, I think that ship will have sailed.

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Feels like we have a packed midfield. I'd prefer we used the budget elsewhere, like a forward or two and a new fullback (even if Tumilty stays)

We are already heavy on attacking mids/wingers/forwards signed. We have to sign that RB for sure plus at least one CB, so I’m not sure Murray is still looking for a striker with Vaughan/Gullan/Zanatta all having played CF before. Yes, I agree none of them are true strikers, but true scorers available in our budget range are like hens teeth.

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Solid theory…

Which isn’t the worst thing even, especially if it results in Arnott getting a loan and playing time. I think that any of several League One teams would love to get Arnott on a loan and might very well have him as a starter. I dislike losing the depth, but if we got Brown and Spencer, I think that ship will have sailed.

We are already heavy on attacking mids/wingers/forwards signed. We have to sign that RB for sure plus at least one CB, so I’m not sure Murray is still looking for a striker with Vaughan/Gullan/Zanatta all having played CF before. Yes, I agree none of them are true strikers, but true scorers available in our budget range are like hens teeth.

We will get a striker in because can we trust Vaughan to keep fit? Gullan ain’t a natural No9 and Zanatta meh not really had much game time up top 

4 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

We will get a striker in because can we trust Vaughan to keep fit? Gullan ain’t a natural No9 and Zanatta meh not really had much game time up top 

I predict we don’t sign another attacker. We will await action in the loan market and run with what we have up top. The money will go to defenders.

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I predict we don’t sign another attacker. We will await action in the loan market and run with what we have up top. The money will go to defenders.

That's absolutely mental tbh.

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

We need to sign a #9. Can’t believe it is even a debate.

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Yeah. There's absolutely no chance Murray's looked at that squad and thought "a couple of midfielders and a few defenders and we're fine". 

Leaving out the young apprentices, we've got

Keepers :- McDonald & Thomson

Defence :- Berra, Dick & Lang (out till October)

Midfield :- Mathews, Stanton, Easton, Arnott

Forwards :- Connolly, Ross, Gullan, Zanatta, Vaughan

Maybe aye, maybe naw :- Tumilty, Musonda, Bene, Spencer, Poplatnik

We should know by next week whos staying and whos gone, including some of the young guys

Folks, can you give me a steer re season tickets? 

Along with a few other Community Club members, I've been trying to buy season tickets but it looks like all of our seats from last season have already been purchased. 

There looks to have been loads of seats sold.

Are the seats from last season ticket holders showing as unavailable or are next season's sales really brisk? 

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

We need to sign a #9. Can’t believe it is even a debate.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Don’t disagree, simply think it’ll happen.

45 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Slightly less important than needing a number 2.

What your toilet habits are is for you and don't need to be shared on here.  In terms of a right back let's wait to see if Tumilty stays. 

16 hours ago, Rowlf said:

Along with a few other Community Club members, I've been trying to buy season tickets but it looks like all of our seats from last season have already been purchased. 

Are the seats from last season ticket holders showing as unavailable or are next season's sales really brisk? 

Sales are only for season ticket holders at the moment so there's no way anybody else could have bought them. 

When you enter your season ticket barcode it should automatically add your existing seat number to your basket. 

16 hours ago, Rowlf said:

I had to go in twice, mostly because I'd left the tab open too long before beginning the process the first time. But when I did try, the error messages suggested there was a fairly significant issue. I left it half an hour and tried again though and it was grand. If you were getting bother yesterday, it's worth having another shot today and see if anything's changed.