The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 minutes ago, edin rover said:

Is nobody else a bit concerned that the gaffer is MIA this week? He's cerainly due a break but my hunch is that he may currently be 'thinking things over'. The club are churning out the good news but no sign of Murray. I hope he feels the backing for having another go at winning the league is worth staying for!

Could be he's busy speaking to players. 

I would expect him to interview at Easter Road but wether he gets offered it or takes it is another story. Hibs seem to be on the verge of becoming a bin fire 

3 minutes ago, edin rover said:

It would be a mistake at the moment I think given the state of Hibs, the bookies have him as clear favorite tho.

Put your money on another guy who's played for hibs. 

24 minutes ago, edin rover said:

Is nobody else a bit concerned that the gaffer is MIA this week? He's cerainly due a break but my hunch is that he may currently be 'thinking things over'. The club are churning out the good news but no sign of Murray. I hope he feels the backing for having another go at winning the league is worth staying for!

Don't worry about him, he's currently blitzing out Whole lotta Rosie on the Karaoke at the Bronze Bar in Maga.

I told him about your concerns and he assures me when the shots wear off he'll be shaking like a shitting dog hunting high and low for new talent.

Btw bookies odds means nothing Murray might be favourite but a manager at like 25/1 could get the job, I wouldn’t look too much into it, only start worrying if the rovers themselves or a reliable journalists puts it out there 

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Btw bookies odds means nothing Murray might be favourite but a manager at like 25/1 could get the job, I wouldn’t look too much into it, only start worrying if the rovers themselves or a reliable journalists puts it out there 

Murray is currently doing shots off of zens tits (citation needed). He isn't the next hibs manager. 

16 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Murray is currently doing shots off of zens tits (citation needed). He isn't the next hibs manager. 

What now?

Update, I cut out for pizzas and when I got back Ian was torching all the Pars strips on the walls, like Roger Moore in Live and Let Die with an aerosol and a lighter.

Now we have a foam party going on courtesy of the local Bomberos turning up to extinguish the flames.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

As a supporter of a club who signed a geriatric from Hibs, Lewis Stevenson on a two year deal is an interesting signing.

Aye, when we were linked with him I really wasn't a fan of the signing, we signed Whittaker at 35? And he didn't have the legs to be a fullback anymore. 

I can't say I'd have been chuffed at all with him on a two year deal. I think the Fordyce signing was a very good one, I'm allot less sure on this one actually improving Raith. 

9 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye, when we were linked with him I really wasn't a fan of the signing, we signed Whittaker at 35? And he didn't have the legs to be a fullback anymore. 

I can't say I'd have been chuffed at all with him on a two year deal. I think the Fordyce signing was a very good one, I'm allot less sure on this one actually improving Raith. 

He's got a good season left in him especially at this level. Plenty of time for him to help train up the Kirkcaldy Roberto Carlos as his longer term replacement. Plus, even mcpake approves. 

Murray isn't what Hibs require just now, he isn't experienced enough or indeed good enough. So you'd think Hibs would see that, but, it's Hibs we're talking about here. There's a strong, strong chance he will go to them. Bookies aren't usually far away with these things. 

8 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Well I'm chuffed with it :)

8 hours ago, HoBNob said:

It looks to me that Stevenson keeps himself in top condition so we'll see how it affects him in the season coming. He can also play other positions that are not left back as well. A two year deal I think is pretty prudent, gives him a bit of security and allows us to give Callum Hannah someone to learn from as well as someone taking part in the community coaching etc too. Wouldn't be surprised if he transitions into a coaching role with us before his time here is up.

Morning folks,

Hi folks, I am following up for those brilliant folk who sent emails to local representatives (for those that did not, it is not too late - please see template below!). May I please ask that you send the below fellow up email? It is great to see Falkirk-based reps stepping up and that this email campaign has proven effective in getting on the agenda of senior Ministers. But we need more momentum and we really need KDY and Fife reps to do likewise! Thanks!

Follow up email template:

Good morning,

I am writing to follow up on my email from Tuesday. I would like to draw your attention to the positive support from Falkirk-based representatives. I please request that you write similar letters to the Minister and Mr Doncaster, the SPFL CEO, and share these letter publicly to demonstrate your support.

Letters to Minister for Social Care, Mental Wellbeing and Sport and Doncaster from Cllrs and MSPs here:

- Cllr Euan Stainbank https://twitter.com/Euan4FKSouth/status/1795844057912270971

- Cllr James Bundy  https://twitter.com/jamesbundy/status/1795770713036754959

- Two MSPs, Michael Matheson and Michelle Thompson have wrote to the Minister too, but they haven't made their letters public.

