The New Raith Rovers Thread

Oh also this is the time of year things normally die off people start going on holiday and it'll be weeks between any news. 

The season finished on Sunday afternoon and it sounds like the clubs as busy as it's ever been. 

6 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Oh also this is the time of year things normally die off people start going on holiday and it'll be weeks between any news. 

The season finished on Sunday afternoon and it sounds like the clubs as busy as it's ever been. 

I think having the structure we have now has benefitted us massively, normally after a playoff we’d be weeks behind and missing out on targets most likely but good to hear it’s been in motion for a while for the signings 

Posted (edited)

Barrowman always speaks well and promotes the club very well. Great news that the main stand is getting its much needed makeover.

Still think the development of the railway stand is a must. Some standing or seating with boxes behind and a function suite that would host fans for games, but during the week could be sold for wakes, weddings and other functions including Christmas parties. All would bring in good revenue for the club. 

Sounds very promising for exciting new signings, but have to say I heard Stevenson had signed but for me he almost gives it away by saying they are getting players they tried to get last summer.  The next few days and into next week will hopefully bring us news everyday. Strips on sale before the end of June is encouraging and surely we can get 3k season ticket sales when they go on sale.

Edited by raith1974

Posted (edited)

Think we'll hear more over the weekend when the contracts have run out, the ones that are away most probably are Masson, Ross and Arnott

Fingers crossed theres the camaraderie aspect with the rest of the guys that might sway Byrne & Easton ......... but if they go they go not very much we can do about it, just get as good if not better players in to replace them........ value for money n all that 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MICMAC said:

Andy Barrowman was talking about one deal that has been on the cards/ongoing since last summer, I'm assuming that's Stevenson. I think Corr will decide to move on. His family were very vocal about him not playing and with the possibility of another cb coming in I can't see him getting a lot of game time this year. There's a lot of Prem players that've been released. A lot of defenders and forwards, not many midfielders which won't please Murray 😂

I wouldn’t blame the laddie. Hes done the job when been called upon but he needs game time. 

Can’t comment on the family being vocal about him not playing. Never met them but wouldn’t blame them when manager would put anyone (even out of position players) infront of him.

very interesting to see who’s coming in and where we see E.Murray and dick if we do go three at the back and sign another CH

Edited by mrraith71

So if we go for 3 at the back and we do sign another CH where do we see Murray and Dick? Obviously with Watson away and Fordyce signed, would we take Ashcroft? His loan spell was over before it began god knows how much that cost us! 

18 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

How much room do you think there is over there?

The whole area needs demolished and rebuilt. 6-8 rows of seats/standing the rest for boxes and hospitality. There is room if you use half the terracing thats there and can build up to the fence at the railway, maybe not for weddings or at least large weddings but people out there are looking for smaller venues as well. Dean Park I believe turn many people away if the wedding isn't big enough so there's the source.. 

17 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

So if we go for 3 at the back and we do sign another CH where do we see Murray and Dick? Obviously with Watson away and Fordyce signed, would we take Ashcroft? His loan spell was over before it began god knows how much that cost us! 

I would take Ashcroft but my concern is we need some pace in there. We also need pace further up the park.

17 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

When you’ve a Dick with the range and accuracy shown in the Partick match, I’d say he’d be CB cover and a wingback.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

The whole area needs demolished and rebuilt. 6-8 rows of seats/standing the rest for boxes and hospitality. There is room if you use half the terracing thats there and can build up to the fence at the railway, maybe not for weddings or at least large weddings but people out there are looking for smaller venues as well. Dean Park I believe turn many people away if the wedding isn't big enough so there's the source.. 

I think the best we can do wedding wise is to go all Vegas.

Get Mango back (ordained to do weddings) and have a drive thru at the office window.

Just now, TxRover said:

When you’ve a Dick with the range and accuracy shown in the Partick match, I’d say he’d be CB cover and a wingback.

Sorry don't see it. Barrowman stated we go again the best bet for promotion is winning the league. If Dick signs it needs to be as a squad player not a guaranteed starter as he has been a weak link. No thought goes into the punt up the wing to no one.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Sorry don't see it. Barrowman stated we go again the best bet for promotion is winning the league. If Dick signs it needs to be as a squad player not a guaranteed starter as he has been a weak link. No thought goes into the punt up the wing to no one.

The question was IF we’re talking 3CB formation. I don’t expect that to be our primary formation and I expect Dick to be our primary LB.

6 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

The Railway Stand is within an area where the Rail has some authority and rights. Any sort of digging or disruption of the earth in that area would likely require the rail line to be closed for the duration of the activity, at a significant cost to the Rovers. Additionally, Network Rail standard contracts for works within the protected area can include a provision that Network Rail owns the improvement and has to be paid to maintain it. I don’t believe the Railway Stand falls within this heightened provision area, but it certainly falls within the area of “interest” where Network Rail owns a veto on construction plans and requires significant documentation plus a percentage fee.

23 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I would take Ashcroft but my concern is we need some pace in there. We also need pace further up the park.

Tbf Murray has been wanting a pacey forward/winger well before January said it after a game on the bbc but nothing materialised so maybe he can get that this summer as we will certainly need it 

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

I expect Dick to be our primary LB.

If the rumours are true and Stevenson is signing/signed I'd be very surprised if Dick is going to be our primary LB next season.

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

If the rumours are true and Stevenson is signing/signed I'd be very surprised if Dick is going to be our primary LB next season.

Dick may well not be the primary left back next season but I think Stevenson signing actually has little bearing on that.

Would not, in the least, be surprised to see Stevenson step into a hole vacated by Byrne, as opposed to pushing Dick out of the starting XI. 

One things for sure whoever we sign will be above 25/26.  Murray is well known for playing with “experience” no matter how many mistakes they make. We have young guys with speed and ability who yes albeit maybe make mistakes also but that’s football. It’s only them we all moan about. 

Let the young laddies get decent loan deals with a clause to take them back if there are any injuries etc. 

excited for the movement over the next few days on who we sign/move on. 

#COYR