The New Raith Rovers Thread

Taken the win in and it was an amazing day. 

It's been a long time since you felt Raith were capable of beating a bigger team, but I went in fully believing we could. 

The buzz around the whole club is just amazing. I was around in the 90's when we won the league x2 and the cup and this team has that feel of potential and a family unit once more. 

I hope we win the league and Vaughny gets the chance to kick a Premiership ball with us. Nobody deserves it more than that lad. 

I won't be at the home games as I'm in New York for my 40th and Christmas but will be back for the Derby on the 2nd. 

Hope we sell out the home stands at Starks for the next two, the team deserves that at least. 

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

I don't think he played any games for Dundee this season so he could probably sign for someone else in January.

Correct, Byrne has only played for the Rovers, and isn’t even cup tied to us. If Dundee play him, he’s locked to us of them.

Even though it is a concern I’m still optimistic Easton will sign a new deal look at it last season with Connolly everyone was certain he was away in the summer but signed a 3 year deal (2 but a automatic extension if appearances reaches target) I know money talks most of the time but I’m sure Connolly would’ve had better offers than us surely? 

Ethan Ross seems certain to be away in the summer and probably signs for Falkirk permanently, so that’s a rumoured big wage off the wage bill we could always give majority of it to Dylan Easton over a 2/3 year period.

If anyone in this squad that is likely to leave it’s Sam Stanton and probably ends up at like a st Johnstone or somewhere like that 

The majority of the team players we are talking about are near or just over 30. There is limited upside for them trying the Premiership, and if they made it, it’s likely to be for just a year or two. Perhaps the idea of maybe going up with each other and the team will appeal more to them, rather than rolling the dice again. A manager who understands you is very valuable, and for most players much superior to the type of manager that sees you as cog A in gear set #2. Do any of them have after the game job training or plans? Are any working on their badges?

Think a lot comes onto the mix , we all know Dylan is happy , he has a young family , so England would be a huge risk you just have to look at Murray , Hamilton  and tumilty at Hartlepool and to a lesser extent Forest green with Hendry that down south doesn’t always work. IMO throw him in a 3 year deal with a rise in wages I think he would sign you never know it might be in the premier league playing for us. Think someone who is more important is Sam Stanton what a player kinda goes under the radar due to him not scoring the flashy goals / less flamboyant just does his job and boy does he do it . He can easily play bottom half of the spl just canny believe he’s still here 

8 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think Easton performs at his best when he’s got a manager who’s happy to put his arm around him and make him feel wanted, plus one who’s happy to let him play in that free role. He’s got all that in Ian Murray. I’m not sure Easton goes to a Premiership side and gets that sort of treatment. 

He'd get a fairly free role with us (St Johnstone).

We tend to play a sort of 5-2-2-1 shape with the 2 behind the striker allowed to roam about in attack but defending wide. Levein seems to be a good man manager type too. Its currently Carey and Kucheriavyi taking those roles up though, so im unsure he'd be guaranteed a spot (im not saying Kucheriavyi is better, but Carey is, and i doubt we play two 30+yo players in those positions), so i cant see us being interested unless Carey leaves.

Motherwell could probably offer him a similar role too though, but i dont know if hes better than Spittal for what they want.

Edited by RandomGuy.

We've probably flown under the radar a bit up until now. I was quite enjoying us just quietly going about our business and whilst others might revel in the fact we're being spoken about in such good terms I much prefer hearing heehaw plaudits from the media. Selfishly I feel it puts a lot of our players and/or manager in the shop window almost as well as ramping pressure on the team. If we are to mount a decent title fight the pressure will naturally come mind you. Next wee while is going to be interesting. 

14 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The biggest issue for us with Byrne probably isn't Dundee recalling him because they need him. The bigger worry for me is that a 3rd party club put in an offer for him that Dundee accept and he moves elsewhere. 

No team in Scotland are going to put in an offer (as in cash just now if that’s what you mean) on a guy with 6 months left on his contract.

Asked the question to Dundee fans on there forum and the answers I got were confident he won’t be wanted/needed back at Dundee.

