The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

But…the catch is we have the three obvious starters (Stevenson, Fordyce and Murray) now, so we’re pitching to Ashcroft or Hanlon that they might not be a regular starter. It doesn’t matter what we say if the other bidders don’t have a clear two or three CB’s capable of starting, it has to make the player think about it. I’m confident those players think they’ve but a few years left, and they want to play, not possibly sit.

Stevenson Will play left back, where he has spent nearly all his career, can cover at cb if needed and midfield but I expect he will be starting  left back ,have heard Hanlon has signed so no drama or scenarios  Tx for you to discuss

14 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Stevenson Will play left back, where he has spent nearly all his career, can cover at cb if needed and midfield but I expect he will be starting  left back ,have heard Hanlon has signed so no drama or scenarios  Tx for you to discuss

2 CB = Murray and Fordyce signed…

3 CB = Murray, Fordyce and Stevenson (LCB) signed…

My assertion remains the same, Ashcroft and/or Hanlon see no “clear” 100% starter role.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

But…the catch is we have the three obvious starters (Stevenson, Fordyce and Murray) now, so we’re pitching to Ashcroft or Hanlon that they might not be a regular starter. It doesn’t matter what we say if the other bidders don’t have a clear two or three CB’s capable of starting, it has to make the player think about it. I’m confident those players think they’ve but a few years left, and they want to play, not possibly sit.

We have two obvious starting CBs. Stevenson is a left back all day long and would be behind Dick and Brown as an aux CB.

I'm also fairly sure these guys are used to the concept of competition for places.

Edited by renton

30 minutes ago, TxRover said:

My assertion remains the same, Ashcroft and/or Hanlon see no “clear” 100% starter role.

This is bollocks though.

44 minutes ago, TxRover said:

We don’t want any player having  “clear 100% starter role” 🤷🏻‍♂️

59 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You seem determined to play a full back in a back three and call him a 'left centre back'.

Maybe you don't understand how a back three works.

Or where the full backs are outwith the back three.

I am absolutely certain that a player who has played hundreds of games  in the top flight and has been capped for his country isn't going to be worried about stepping down a league and not getting a game ahead of Ewan Murray or Callum Fordyce. 

52 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

I am absolutely certain that a player who has played hundreds of games  in the top flight and has been capped for his country isn't going to be worried about stepping down a league and not getting a game ahead of Ewan Murray or Callum Fordyce. 

Versus a clear spot elsewhere? Just saying.

3 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Let’s be honest, Hanlon has way better offers hence the silence. I’d rather we went for Ashcroft (even though he played less than 30 minutes)

Kinda hope that's the fall back option, but Hanlons supposed to gave signed, so we'll just have to wait n see. Training restarts on Monday 

If Hanlon has already signed as has been alluded, it's not unrealistic the club will want to wait until he's physically in Kirkcaldy and they can pull together a social media package to announce it given it will be a 'big' signing. Until he's announced elsewhere, I'm still fairly positive about seeing him a Raith shirt next season at this stage.

14 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Let’s be honest, Hanlon has way better offers hence the silence. I’d rather we went for Ashcroft (even though he played less than 30 minutes)

Seems to be a few suggestions he’s already signed but won’t be announced until he’s back from Germany. Don’t know if any of those suggesting this are ITK. Would love to see something sooner rather than later. Also thought from Barrowman’s recent interview that the nee kit would be announced this week

1 minute ago, RRFC1989 said:

Seems to be a few suggestions he’s already signed but won’t be announced until he’s back from Germany. Don’t know if any of those suggesting this are ITK. Would love to see something sooner rather than later. Also thought from Barrowman’s recent interview that the nee kit would be announced this week

I was hoping along with the kit launch which I thought was this week might also reveal a signing or 2.

15 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Let’s hope it’s not Joma

Its 100% Joma. The third kit already shows its Joma + didn’t Barrowman work with them? Would imagine he’ll know their margins and negotiate the best deal for the club.

1 hour ago, Stardog_champion said:

What's your thoughts behind preferring Ashcroft? For me Hanlon has a lot more experience and is a player who could consistently still play in the top flight. It's a no brainer imo. 

1 hour ago, Ex Machina said:

If Hanlon has already signed as has been alluded, it's not unrealistic the club will want to wait until he's physically in Kirkcaldy and they can pull together a social media package to announce it given it will be a 'big' signing. Until he's announced elsewhere, I'm still fairly positive about seeing him a Raith shirt next season at this stage.

On that basis that would be Monday when training resumes