The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What was the wee skirmish in the stairway about at one point in the second half? 

I was just in front of that and there were a couple of things. More folk piled down on to the stairs below and at the entrance presumably to be near the atmosphere... these were all adults rather than teenagers.

The stewards pulled out a guy in front of me who had been there all game, then quickly apologised and told him they had the wrong guy.

At the same time (about 68 mins in) there was a skirmish at the entrance. Not sure what started it but seemed to be a couple of sets of boys shoving each other, then a couple getting aggresive with the stewards... they were all 30+ so nothing to do with the YT or singing section.

Just an unfortunate thing that if you advertise the game and get 1000s extra in, a small % will be roasters, especially after a Friday on the beers in the sun.

1 hour ago, Ex Machina said:

I love this football club. Today will be the most attention I've paid to the top tiers results in a long time. Not sure how realistic it will be but will do everything in my power to be at the game next Sunday. Only the 7 or 9 hour each way drive dependant on where we end up and I'm unable to travel on the Saturday.

This is the closest we've been to the top division in my entire time supporting the Rovers (first season was the 02/03 season under Calderon).

Also, despite the penalty, Scott Brown, pler.

Hate to be that other guy but what is a pler? 

57 minutes ago, Laid Back Maverick said:

No, but I also can't understand the mentality of employing stewards to stand around in PPE and watch them burn out. They even moan at players for removing them from the field.

Welcome to the world of health and safety. They're instructed to let it burn out incase its got a firecracker or something in the end. You'd think that with their meter long tongs and the old ammo buckets, they'd accounted for that too, but no. 

Hopefully there is no permanent damage to the surface. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Hate to be that other guy but what is a pler? 

Pler = player.

ie he’s fcuking magic is oor Broonie.

Think Stanton and Brown are the two obvious guys who you’d imagine can step up a level and look good.

Edited by RAITHROVERS84

4 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Pler = player.

ie he’s fcuking magic is oor Broonie.

Think Stanton and Brown are the two obvious guys who you’d imagine can step up a level and look good.

I agree with you there. Though pler is nonsense 🤣

Final tickets on sale now and despite having 3 season tickets it says no tickets available. Same issues i've had everytime I've tried to book tickets on Fanbase.

14 minutes ago, Oberon43 said:

I see Sky have scheduled the second leg for 12 noon. Shambles 

Oh f**k off, that's an absolute shite time for kick off 

3 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Final tickets on sale now and despite having 3 season tickets it says no tickets available. Same issues i've had everytime I've tried to book tickets on Fanbase.

I managed no bother. Took seconds.

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What was the wee skirmish in the stairway about at one point in the second half? 

Just a pissed up young guy pushing a few folk around, including an older bloke who must have been about 70 odd, stewards tried to calm him down (unsuccessfully) until the police came and huckled the stupid fucker out.

5 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

same here

3 hours ago, Connor7 said:

Watched the game last night, felt Raith rode there luck at times. Brian Graham missing a sitter near the end of 90 minutes. 

But during these play offs, you need luck. Was great to see the stadium bouncing, atmosphere looked superb 

Think I will head a long to the home tie next week, will the railway be open? I suspect you might have a bigger home crowd than tonight.

I hope you can do it! 

I’d expect they’ll open it but only if they sell the other stands.  With last night being pretty close to sold out you’d expect a few more for a Final but who knows with it being Thursday and on TV. 

Wow, what a night!!!!!

incredible effort from every single player out there last night. These matches are always tense, nervous events but the lads seen us through. It’s been a wonderful season for us and now we’re within touching distance of promotion. Hopefully another full Starks on Thursday with everyone giving it their full support. Special mention must go to Broonie who was absolutely colossal in that midfield! 

14 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

same here

15 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I managed no bother. Took seconds.

To be fair I messaged the club through Facebook and they were able to sort it out within a few minutes. Tickets bought for my regular seats so I can't complain.

That ticket system is a shambles. Why are we allowing season ticket holders priority, then allowing them to just buy any amount of tickets they want anywhere in the stand? Now I cannae sit 1) in my season ticket seat that I’ve sat in all season and 2) with any of the guys I’ve sat with for the last 2 and a bit decades. Season ticket priority should mean exactly that - you get early access to buy your actual seat.