The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, raith1974 said:

There are some miserable c*nts on here. We badly need a CH, Murray is a Championship standard CH but because he moved on for more money, signed for the Pars he's not welcome back. What are we Rangers and Celtic I think not. I hope he does sign adds quality, balance and depth to our backline.

He’s rumoured to be going to St Johnstone if you look at their thread and on twitter if its true mind you 

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

There are some miserable c*nts on here. We badly need a CH, Murray is a Championship standard CH but because he moved on for more money, signed for the Pars he's not welcome back. What are we Rangers and Celtic I think not. I hope he does sign adds quality, balance and depth to our backline.

sorry for not wanting a team of money grabbing c*nts and want players who actually want to play for the club 

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I’d be very happy with Murray but I would have thought St. Johnstone could, and probably should, be doing better than him.

I don't think he's good enough for the Premiership at all. A pretty average Championship CB is where he's at. 

In terms of players that have left for pastures new in recent times, I would rate him behind Musonda, Lang and probably Benedictus as well. 

Edited by Michael W

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Are you eight years old? 

Just now, Rover1883 said:

In what way does that make me an 8 Year old absolutely pathetic 

He’s right, even an eight year-old understands the concept of doing a chore for Grandpa that’ll take 10 minutes, and pay £2, being better than Grandma’s 10 minute chore that pays £1.

7 minutes ago, Rover1883 said:

sorry for not wanting a team of money grabbing c*nts and want players who actually want to play for the club 

What do you think most of our current squad are after, job satisfaction or money, hopefully both.

5 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Football fans would be the shittest recruitment consultants in the world if you listened to some of them.

"I've seen you had an opportunity with Ford. I'm working for BMW just now but they're offering more money..."

"Where's your loyalty you traitorous scum?"

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Football fans would be the shittest recruitment consultants in the world if you listened to some of them.

"I've seen you had an opportunity with Ford. I'm working for BMW just now but they're offering more money..."

"Where's your loyalty you traitorous scum?"

Probably owns a Hillman Imp too.

So we have a bunch of grumpy b*****ds in here who want money grabbing c*unts who will play a season and fu*k off to Hartlepool for more money and who don't like the Railway Stand and would rather the ground be a library while your at it why don't you bit*h about the new pies we have now or the new shade of blue we have on the walls. 

16 minutes ago, Rover1883 said:

In what way does that make me an 8 Year old absolutely pathetic 

Because I think a nine year old would recognise that professional football players will go where the money is, because it's their livelihood. 

We can absolutely have a Raith Rovers where the squad is made up of players who only want to play for the club, but I've gotta warn you, it's me and you playing centre half together. 

Anyone who thinks we're too good for Euan Murray, or Euan Murray isn't good enough for us, or only wants players who are coming here because they want to play for our club needs to have a wee sit doon.

We're not PSG or Man City. We're not even St Johnstone or Ross County. We're a provincial Scottish 2nd tier team with a modest following. Recent changes at the club certainly make us a more attractive proposition than we were - the novelty of being able to get a hot shower after a game etc - but such considerations come after the money situation is understood. 

It's Maslow's hierarchy of needs, boys. Food and shelter 1st, then employment and security. Coming to us is an employment proposition. Wanting to play for the badge is some way down the list.