The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Aye.

Only downside is I'll need to stop booing their vans.

I'm almost starting to feel guilty about telling their salesman to f**k off for knocking my door when I was at my tea 6 years ago as well. 

Great gesture by them, wonder if they're paying premiership season ticket prices or championship season ticket prices though 🤔

54 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

From a Ross County perspective they'll surely have accepted the offers from those clubs offering the highest % of his wage? 

Not to be entirely cynical, but there is another, more sinister thought. Send him to the team most likely to be in the playoffs, if they can keep it up, at seasons end. Then, if they end up eleventh, we can’t play Turner against them…yea, it’s a conspiracy freaks dream, but it’s not totally wild.

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

I asked the question in the airdrie thread about whether turner would be cup tied for the semi final but he won’t be because it’s the diddy cup?

Unless he played for their B team

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Right then @RandomGuy. ya big sexy dork, let's see the pinwheels for Kyle Turner. Deliver some good news for a change!

(And if his for this season isn't that good, sticking to last year is fine.) 

turner.thumb.png.ebab90c8d467200ec4ac5353fa30d642.png

Playing him in a role that doesn't allow him to get forward is a waste. as he seems to be a really good finisher.

Interestingly, in terms of style, my system says Easton and Hendry are the closest Raith players, rather than Stanton.

raith.thumb.png.19f836cf8ff95b655576508253d1f936.png

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

turner.thumb.png.ebab90c8d467200ec4ac5353fa30d642.png

Playing him in a role that doesn't allow him to get forward is a waste. as he seems to be a really good finisher.

Interestingly, in terms of style, my system says Easton and Hendry are the closest Raith players, rather than Stanton.

raith.thumb.png.19f836cf8ff95b655576508253d1f936.png

As in regan hendry? That's only hendry I can think of that we've had in recent seasons 

13 minutes ago, grumswall said:

As in regan hendry? That's only hendry I can think of that we've had in recent seasons 

Aye him, sorry shouldve made that clearer.

It thinks Easton is most similar style wise, then Hendry, then Stanton.

1 minute ago, SerieA said:

@TxRoversuspension guru.Paton suspended for QP on Saturday?

Not that I’m aware of. He got a sixth yellow in his 20th match, so since it’s beyond 18 matches, it’s 12 yellows for a suspension.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye him, sorry shouldve made that clearer.

It thinks Easton is most similar style wise, then Hendry, then Stanton.

Makes sense with how I remember seing turner play at Stranraer. 

4 hours ago, Ex Machina said:

Great signing. I've wanted to see Turner at Raith since his Stranraer days when he looked a real talent. As has been mentioned we really couldn't have got a better replacement for Stanton. Pretty ridiculous we've managed to get someone of his talent in January but that'll be the Derek Adams effect and I'm not complaining. 

Another excellent piece of business by Murray, Potter et al.

Same here. He stuck out like a sore thumb for Stranraer and I've followed his career since then. 

I can only assume though that Scott Brown is on the verge of becoming a full time centre back. 

18 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I can only assume though that Scott Brown is on the verge of becoming a full time centre back. 

That kind of statement gives me the fear. Scott Brown is a lot of things, but he’s not a CB. He’s 5’10”, and giving up inches to attackers. He’s a tenacious defender, a good to great passer and a strong Captain, but he’s just not a CB. He isn’t strong enough in the air when playing at CB, a weakness that doesn’t apply nearly as crucially at DM. Heck, even at RB he’d be more suited than CB.

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That kind of statement gives me the fear. Scott Brown is a lot of things, but he’s not a CB. He’s 5’10”, and giving up inches to attackers. He’s a tenacious defender, a good to great passer and a strong Captain, but he’s just not a CB. He isn’t strong enough in the air when playing at CB, a weakness that doesn’t apply nearly as crucially at DM. Heck, even at RB he’d be more suited than CB.

He's actually a very good cb all things considered. Not the tallest of players, but his aggression in the tackle, workrate and ability to pass a ball through the lines is why I'm not overly concerned we lost O'Reilly. We concede too many goals, but we also set up to attack rather than defend. When we set up to defend, we play Scott Brown in defence ahead of O'Reilly at Tannadice and it's arguably our best defensive performance this season. 

I still hope the Ashcroft rumours are true but I'm not overly concerned at the prospect of brown at cb. 

1 minute ago, cilitbang said:

What was O'Reilly like in terms of organising the defence? Does he take ownership with communication or he is more on the passive that gets shuttled around by the other CB?

I can't recall, he was too busy up the other end of the park knocking in goals.