The New Raith Rovers Thread

Seeing the highlights from the opposite side of the ground, I'm happy to put the Dunfermline goal down to a bit of proper quality from McCann, he engaged Watson and McGill and neither could put in a tackle and got his reward for it. You can see we're doing a lot more pressing this time around, really trying to win the ball high, something we didn't do last year, however the Dunfermline midfield, especially Otoo had all the time in the world on the ball at times.

No idea how we announced 4500 tickets sold and then stated it was 4022. Who are these 500 odd people that didn't come along? 😂

Edited by CountryBumpkin

8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

however the Dunfermline midfield, especially Otoo had all the time in the world on the ball at times.

Tbh that was always gonna happen with Just Stanton as the 1 if-we went man for man for example 4231 I don’t think he would’ve had that much time imo 

I thought the pies were mince, someone had to craic it 😂 in all honesty I didn't think much of either the mince or steak pies (I didn't have breakfast or lunch so don't judge me 😂) both probably 5/10 for me. 

As for the game itself, I thought Corr had a really good game as did Dick. Smith didn't impress me much, gave the ball away too many times. We also tried to walk the ball into the net far too much as well, always seemed one touch too many. 

21 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Seeing the highlights from the opposite side of the ground, I'm happy to put the Dunfermline goal down to a bit of proper quality from McCann, he engaged Watson and McGill and neither could put in a tackle and got his reward for it. You can see we're doing a lot more pressing this time around, really trying to win the ball high, something we didn't do last year, however the Dunfermline midfield, especially Otoo had all the time in the world on the ball at times.

No idea how we announced 4500 tickets sold and then stated it was 4022. Who are these 500 odd people that didn't come along? 😂

Seemed a strange one with the crowd numbers, 4500 plus more people buying tickets from the office and then announcing the attendance as 4022. There were definitely a lot of confused faces that were sitting around me with that one.

6 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Suspect both Stanton and Smith will be in the squad for Tuesday. They came off as precautions. 

4 hours ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Murray mentioned Smith & Stanton came off as precautions/they were cramping up etc. but he also acknowledged there aren’t the bodies currently to replace them, so I’d expect them firmly back in the mix come Tuesday.

Murray again stressing the club are ‘close’ with a few signings but acknowledging it’s frustrating that there’s not much can be done once an offer has been made, other than sit by the phone & do likewise with other targets.

Listening again at 3:48 on, I see how you are interpreting that comment, and how I heard it more pessimistically after the match. It’s still not really clear how IM intended his response to be taken with regard to how people react, although I’d agree you two’s view is a little more direct interpretation of the statement. Hopefully you are correct.

I thought yesterday’s game was excellent and I really enjoyed it. That’s as close to peak-Vaughan as we’ve seen since his comeback. Some of his touches and movement were sublime. The one out right in front of the dugouts where he pulls it out the sky with bodies around him and laid it back to the full back just incredible. The movement to dummy it at the edge of the box and spin in behind so clever as well, cut the Pars defence open. Just a shame the pass was a tiny bit heavy for him. 

In terms of scorers of brilliant goals, have we ever had someone as good as Dylan Easton? I’m struggling to think of anyone in the last 20 years. Gary Wales the only one that springs to mind but was no where near the amount Easton has scored. The man just loves scoring belters. 

Mightily impressed with Dylan Corr. For a boy of 18 he has an incredible stature to him. Quick, physical, could be slightly better in the air but that will come. Would be happy for him to play alongside Watson when required. 

When Brown is fit, who the hell drops out of that midfield to make way? Connolly will come in for Smith but it’s going to be incredibly harsh on whoever makes way.  

16 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I thought yesterday’s game was excellent and I really enjoyed it. That’s as close to peak-Vaughan as we’ve seen since his comeback. Some of his touches and movement were sublime. The one out right in front of the dugouts where he pulls it out the sky with bodies around him and laid it back to the full back just incredible. The movement to dummy it at the edge of the box and spin in behind so clever as well, cut the Pars defence open. Just a shame the pass was a tiny bit heavy for him. 

In terms of scorers of brilliant goals, have we ever had someone as good as Dylan Easton? I’m struggling to think of anyone in the last 20 years. Gary Wales the only one that springs to mind but was no where near the amount Easton has scored. The man just loves scoring belters. 

Mightily impressed with Dylan Corr. For a boy of 18 he has an incredible stature to him. Quick, physical, could be slightly better in the air but that will come. Would be happy for him to play alongside Watson when required. 

When Brown is fit, who the hell drops out of that midfield to make way? Connolly will come in for Smith but it’s going to be incredibly harsh on whoever makes way.  

Not sure if it's as easy to say Smith drops out and Connolly comes in. We need to get Hamilton up top, if that's the case then we put Gullan out wide with Connolly or Mullin on the other side. Vaughan sitting in behind. 

Brown comes in for Stanton. 

That's if we go with a back 4. There's no reason if we sign the right CH we can't go 3 at the back put Brown in front to protect then 4 across the middle with 2 up top.

13 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Not sure if it's as easy to say Smith drops out and Connolly comes in. We need to get Hamilton up top, if that's the case then we put Gullan out wide with Connolly or Mullin on the other side. Vaughan sitting in behind. 

Brown comes in for Stanton. 

That's if we go with a back 4. There's no reason if we sign the right CH we can't go 3 at the back put Brown in front to protect then 4 across the middle with 2 up top.

I reckon that’s what Murray wants is another CH and possibly another Fullback and maybe changes it up to a 3 at the back if need be at some point during the season 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

I'd prefer this in all honesty. We're still to see Hamilton up top in any meaningful form, but I think Gullan's best performances for us have been when he's cutting in from the left wing. We're all pretty much unanimous that he's not a number 9.

The turnstile queue at the end was very slow. When my turn came my ticket would not scan so I think it was a common problem. I've never had this problem before home or away.  I was let in as were others. I think this explains some of the missing numbers.

35 minutes ago, JAR said:

The turnstile queue at the end was very slow. When my turn came my ticket would not scan so I think it was a common problem. I've never had this problem before home or away.  I was let in as were others. I think this explains some of the missing numbers.

Was it the e-ticket on the phone? My recommendation for these are always to make sure your phone brightness is turned right up. The app should do it automatically but if it doesn't, just push it up.

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Enjoyed the Dunfermline boy running up to someone, getting promptly skelped, then quickly falling in behind his pals. 

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Bang on

Good to see someone highlight the positives instead of those that are more keen on highlighting any negatives