The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not around where I was sitting Michael. One guy spent the whole game muttering under his breath about Davo and couldn't wait til he could jump on his back. And yes Ferry & Ellis got it in the neck too, but isn't that in itself a little ridiculous considering the season hasn't even started yet?!

Seems to me like our boo-boys have been doing some pre-season of their own.

Oh shite, that could have been me :ph34r: . Can't say I was guilty of shouting at him though, neither were those around me. To me, it seemed like he reacted at almost nothing, hence my criticism of him.

It is ridiculous, I certainly can't disagree with that.

In principle, I'm totally with you. You used to see it mostly with Neil Lennon at Old Firm matches, he'd take all sorts of sick abuse but a wee wave or whatever and there was uproar. It's pathetic. But Davidson didn't really get any abuse did he? I've not got a clue why he started his pish. There was a wee murmur when he played his crap pass out play, but there always is. He didn't need to start it. He got a fair amount of stick when he did it, mind, but to me he totally deserved it. He asked for it in my opinion. He acts like a child, and I don't know why McGlynn lets him away with it time after time.

Totally, 100% agree with the rest of your post though.

Fair enough. As I said in previous post, I was sitting close to a guy that shouted something. It wasn't that he was wrong in letting his frustration with Davo boil over, it was the self-righteous way he went on moaning after Davo told him to shush.

You know the thing I mean - "he shouldn't be acting like that/he's the captain/ why's he reacting?"

Well why fucking shout abuse to him in the first place?!

Oh shite, that could have been me :ph34r: . Can't say I was guilty of shouting at him though, neither were those around me. To me, it seemed like he reacted at almost nothing, hence my criticism of him.

It is ridiculous, I certainly can't disagree with that.

:lol:

The weird thing is, I find myself in the position of defending Davo and it's a little disconcerting.

I really don't want him in the team :(

Fair enough. As I said in previous post, I was sitting close to a guy that shouted something. It wasn't that he was wrong in letting his frustration with Davo boil over, it was the self-righteous way he went on moaning after Davo told him to shush.

You know the thing I mean - "he shouldn't be acting like that/he's the captain/ why's he reacting?"

Well why fucking shout abuse to him in the first place?!

Yeah, that's fair enough, I can understand that. It's the same people who go nuts when people like Templeman, who takes all sort of abuse from our fans, score and celebrate in front of us. Get over it, we'd all do exactly the same.

I'm still not too sure why he was shushing though, don't you do that when you do something right and prove people wrong?! All he's done so far is prove us all right...

Guest Dunc?
wats davo on !?!?!? SMACK <_<

guff in the highlights against hibs giving away the ball too easy thinks he is bigger than the club :angry:

You don't actually know what that means, do you?

Tadé was Man of the Match for me tonight. Definitely getting the feeling that he'd be much more effective as an attacking midfielder though, without that expectation that he has to finish too. There has to be a villain of the piece, and today I'd say that was Mark Ferry, but I don't really want to dwell on that.

I would like to add my name to the "Tadé & Bryce" supporter's club. I think that's the partnership with the most potential goals. I'd also like to see us have a real go at East Fife. I don't think Stevie Crawford has built a very steady team there, and he hasn't really had any chance to get a proper hold of them. They're there for the taking, and without wanting to sound like I'm being cocky or anything, I think this is the best chance we're going to get for our strikers to bag some goals and get used to hitting the net.

Guest RRFC1
Whaaaaaaaaat? Tadé was excellent tonight!!

Did Tade Put The Ball in the net? Thought so mate.. Bryce has a better scoring record than tade in pre season and although tade did work hard the night he can't score and we need a goal scorer on saturday if we're gonna go through :huh:

Did Tade Put The Ball in the net? Thought so mate.. Bryce has a better scoring record than tade in pre season and although tade did work hard the night he can't score and we need a goal scorer on saturday if we're gonna go through :huh:

Williamson didn't find the net tonight, Weir's failed to find the net all pre-season and hasn't looked like doing anything...

