The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

Was this meant to go to all season ticket holders? The only stuff I've got recently was one today promoting the match and a sponser a shirt one.

35 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Was thinking the same. 
I’m not a ST holder but normally get the emails about games etc. 

Haven’t got the one with the option to vote on giving the RS to Utd. 

Raithie relocated to the singing section/ nursery, because of his/her kid wanting to move there iirc. So he/she will have had that email due to that. 

Edited by grumswall

47 minutes ago, liam_barnett said:

Interesting approach you have there thinking we can sell the seats to Dundee fans when we're playing Dundee United!

Dundee…Dundee United…two teams from a black hole, how do ya keep them straight…I fixed it for ya.

12 hours ago, pub car king said:

I think we have a fair few rotten seats around the ground, the south stand is showing its age due to poor/lapsed maintenance over the years  and I think the North is/was worse

My son does one of the football classes on a Saturday and Sunday morning at Starks and typically parents sit in the North Stand during this. There's a whack of seats on the far side (nearest the Railway Stand) that have backrests but no seat to actually sit on so capacity within the North Stand is limited. I'm actually suspecting when a seat in the South Stands gets broken they replace them from the other stand. When looking out to the South Stand from the North Stand there's seats in the home end which should be either red or white (in the RRFC design) that have blue seats with either a white/red backrest. There was a period where the seats at the front of the North Stand were none existant but have since been replaced. If you're ever in the North Stand they are a bit of a different design (and look new obviously) to the other seats and a good bit comfier as well.

I’m surprised that fixing/replacing the broken seats in the North Stand hasn’t been a priority ahead of this month’s big matches. Cost of outlay on the seats would surely be made back from the United and Pars games.

Anyway, I’ve voted to let United fans in the Railway Stand. We’re a business and you can’t be turning away custom if there is demand.

9 hours ago, grumswall said:

Raithie relocated to the singing section/ nursery, because of his/her kid wanting to move there iirc. So he/she will have had that email due to that. 

I got the email too.

To clarify, I am not one of the n-n-n-nineteen. I have season tickets in the South Stand.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, Rover1990 said:

Getting an extra £8,500 in tickets is a no brainer.  Hopefully getting the singing section in the south stand makes it a better atmosphere.

Should have always been at the back of the South Stand. It’s supposed to start the songs / chants to make the rest of the stand join in. That doesn’t happen if it’s 90 meters away from the main support. 

3 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

I’m surprised that fixing/replacing the broken seats in the North Stand hasn’t been a priority ahead of this month’s big matches. Cost of outlay on the seats would surely be made back from the United and Pars games.

Anyway, I’ve voted to let United fans in the Railway Stand. We’re a business and you can’t be turning away custom if there is demand.

I doubt it. A replacement unit is probably £180-220, and the tickets for those four matches for the season are £96 all in…before discounting for expenses related to them. The reality is South Stand seats are much more likely to be sold, and therefore much more likely to make the money back quickly. The decision to replace North Stand seats is much more difficult, as we haven’t seen a possible demand for 3,000+ away seats since 2019, and even then there were only a handful of games drawing 5,000+ going back 12 years.

Just for a ballpark, 629 broken seats is potentially as much as £140,000 before labour and such.

Just for fun, here’s a way they can “restore” faded plastic “bucket” seats: 

14 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Reece Donaldson, Dougie Hill, Laurie Ellis and Willie Dyer?

Not great at recalling this sort of stuff,but

Laurie Ellis was a defo and certain  Dougie Hill is correct,other two not sure off

Pretty sure Tx will pop by and confirm who the full backs were,how many games the played in,who they played against,scores,weather,strip colours and what pies were in sale at the kiosk

4 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Not great at recalling this sort of stuff,but

Laurie Ellis was a defo and certain  Dougie Hill is correct,other two not sure off

Pretty sure Tx will pop by and confirm who the full backs were,how many games the played in,who they played against,scores,weather,strip colours and what pies were in sale at the kiosk

And what colour of sauce went best with the pies.

17 hours ago, grumswall said:

The singing section is undoubtedly a good idea but having it at the opposite end of the stadium from the rest of the home fans was always going to be an issue. 

It's a tired argument at this stage? Two left footed people can't play at cb, whereas two right footed cbs isn't ever questioned... It's akin to saying people aren't good enough because they are too young, which is definitely not a side of the fence you're known for tx. 

Euan Murray is actually as good with his right foot as he is with his left and has played in every position across a rovers defence. One thing I will say, and he admitted it himself when he signed, he does look like he's lost a yard of pace. 

What is a yard of pace ?

over what time period is it measured ?

With you on 2 left footed Centre Half’s issue v 2 right footed Centre Half’s

Ever since we played Cliftonville at Starks I’ve been following their progress. What a cracking set up they have. Also their stadium is called Solitude. I want to go to a match in North Belfast hopefully a home game against Crusaders. They are also the oldest club on the Island of Ireland. There’s some big clubs in Northern Ireland. Sorry if this breaks the usual chat about the Rovers. 

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Connor O'Riordan has put Crewe in front tonight and Keiron Bowie set up Northampton's second.

And Connor McBride just scored more league goals in the space of five minutes for Gateshead than he managed in a whole season for us.

Edited by Specky Ginger

26 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Ever since we played Cliftonville at Starks I’ve been following their progress. What a cracking set up they have. Also their stadium is called Solitude. I want to go to a match in North Belfast hopefully a home game against Crusaders. They are also the oldest club on the Island of Ireland. There’s some big clubs in Northern Ireland. Sorry if this breaks the usual chat about the Rovers. 

I've been to one football match in Northern Ireland. It was Cliftonville v Crusaders, at Solitude. Sorry for pre-emptively stealing your dream! 

It was a great wee ground though. Crusaders won the league that day, which put a dampener on the home crowd somewhat, but I had a great time. Like all great football grounds, it's just in the backend of an otherwise unremarkable scheme. 

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I've been to one football match in Northern Ireland. It was Cliftonville v Crusaders, at Solitude. Sorry for pre-emptively stealing your dream! 

It was a great wee ground though. Crusaders won the league that day, which put a dampener on the home crowd somewhat, but I had a great time. Like all great football grounds, it's just in the backend of an otherwise unremarkable scheme. 

Reds man here..

I remember my first Reds v Crues game...

the home support had to remain in the ground for 15 minutes to allow the Crues fans to disperse after the game, a regular occurrence then at Solitude..

Haven't been across in a few years now...