I’m confident he’ll be a Raith player for the rest of the season and available to play against Livi.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

We've probably flown under the radar a bit up until now. I was quite enjoying us just quietly going about our business and whilst others might revel in the fact we're being spoken about in such good terms I much prefer hearing heehaw plaudits from the media. Selfishly I feel it puts a lot of our players and/or manager in the shop window almost as well as ramping pressure on the team. If we are to mount a decent title fight the pressure will naturally come mind you. Next wee while is going to be interesting. 

This. 
The late goals.

The unbeaten run and points total topping the league.

The televised pumping of the Pars with Eastons solo run. Stanton amongst others stood out positively.

TV game of the season v Partick where again our attacking options were there for all to see.

Ending Uniteds unbeaten season so far with a ridiculously good goal.

We were absolutely flying under the radar as the pesky Raith Rovers who’re keeping United from pissing all over the league. Not now, I’ve noticed the huge upturn in media coverage (helped by our own fantastic media). 

Murray will be a top contender for Hibs, Motherwell and dare I say even someone like Aberdeen as their current manager is an imposter. Easton, Stanton, Byrne and I’d say KD could all be on a bottom 6 SPL teams list. 

The success of the team has been the relationships between the players on and off the park, the connection to the fans and the manager. Let’s hope we can keep it ‘as is’ until seasons close. 

57 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Easton is a worry for me.

Engaging in a lot of SM posts at the moment with folk saying he should be in PL.

Either touting for a move or looking to be offered a better deal with Raith (he’ll be wanting to be the top earner).

Tbf I wouldn’t worry about him liking social media posts he said he likes everything that he’s either mentioned or tagged in, happened with us/pars/falkirk and a few other clubs before I wouldn’t read too much into it.

and in the high earner bracket he should be, as I’ve said previously give him what Ethan Ross was reportedly one of if not our highest earner… and with this season being played 3 good cup runs/ Dundee United attendance/ the pars and partick and all the revenue made so far we can probably make a lot better offers to players than we could previously.

Bit bored so had a look at how our attendances' have been doing so far this season. We've played 7 home league games and had a total of 28169 attendees at these games, compare that to the first 7 home league games of last year and the figure was 14115. Our total combined home league attendances' for last season was 34059, averaged over 18 games that makes 1892 per game on avg. This seasons avg. after 7 is 4024, over doubling last years total average (2132 up). Quite incredible and a clear visualization on how well the club is coming on. Based on that, I'd imagine we'll beat last seasons total home league attendance before the turn of the new year.

1 hour ago, RRFC12 said:

Bit bored so had a look at how our attendances' have been doing so far this season. We've played 7 home league games and had a total of 28169 attendees at these games, compare that to the first 7 home league games of last year and the figure was 14115. Our total combined home league attendances' for last season was 34059, averaged over 18 games that makes 1892 per game on avg. This seasons avg. after 7 is 4024, over doubling last years total average (2132 up). Quite incredible and a clear visualization on how well the club is coming on. Based on that, I'd imagine we'll beat last seasons total home league attendance before the turn of the new year.

Interesting 1st post for a newbie 

So with the January window coming up what do you think we will do? Obviously there will be your usual rumours but does anyone think we will sign 1/2 players or just mainly focus on extensions? (Know you can sign an extension at anytime) but I think maybe 1/2 might be announced then imo 

I would only want us to sign someone if they can really add something to the team.  There's no deadwood in the squad at the moment and I wouldn't want to bring the wrong player in just for the sake of increasing numbers.  I trust John Potter and Ian Murray to do the right thing and bring in players they think we need.

As much as we may have a bit of a budget to play with, I doubt it'll be too big.  That could change of course if we beat Livvy in the cup and get a financially favourable draw in the next round.

9 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

So with the January window coming up what do you think we will do? Obviously there will be your usual rumours but does anyone think we will sign 1/2 players or just mainly focus on extensions? (Know you can sign an extension at anytime) but I think maybe 1/2 might be announced then imo 

There is a rumour at our end that Gabby McGill will be signing for you guys in m January, personally think it is a lot of pish,   I know Murray is a big fan,  but to be fair to McGill , our new style doesn't suit his reckless style,  but has showed virtually nothing all season probably a league too high for him,