The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, RoversNProud said:

I just feel Stanton hasn’t been at it since his injury. Vaughan is best when playing off someone up top for me and more of a threat 

Tough call for IM 

Stanton is too good to drop for these games. He's our best player imo. 

36 minutes ago, jasperellon said:

Be difficult to leave out Turner and McGill after their performance against Arbroath

It was Arbroath we where playing though. A bit of perspective is needed. Thistle are miles ahead of them. In saying that, I would have Matthews at rb ahead of brown. Would be happy to have turner at lw but I'm just not as convinced about mcgill as alot of people are. Solid enough player, but hasn't stood out in any one position. 

I think McGill has played well whatever position he has been given. He just hasn’t been given enough opportunities and I feel that is because IM doesn’t know his best position. 

Murray has said to the FFP and the rest of the media, that like many clubs we are interested in both Hanlon and Stevenson but expects that there will be plenty of interest in them.

Murray would be wise to stay away from Hibs, they're a nonsense with their managers. At some point they'll realise that the problem is the entire club from top to bottom, but until then it'll be a sacking every half season and zero progression. 

When I saw that result today, I  thought how long before the try and tempt Murray away from us, if that scenario did arise and he went, then the compo might just be enough to temp his apprentice 

On 11/05/2024 at 12:18, SerieA said:

Don’t grudge it either but should be same price for both games.

Just take a £2 coin , and give it to Partick Thistle , problem solved ? 🤣 

Personally, I can’t wait for Tuesday. I’m feeling incredibly optimistic about things.

Such is the beauty of fitba however, I await greeting my beads out driving home from Glasgow on Tuesday night, following a Brian Graham hattrick.

5 hours ago, SerieA said:

Montgomery going to struggle to see out season after that result today 

Yeah he will be gone in the summer , tbh no one seems to do well at hibs recently, would Murray be any different, would he get time🤷🏻‍♂️ he would definitely go as it’s his club and a big job but they need to sort out their recruitment better

19 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Yeah he will be gone in the summer , tbh no one seems to do well at hibs recently, would Murray be any different, would he get time🤷🏻‍♂️ he would definitely go as it’s his club and a big job but they need to sort out their recruitment better

If he goes anywhere, the recently signed 3 year contract will see us properly compensated.

A shrewd move by the village idiots, eh @Ro Sham Bo?