The New Raith Rovers Thread

59 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Not sure if anyone here reads/posts on FanTalk but one of the posters who seemed very ITK regarding Poplatnik last season has said Falkirk had offered him a deal which would have made him the leagues highest paid player by miles and that he's turned it down. 

Find it hard to believe that McGlynn would leave Poplatnik on the bench for 3/4 of a season then sign him at the first chance. I’d be quite happy if he signed for Falkirk tbh, closer to his level. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Find it hard to believe that McGlynn would leave Poplatnik on the bench for 3/4 of a season then sign him at the first chance. I’d be quite happy if he signed for Falkirk tbh, closer to his level. 

Probably the reason he’s fucked them off.

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

I think forwards will come in when the loan market opens. 

Agree that our new forward(s) will be from loans, in my opinion…and likely, not until the season is near starting/starting.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Not sure if anyone here reads/posts on FanTalk but one of the posters who seemed very ITK regarding Poplatnik last season has said Falkirk had offered him a deal which would have made him the leagues highest paid player by miles and that he's turned it down. 

Given that apparently we're paying over 2 grand a week to Dorrans and Mehmet (Mehmet, FFS!), to be the highest paid player by miles he'd have to be on crazy money...

34 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Agree that our new forward(s) will be from loans, in my opinion…and likely, not until the season is near starting/starting.

I think we might get 1 striker as a permanent signing and 1 striker on loan that’s my feeling on it 

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Is it tomorrow that the contracts end, maybe hear something about signings if thats the case

Don't know about signing news but we'll surely put out an update about our out of contract players, even if it's just to confirm the obvious ones eg BRS leaving. 

3 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

What’s the chances of Afolabi coming in on loan from Celtic? He’s worked under Murray at Airdrie 

not saying I want him, I’m just saying this might be someone Murray might look at 

I think if he has established a good relationship with Celtic he will look to use that, they have a high quality of young players, probably hibs as well given his history there

What’s the chances of Afolabi coming in on loan from Celtic? He’s worked under Murray at Airdrie 
not saying I want him, I’m just saying this might be someone Murray might look at 
Maybe just me, but Afolabi has looked pish in every game I've seen him. I get that players and clubs sometimes click, but he's done nothing to impress so far.

15 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
46 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Maybe just me, but Afolabi has looked pish in every game I've seen him. I get that players and clubs sometimes click, but he's done nothing to impress so far.

I think some folk are now getting to the stage where they're just randomly reeling off the names of players he's signed. 

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I don’t want afolabi not at all don’t think he’s good enough for a promotion push side, but it begs the question who’s within our price range/free agent status that could come in and be that guy to get 15/20 goals 

Jack Hamilton?