The New Raith Rovers Thread

In terms of signings it's probably best to get them in early so the get fully integrated into our system. The problem we've had preseason has been the performances and lack of chances created mainly against lower league opposition. 

I could excuse the East Fife game as we had been back 5 days and it was all about fitness, but Inverness we were poor, Stranraer we were poor and Hamilton that first half performance was terrible. If we had gone out in those games and played decent stuff hopes for tomorrow would be so much higher. 

Was also hoping we would see a new signing in this week having said that I'd rather the board didn't rush and we get the right player in.

Just now, pub car king said:

BBC fairly bigging up Falkirk. Sounds like McGlynn has been dishing out more of his contracts again. 

Aye the invincibles against a pretty poor Q P side, the contracts wouldn't surprise me 

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

I think John Potter might trump Mcglynn on that front

Do Potters contracts include incremental increases regardless of performance and ultimately f**k the budget for the next 2 seasons. 

40 minutes ago, pub car king said:

BBC fairly bigging up Falkirk. Sounds like McGlynn has been dishing out more of his contracts again. 

Let’s do our talking on the park this season, they played well enough without creating a barrow load of chances , when it doesn’t work what will Mcglynn do , same again probably and actually seeing him tonight was wondering how I would feel, answer can’t stand him now for creating that situation then running away like a coward no matter the official line from him /club . 

12 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Do Potters contracts include incremental increases regardless of performance and ultimately f**k the budget for the next 2 seasons. 

Well when you see the length of contracts handed out to some of the current squad, you do have to wonder if we achieve our aim this season then we might have a problem… that’s a discussion for another day though.

Edited by Jilted John

12 minutes ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

LETS BE HONEST GUYS

FALKIRK WERE FIT, QUICK, AND NEVER ALLOWED QP ANY TIME ON THE BALL.

We would currently struggle badly against that team!

I don't understand why all of those words are capitalised and then suddenly not for the final sentence. Did you find that your caps lock was stuck or something?

Anyway, Vaughan being thrown straight into the starting 11 feels a bit like a massive risk today given he's had 1 week of training with the squad for pre-season.

7 minutes ago, renton said:

That's a 4-1-3-2 isnt it?

Yeah, with very little mobility in the middle of the park. I can see Airdrie exploiting those areas. With Matthews at right back, I expect him to move into midfield when we're in possession to give a bit of additional coverage. 

It could be a 4-2-3-1 with Stanton deeper and Vaughan or Easton in behind.

Edited by CountryBumpkin

There’s definitely a conversation to be had about Jack Hamilton. Was speaking about this when he went off injured v Stranraer, but if we can’t keep him fit then he’s a bit of a waste and probably needs punted, even if it’s a loan, and I say that as someone who’s a massive fan of him. 

As for today, my goodness, even poorer than I thought we’d be, and my expectations were pretty low. 

I think that Airdrie team isn’t as good as last season’s side, which isn’t a surprise considering how many players they’ve lost, but we haven’t laid a glove on them. 

If there’s players to come in, then fine, we’ll presumably get better, but that team looked like a plodding mid table side that is utterly devoid of ideas rather than a team capable of challenging for promotion. 

The first half was 2 shite teams. The second half was 1 shite team and a no show. 

So many points of failure today it was a f**king disaster. 

Serious questions to be asked about squad fitness. 

We start Vaughan who hasn't kicked a ball all pre season. Hamilton pulls up after 45 seconds and we end the game with 10 men due to injuries. 

11 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

There’s definitely a conversation to be had about Jack Hamilton. Was speaking about this when he went off injured v Stranraer, but if we can’t keep him fit then he’s a bit of a waste and probably needs punted, even if it’s a loan, and I say that as someone who’s a massive fan of him. 

As for today, my goodness, even poorer than I thought we’d be, and my expectations were pretty low. 

I think that Airdrie team isn’t as good as last season’s side, which isn’t a surprise considering how many players they’ve lost, but we haven’t laid a glove on them. 

If there’s players to come in, then fine, we’ll presumably get better, but that team looked like a plodding mid table side that is utterly devoid of ideas rather than a team capable of challenging for promotion. 

We were poor today, and missing players and some carrying injuries. And we still beat you without much of a challenge. Oh, and we've a few players to come in too. 😉