The New Raith Rovers Thread

Lost my shite the most I’ve done this season. Kev not coming for a ball that the ball boy could’ve strolled on and claimed. The lack of forward thinking from Matthews and Byrne. A shocking touch from Hamilton when it looked like he had loads of time and space in Airdrie box. Then our entire midfield and defence switching off to let Frizzell have all the time in the world to score 2.

I don’t normally do boos but I certainly did at half time tonight.

5 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

A lot of our home support were losing their heads in that 1st half and it’s no surprise.

Losing games is fine but the lack of energy and desire was a bit astonishing.

Set up with a hard to beat midfield then failed to press and gifted them so much space for the first two goals.

We need to sort the defence in the summer. We've never recovered from Lang, Bene, Davo and Musonda all leaving.

We need to recruit well. Murray and Watson both have had good games but we need to consider if we can carry two players that will likely both have numerous spells out injured. 

Ashcroft seemed like a good loan and it's been really unfortunate we lost him and Millen for different reasons.

We need to get defensive cover we have all sorts of attacking options on the bench but at the back it quickly becomes very makeshift. I like Dick but there is no competition for his place which isn't healthy.

Corr is this seasons Young. First name on the subs bench but not trusted to play.

Murray needs to decide how we're playing and if we need attacking full backs for it they need to be signed.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Lose on Saturday and there's a decent chance that we'll finish 3rd and play Airdrie first up in the playoffs. We all know how that will end. 

Murray still has lots to prove. I've seen nothing to suggest he's any more than an average manager at best and his squad building is all over the place. I certainly wouldn't trust him with next season's budget. 

You’ll most likely get slated for that post but there’s some element of truth in there.

I’d absolutely give him next season regardless of what happens now BUT if I see more midfielders coming in and that back line isn’t sorted then I couldn’t stomach it.

Dabrowski needs competition and as Country Bumpkin mentioned - what’s our plan in attack with Hamilton. 

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Lose on Saturday and there's a decent chance that we'll finish 3rd and play Airdrie first up in the playoffs. We all know how that will end. 

Murray still has lots to prove. I've seen nothing to suggest he's any more than an average manager at best and his squad building is all over the place. I certainly wouldn't trust him with next season's budget. 

We ain’t finishing 3rd.

3 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Sick of that vampire we call a keeper, made absolutely no attempt to save anything tonight. 

Nothing he could have done for the goals, similar to Airdrie keeper for Mullins strike, good hits, well placed. 

9 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

You’ll most likely get slated for that post but there’s some element of truth in there.

I’d absolutely give him next season regardless of what happens now BUT if I see more midfielders coming in and that back line isn’t sorted then I couldn’t stomach it.

Dabrowski needs competition and as Country Bumpkin mentioned - what’s our plan in attack with Hamilton. 

Hes been one big disappointment this season, but that may well br down to a less than talented or committed midfield, hell knows where we'll go from here if the the frailties dont get sorted for next season, Hamilton that is

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

Do agree with a lot of folk about the defence needing a big overhaul in the summer. If we are serious about promotion Dubrowski is not the keeper to take us there had the fear the whole game whenever the ball gets passed back to him. The people saying that feel for Brown playing out of position just remember he’s had near enough a whole season to get to grips with playing at the back and shouldn’t be making silly mistakes like tonight not to mention horrific first touches.

Edited by Rover1883

Just now, CountryBumpkin said:

Nothing he could have done for the goals, similar to Airdrie keeper for Mullins strike, good hits, well placed. 

That second goal, what was he fucking doing when it actually hit the net. Oh aye, made a half hearted attempt at a dive. You must’ve seen that. I don’t mean to be cynical this time. But two attempts to address the defensive frailties and yet more failure.

I wasn’t going banzai at KD with Airdries 1st half goals…it was the players that let them drive 20 yards to the edge of our box uncontested and unchallenged. Under 16’s defending…the strikes were quality. 

12 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Sick of that vampire we call a keeper, made absolutely no attempt to save anything tonight. 

😂😂 come on he ain’t saving any of those goals tonight. I will apologise if the replays say otherwise.

I do agree that he is poor at cross balls and worse with at kicking/balls at his feet.

Dabrowski is only one player, theres 10 others in front of him that's not doing the job they're being paid for, hells bells this team on paper should have a far better goals for never mind goals against

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

3 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I wasn’t going banzai at KD with Airdries 1st half goals…it was the players that let them drive 20 yards to the edge of our box uncontested and unchallenged. Under 16’s defending…the strikes were quality. 

Yip the myself (40 odd year old) and my 12 year old laddie sat next to me could’ve defended those better than Matthews, Byrne, Watson, the Browns and Dick did.

5 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I’ll be interested to see the defending, or lack there of, for the first two goals on the highlights.

23 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We’re 11 points clear in second place. If we finish third then things have gone badly wrong. Thistle’s manager was there tonight watching us, so no doubt he’ll be confident of a result on Saturday, but I still think second place is ours.

28 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

You really don't have a clue about football. 

Safe to say Dundee utd will win the league now, which should have been done by now all things considered. We've had a fantastic season and I'll be fucked if I'm not going to enjoy the remainder of it because we've lost the league to one of the bigger teams in the country Imo. 

The amount of "fans" who just want to berate the players and management after every loss is quite frankly embarrassing considering the strides the club has taken in the past year. 

I'm not happy clapping failure, I'm happy clapping us going from considering relegation a year ago when we could barely fill a bench, to applauding the club for falling short when if we'd hit the points total we will this season, last season, we'd have won the league. 

Now that it is basically confirmed we'll be in the Championship next season, who do we look to hold on to and who do we let go? 

Of the out of contract players I would keep McNeil as a back up GK and Matthews. Not fussed about retaining any of the others, including Easton. 

None of the loan players are worth pursuing for next season either. 

Now the guys we have out on loan who are out of contract (all except Hannah I think?). Bin them all. 

There will no doubt be one or two under contract players who move on too. If Euan Murray could be moved on that would be worth considering, while Connolly is another who might be worth cutting loose if we can find any takers. 

If Vaughan has fallen out with Murray his time could be up too unfortunately.