The New Raith Rovers Thread

34 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

If Nolan had an experienced CH beside him last season to help him through games, would we be talking about how sh!te he was, probably not. He had no one to learn from, thrown in at the deep end. Yes he was a bomb scare at times but there is a player in there, somewhere.

Nolan was 24 last season, Lang was 25. 

3 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Aye that’s the difficult part mate now is that 2/3 if Ngwenya joins partick all tied up who would’ve added to the squad especially Stanger who was highly rated, Murray’s future is currently unknown he may or may not sign for us(unless you know more and he’s defo not)… as the pars were linked also it could well be we might bring in another total unknown or another older head we’ll just have to wait and see 

Stranger was Potters pick. IM was not 100% sold on the idea, Stranger and Corr would have been the two competing for a spot had he signed but Ayr offered him as a 1st choice centre half. 

Patterson might be coming in either on loan or permanent depending on hartlepool.

but one thing is for certain there wont be anymore desperation signings IM & JP want guys who they have scouted, seen or know.

3 hours ago, RR35 said:

Masson was subbed off around the 30 minute mark after having a complete and utter howler against Dundee 

In the East Fife game he looked an extremely weak link. What I would say is his tackling looked on point in the second half but with the influx of quality players we desperately need another capable centre half. Personally I would send Masson on loan for a season to see how he shapes up in league 1

No he didn't 

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

I'm sorry but if we manage a win on Saturday, Corr and masson could get a game but only beside and experienced defender. 

Hence the slash between Corr and Masson. Suggesting either or. Not both. Hope that clears that up for you. 

39 minutes ago, Hadji said:

Stranger was Potters pick. IM was not 100% sold on the idea, Stranger and Corr would have been the two competing for a spot had he signed but Ayr offered him as a 1st choice centre half. 

Patterson might be coming in either on loan or permanent depending on hartlepool.

but one thing is for certain there wont be anymore desperation signings IM & JP want guys who they have scouted, seen or know.

That’s good to hear, we had enough last season 

1 hour ago, Hadji said:

That’s fair enough and totally understandable because as others has said we don’t want a repeat of last season defensively I know a lot of us are frustrated for a CH to come in and partner Watson if we have to wait on the right one then that’s fine 

3 hours ago, Kuma Power said:

That - along with Dundee in the Scottish Cup in 2010 - is the most pandemonium I think I've experienced in an away end. If I remember rightly (or I could just be making this up), there was a delay re-starting after that goal because the poor ref went over to get the players back and ended up getting poked in the eye with the corner flag!

I don't recall the ref being particularly poor that day, other than mysteriously disallowing a Rovers goal at 0-0😉.

Having witnessed Crawford Allan against the Pars, I'd say it's fair to suggest we've had worse.

2 hours ago, Hadji said:

Nolan was 24 last season, Lang was 25. 

He was 23 when we signed him and he'd only played something like 16 games since he turned professional and that was at a handful of clubs. He would've benefitted from a more experienced CH beside him and Lang wasn't the answer as he'd never played at championship level.

5 hours ago, MICMAC said:

He was 23 when we signed him and he'd only played something like 16 games since he turned professional and that was at a handful of clubs. He would've benefitted from a more experienced CH beside him and Lang wasn't the answer as he'd never played at championship level.

Thats why he was a gamble.

If Lang had a more experienced partner rather than a panic signing .... 

26 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

He hit a beautiful long range shot against EF that was unlucky not to go in. The guy is the definition of a utility man. Genuinely think you could stick him at CB or CF and he wouldn’t look of place. 
With our absolute shambles of yearly injuries he’ll be important this season.

16 hours ago, Raithie said:

From Rovers Twitter. 2000 home end tickets sold, 1200 away end. 

Probably get somewhere between 3500-4000 overall then. TV money means that we in effect have a much higher ‘crowd’ of (fag packet calculations) around 6500. Excellent for a league cup group game in July! 

And to be honest 3500-4000 is not bad considering. Out of our group of 6 season ticket holders only 2 can make it: 3 are on holiday and 1 is ill. I imagine most groups (home and away) will be seeing a fair few drop offs due to holidays etc. 

The injury thing is just something I’m having to block out. Thinking about it genuinely is infuriating and disappointing in equal measure. 

Hopefully we can sneak a win on Saturday, and then coast through the games against Albion and Annan. Still (thankfully!) a full 3 weeks from league action.

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

Unless Killie turn out to be woeful, this feels like the decider for the second place in the group. Would be great to start the season with a win especially in the derby, but also not going to panic if we do lose. Looking forward to getting back to Stark’s Park, seeing the improvements and having my first fudge donut. 

13 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Unless Killie turn out to be woeful, this feels like the decider for the second place in the group. Would be great to start the season with a win especially in the derby, but also not going to panic if we do lose. Looking forward to getting back to Stark’s Park, seeing the improvements and having my first fudge donut. 

I wonder if the fudge donuts will be available tomorrow. Maybe we won’t be able to get our hands on any until the league stuff starts. We might even just take a couple of sugar donuts and re package them as fudge donuts for these games.

Edited by Jilted John

17 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

I wouldn't rule out Annan causing a few shocks like last season.  It definitely feels like the toughest group.

6 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Doesn't feel like adhering to the 5 sub limit is "exploiting" the rule really. Surely exploiting it would be having someone pretend to have a head injury and get a free concussion sub out of it as well as the allowed 5