The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Or we could just let guys enjoy their holiday and play the young boys against Linlithgow in a pre season friendly.....in June.

We could and probably will but nice to have the guys signed up though. I’m pretty sure we will get players in I’m just keen to know who they are that’s all and see the new strip

39 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Not really a big disaster if we have to play Masson and Corr against Linlithgow. I’m sure we’ll have somebody in by the League Cup games.

Not against Corr or Masson playing against Linlithgow at all, but I’m looking at what if something happens between now and Saturday and we don’t have a CH in or if one of 2 gets injured we would be a defender short for the Tuesday and with injury records that is something to be wary about 

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Not against Corr or Masson playing against Linlithgow at all, but I’m looking at what if something happens between now and Saturday and we don’t have a CH in or if one of 2 gets injured we would be a defender short for the Tuesday and with injury records that is something to be wary about 

Dick or Brown can play CB. It’s a friendly against Linlithgow, calm down.

Edited by Enigma

I've heard the Keith Watson rumour from a few different sources.

Again, he's possibly still on holiday after having played in the playoff final.

33 and played most of his career at a decent level - hopefully he does the same sort of job Grant Murray did when we signed him.

Just now, Specky Ginger said:

33 and played most of his career at a decent level - hopefully he does the same sort of job Grant Murray did when we signed him.

Interestingly his name popped up in Dundee United's thread and the replies from a lot of folk suggest his 'legs have gone'. Not saying it would be a bad signing, we'll just need to wait and see.

In terms of other posts lately. I kinda figured, after the almost daily updates of new players coming in, that when things went quiet folk would start to get impatient. Folk need to calm their tits, there's not one team, from what I'm led to believe, that has a completed squad yet.

I'm a sucker for a fitbaw top so some news on the new strip would be nice as well. When buying my season ticket the office staff were saying they were hoping to have something in place by the Dunfermline game. I'd suspect they might launch it on that day to entice people to come to the game. 

12 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Would be happy with that and yeah an old head in there help corr etc ,he probably is still on holiday 

8 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Interestingly his name popped up in Dundee United's thread and the replies from a lot of folk suggest his 'legs have gone'. Not saying it would be a bad signing, we'll just need to wait and see.

In terms of other posts lately. I kinda figured, after the almost daily updates of new players coming in, that when things went quiet folk would start to get impatient. Folk need to calm their tits, there's not one team, from what I'm led to believe, that has a completed squad yet.

I'm a sucker for a fitbaw top so some news on the new strip would be nice as well. When buying my season ticket the office staff were saying they were hoping to have something in place by the Dunfermline game. I'd suspect they might launch it on that day to entice people to come to the game. 

There’s also been rumours circulating on twitter last night that apparently Euan Murray was spotted at starks park near the end of last week, how true that is I dunno but probably bs 

6 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

There’s also been rumours circulating on twitter last night that apparently Euan Murray was spotted at starks park near the end of last week, how true that is I dunno but probably bs 

I don't know if I'm the only one here but I really don't want to see him back in a rovers strip 

Deja vu from last season with people losing their heads over incoming players. We've had some fantastic signings so far from the new owners and I'm sure we'll be close to some more. Have a bit of patience.🙂

1 minute ago, Toddy said:

Deja vu from last season with people losing their heads over incoming players. We've had some fantastic signings so far from the new owners and I'm sure we'll be close to some more. Have a bit of patience.🙂

Who’s losing there heads? Bit of an exaggeration, just been spoiled with all the signing news earlier and want more, friendlies are all about fitness and trying stuff and we are all bored without the boys playing.

13 minutes ago, Toddy said:

Could see both sides. Last season, we left if far later than anyone was comfortable with but it wasn't helped by Berra deciding to hang up his boots. A few folk then got upset we brought in an 18 year old centre half, who turned out to probably be our best central defender last season. 

Looking around the division there's not been a lot of activity elsewhere, possibly that we did a lot of business early is a wee factor in many's impatience with the current slow down. I'm happy with the way things are going but can see the similarities to the start of last pre-season's central defence issues, it has more than just a hint of deja vu about it. 

Far too early to chuck the toys out the pram, surly a massive lesson was learned last season no?

Mind you it is the Rovers ain't it.😉

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Same criticism was aimed at Berra when he dropped down to the Championship and he mostly strolled it. Intelligence and good position seems to go a long way for centre backs as you go down the leagues.