The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

It wasn’t me coming out with nonsense chief

Someone mentioned that they had a meeting and that they  were moving to use a butchers from Kelty. I said that McKenzie owned the butchers in Kelty, which he does, nothing else, where did I come out with nonsense ?

Edited by spot on

15 minutes ago, spot on said:

Someone mentioned that they had a meeting and that they  were moving to use a butchers from Kelty. I said that McKenzie owned the butchers in Kelty, which he does, nothing else, where did I come out with nonsense ?

I was at the volunteers' day in early June and the pies were tremendous. Someone said they'd been supplied by the Kelty butchers as Dean McKenzie has an interest in them.

When John Simpson decided to retire and new caterers were to take over, I imagine everyone, myself included, put two and two together and came up with 37.

35 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

The bit that worries me about that ( tenna pad fitted) is in the article he says he is happy with his starters , so two 18 year olds as starters, don’t agree with Murray about that, disappointing 

I don't think it'll turn out that way. He says he wants another 2 or 3 coming in and I would be surprised if all of those were no more than squad filler.

29 minutes ago, Enigma said:

He’s hardly going to say he doesn’t trust the defenders he’ll be starting on Saturday.

No he won’t but I’m hoping he says we are looking for another experienced defender ( even a LB so dick can play CB) not just another kid on loan, lot of pressure on Masson and corr . I think it will be dick and Watson on Saturday with McGill at LB 

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

Quite disappointed we've not gone with the Kelty butchers. Can understand why folk thought it was a shoe in for them to take over catering. Stuarts is fine though.

Stuarts who pulled out of Kirkcaldy and closed their shops.

6 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Not just Kirkcaldy. They've gone for selling their stuff in co-op shops.

Much prefer Stephen's, having said that I generally don't buy food at the football as I'm not keen on mince pies etc but may buy a fudge donut. 

1 hour ago, renton said:

So... Watson and either Masson or Corr at CB on Saturday then, since we can't move Dick as we have no full back cover.

Actually, we do have McGill…but, yea, realistically I’d go Watson and Masson, unless Corr is 100% and has practiced, then I’d start Corr over Masson. If that’s failing, swap one for the other or (more risky) move Dick inside and put McGill at LB.