As you can see, the representatives have naturally focused on the Falkirk region. I would please ask similar letters could be sent on in the interests of constituents of Kirkcaldy and Fife. I would also stress that the vote on banning artificial pitches is likely to occur imminently, as such I would please request that action is expedited on this case.

Many and sincere thanks,

Your name

On 28/05/2024 at 11:12, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Hi folks, I am following up on the idea to write to local representatives to try and prevent the ban on artificial pitches in Scottish Premiership. This idea has the support of the club.

If you read the Consultation paper, it is crystal clear that the ban is unfair and regressive - the recommendations for ensuring quality artificial pitches are sound.

Numbers and momentum is everything, so please, please do email (if you have 5 minutes for reading nonsense on P&B you have 2 mins to send two emails!). I recommend sending two emails, one to your MSP and one to your councillor/council lead.

I have created a draft email to copy and paste. I have also included instructions for who to email if in Kirkcaldy and how to find who to email if not. Thanks folks.

EMAIL SUBJECT LINE: RE: Potential ban of artificial surfaces in the Scottish Premiership

Dear NAME OF MSP/COUNCILLOR,

Purpose of writing

I am writing to raise concerns about the potential ban of artificial surfaces in the Scottish Premiership. There is a proposed vote taking place in the coming weeks. This vote will only be open to current Premiership clubs with the vote being for a blanket ban of artificial surfaces from season 2026/27.

Facts of the case

I would like to draw your attention to this joint statement provided by several clubs who presently have artificial surfaces (Raith Rovers, Falkirk, Queen of the South and Hamilton Academical), and especially to the detailed position paper which sets out a series of arguments and recommendations to allow artificial surfaces to continue to be used. The joint statement is here: https://www.raithrovers.net/artificial-pitch-statement; the consultation paper is here (created by the four aforementioned clubs alongside Airdrieonians and Cove Rangers): https://online.publuu.com/516411/1157872

Key points: Artificial surfaces are permitted at the very pinnacle of the game, being used in Champions League fixtures. There is therefore no good argument for banning them with regards to quality. Banning artificial surfaces would have a deleterious effect on sporting integrity and, most importantly, have a devastating impact on various clubs’ capacity to act as a sustainable community hub, providing a basis for boys, girls and women’s football to thrive.

Request

I would like to request:

a) Public support of the consultation paper and to advocate that a ban on artificial pitches should not be permitted.

b) That this issue is raised with appropriate senior ministers with the request to support the consultation paper and to advocate that a ban on artificial pitches should not be permitted.

c) Raising the issue directly with the SPFL, the Scottish football governing body, to advocate that the consultation paper’s recommendations be accepted and a ban on artificial pitches should not be permitted.

Yours Sincerely,

YOUR FULL NAME:

YOUR HOME ADDRESS:

Find your MSP here: https://www.parliament.scot/msps; find your local councillor here: https://www.gov.uk/find-your-local-councillors

For Rovers fans in Kirkcaldy I recommend contacting a) David Torrance, MSP for Kirkcaldy here: David.Torrance.msp@parliament.scot and b) Cllr. David Ross, who is leader of Fife Council and represents Kirkcaldy North, here: cllr.david.ross@fife.gov.uk For Rovers fans, here is the link to Fife councillors:  https://www.fife.gov.uk/kb/docs/articles/about-your-council2/politicians-and-committees/your-local-councillors/councillor;

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

It looks to me that Stevenson keeps himself in top condition so we'll see how it affects him in the season coming. He can also play other positions that are not left back as well. A two year deal I think is pretty prudent, gives him a bit of security and allows us to give Callum Hannah someone to learn from as well as someone taking part in the community coaching etc too. Wouldn't be surprised if he transitions into a coaching role with us before his time here is up.

Aye, we heard that about Whittaker aswell, and Morton fans will be quick to tell you that Broadfoot is the fittest player in the club but you wouldn't want him to play full back eh? 

The experience he can pass onto other players and the community coaching is absolutely valid of course! 

On the last point is there space? You'd imagine that Fordyce would also want involved in that, and from the playoffs it looked like you already had a couple of coaches. 

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

Well I'm chuffed with it :)

I'm not sure how viable they are, but McMann or Strapp would've been better IMO. 

9 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye, we heard that about Whittaker aswell, and Morton fans will be quick to tell you that Broadfoot is the fittest player in the club but you wouldn't want him to play full back eh? 

The experience he can pass onto other players and the community coaching is absolutely valid of course! 

On the last point is there space? You'd imagine that Fordyce would also want involved in that, and from the playoffs it looked like you already had a couple of coaches. 

I'm not sure how viable they are, but McMann or Strapp would've been better IMO. 

Aye, time will tell I suppose. Didn't look leggy at Hibs last season, but then I didn't see Hibs do a lot other than lose.