The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, ganainm85 said:

I know what you mean, and it's been said about him before in the past. What some would call Rolls Royce type player in that you need to be good to have him playing. If the teams poor he isn't the type to dig in and grab the game by the scruff of the neck. 

I think its just a lack of physical ability more than a lack of aggression/effort. He just gets a bit over run and doesn't have the ability to weasel his way out of it as he can't turn/twist well enough consistently.

5 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

You're maybe using language that's slightly more critical than I'd choose, bur I agree with your overall point. 

I also think it's a phenomenon that more players and agents should pay attention to. Particularly your flashy wingers of this world. Drop a level, get into the top half of the division below, and you'll have a much better time of it. 

Aye, its why I wondered if Dylan Easton would've performed in the top flight if he'd gotten a move (and I'm not picking on Raith players and claiming they're over rated as I know thats how it'll look, hes just an easy example).

Its so much harder to consistently provide "tangible output" when you're seeing the ball 20 times less a match and also playing with less attacking support. You can look a superstar in an attacking side with plenty of opportunities, then your flaws appear when you're outnumbered the few times you have the ball.

2 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

Picture on my 'man cave' wall Alloa away in 1983, I'm front and centre but I reckon a few known faces there too 

IMG_2980.jpg

For someone who doesn't  do social media, Big Quinny didn't/doesn't half manage to get himself into a lot of photos 😂

13 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

For someone who doesn't  do social media, Big Quinny didn't/doesn't half manage to get himself into a lot of photos 😂

Looking like Noddy Holder's lost love child.

22 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

A young Stephen watt as well

Is that him bottom left? Recognise the guy on the right with the glasses, but no idea what he is name is. Just one of they guys you recognise purely due to going to games. 

43 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Is that him bottom left? Recognise the guy on the right with the glasses, but no idea what he is name is. Just one of they guys you recognise purely due to going to games. 

Yeah that’s watty and yeah you recognise loads of folk purely from fitba , someone will say hello in the shop etc and my wife asks “who was that “ and I’m like don’t know his name but he goes to the rovers , she just shakes her head 😂😂😂

8 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Yeah that’s watty and yeah you recognise loads of folk purely from fitba , someone will say hello in the shop etc and my wife asks “who was that “ and I’m like don’t know his name but he goes to the rovers , she just shakes her head 😂😂😂

Reminds me of a story about legendary Centre forward Willie Penman.

He used to get peltets off his wife as he would stand blethering about the Rovers to anyone, anywhere in Kirkcaldy for ages, and his wife would be saying ‘who was that Willie ?’

‘I’ve  nae idea, but they ken me’

😂😂

45 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Reminds me of a story about legendary Centre forward Willie Penman.

He used to get peltets off his wife as he would stand blethering about the Rovers to anyone, anywhere in Kirkcaldy for ages, and his wife would be saying ‘who was that Willie ?’

‘I’ve  nae idea, but they ken me’

😂😂

😂😂

17 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Dylan has since taken this down and reposted without the see you soon 

Could be a good sign or Easton has a secret account on here and saw the post and went f**k n took it down 🤣🤣

16 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

Picture on my 'man cave' wall Alloa away in 1983, I'm front and centre but I reckon a few known faces there too 

IMG_2980.jpg

That was taken the season before I joined the supporters' club.

Recognise the late Stephen Coulter from Dunnikier Estate. A smashing guy taken far too soon.

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Could be a good sign or Easton has a secret account on here and saw the post and went f**k n took it down 🤣🤣

I often wonder about the number of players that read P&B.

Id imagine it’s more than people imagine.

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I often wonder about the number of players that read P&B.

Id imagine it’s more than people imagine.

I'd expect either Byrne asked him to take it down, or Easton realised he'll have a day of folk in our support asking him about it all day.