The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

They're also moved to 4th January, is it even still new year then? I am quite glad that they've moved away from cramming 3 gams between boxing day and new year like we used to and its a bit more evenly spaced.

Both of the Tuesday night fixtures again are mirrored though. Last season we had Morton, this time it’s Airdrie. Fun

I know I’m a bit of an old fart but when I was younger, New Year went on the middle of Feb at least.  

3 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

They're also moved to 4th January, is it even still new year then? I am quite glad that they've moved away from cramming 3 gams between boxing day and new year like we used to and its a bit more evenly spaced.

Exactly, it's basically now just Saturday games which I suppose helps with people getting off work. Getting holidays in my team at work are fairly difficult around the Christmas period since everyone wants to be off. So, I suppose from that point they might get more through the gates, people not having to take holidays if not off already, however a boxing day or 1st/2nd Jan derby is always the best way to go.

I don't know how it's worked out but if they do put it to clubs for opinion/votes I could see a lot of the players and management wanting boxing day off, which is suppose is understandable but it does suck a bit as it's tradition.

Only thing worse in this bracket is when games are scheduled for Christmas Eve.

6 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

The fixture release video the club has put out is another fantastic piece of baiting! Glad to see we’re still going down that road!

I thought it was great.  Most opposition fans will see the funny side of it too (or at least not be bothered by it) but it will wind up the right kind of people who will of course retweet in a rage to get even more impressions for it.

Found something the new lot have messed up…the link for the team on the webpage is still last years lots/numbers. Comforting to know some things are still the same as always, eh? Went to see if they’d posted the new numbers yet, and was greeted by Keith Watson…

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Found something the new lot have messed up…the link for the team on the webpage is still last years lots/numbers. Comforting to know some things are still the same as always, eh? Went to see if they’d posted the new numbers yet, and was greeted by Keith Watson…

They do seem to have updated everybody else though, no Corr, McGill, etc.  So possible that Watson is still technically under contract for a couple more days?

Edited by SanStarko

Lovely bit of SPFL scheduling, as the League Cup dates for Quarters, Semis and the Final are all Home matches that can be potentially disrupted…Accies, Ayr and the Pars. I know it’s not a likely problem, but ALL three home dates? It’s the same way that we both start and end away…it shows that there has to have been some plan, but I’ve got absolutely no idea what it might have been, unless they just get drunk and toss darts at papers. The Challenge Cup only has a possible conflict for the Final, and both are away matches…which means at least one other team has the issue there.

Can someone confirm the BBC rules remain the same, two home matches from each stadia for this year? I haven’t heard of a change…but it’s an annoying twist in seeking to attend a match internationally.