Tadé works better than Weir does, he should be ahead of him in the pecking order atm.

Well I wasn't there tonight but I'm agreeing, Tade and Bryce to start on Saturday.

Do I gather Weir didn't feature at all tonight though? That would suggest to me that McGlynn doesn't think he's got anything to prove at this stage and he'll be back in the starting line-up on Saturday, but we'll see.

Yeah, that's fair enough, I can understand that. It's the same people who go nuts when people like Templeman, who takes all sort of abuse from our fans, score and celebrate in front of us. Get over it, we'd all do exactly the same.

I'm still not too sure why he was shushing though, don't you do that when you do something right and prove people wrong?! All he's done so far is prove us all right...

That's true actually. Hissy told Fife's Finest to shut it when he scored, Davo told folk to shut it when he misplaced a pass :lol:

Well I wasn't there tonight but I'm agreeing, Tade and Bryce to start on Saturday.

Do I gather Weir didn't feature at all tonight though? That would suggest to me that McGlynn doesn't think he's got anything to prove at this stage and he'll be back in the starting line-up on Saturday, but we'll see.

No sign of Graham Weir or Mark Campbell.

That's true actually. Hissy told Fife's Finest to shut it when he scored, Davo told folk to shut it when he misplaced a pass :lol:

:lol:

Sums him up perfectly.

You don't actually know what that means, do you?

Tadé was Man of the Match for me tonight. Definitely getting the feeling that he'd be much more effective as an attacking midfielder though, without that expectation that he has to finish too. There has to be a villain of the piece, and today I'd say that was Mark Ferry, but I don't really want to dwell on that.

I would like to add my name to the "Tadé & Bryce" supporter's club. I think that's the partnership with the most potential goals. I'd also like to see us have a real go at East Fife. I don't think Stevie Crawford has built a very steady team there, and he hasn't really had any chance to get a proper hold of them. They're there for the taking, and without wanting to sound like I'm being cocky or anything, I think this is the best chance we're going to get for our strikers to bag some goals and get used to hitting the net.

yeah m8 thats why i posted it thick c**t :P

No sign of Graham Weir or Mark Campbell.

Right, so there's no danger of Campbell not starting on Saturday; and by the same token I reckon if McGlynn was considering dropping Weir he'd have played him tonight.

Guest Dunc?
yeah m8 thats why i posted it thick c**t :P

Okay then, Magnus, explain what you meant when you said that "Davidson thinks he's bigger than the club".

I can only assume Mark Campbell was just rested for the usual reasons, I was late to the game and he was outside the office talking to someone, seemed perfectly happy and there wasn't any limping or crutches.

It's good to see him and Bobby Sloan at the games, even though they're not playing, considering the distance they have to travel.

you meant when you said that "Davidson thinks he's bigger than the club".Okay then, Magnus, explain what (magnus ? smart bloke)

I can only assume Mark Campbell was just rested for the usual reasons, I was late to the game and he was outside the office talking to someone, seemed perfectly happy and there wasn't any limping or crutches.

It's good to see him and Bobby Sloan at the games, even though they're not playing, considering the distance they have to travel.

people who do the sssshhhhh sign normally do it to opposition and occassionly do it to there own fans but thats whenthey normally score not after a so called mis-placed pass which seems to be davos key factor, his ability to make poor judgement on passing

any more helga ?

Guest Dunc?
people who do the sssshhhhh sign normally do it to opposition and occassionly do it to there own fans but thats whenthey normally score not after a so called mis-placed pass which seems to be davos key factor, his ability to make poor judgement on passing

any more helga ?

So you don't even have a slight clue what it means, then?

Guest Dunc?
come on then smart arse wat does it mean then since you seem to know it all :P

explain why el hadj diouf of sunderland done it then ? ;)

What the hell are you talking about?

I asked you why you thought Davidson believes he's bigger than the club. Does El Hadji Diouf think he's bigger than Raith Rovers? He's probably right.