The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, AuldReekie said:

Many thanks to the Rovers for cheering us Pars fans up after what has been a terrible couple of months. 

If I were a Rovers fan, I'd be a bit worried about such an erratic decision and the apparent desperation for promotion this year. Got all the hallmarks of short-termism - wouldn't want to think about what happens if there's no promotion or the money dries up. 

Yes, we need a "Dunfermline-esque" 7 year plan instead 

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

Great guy. Make sure to give him complete control of transfers and he’ll build a side that’ll get you a top six finish. 

Reveal hidden contents

In League One.

IMG_1060.webp

He looks like he's just been appointed manager of a branch of the TSB. 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

He looks like he's just been appointed manager of a branch of the TSB. 

They Shite Bairns? 

Unless someone is lined up you’d imagine when it is advertised then we won’t be short of admirers. Coaches who have SPL aspirations will be keen, perhaps those who have had a taste of SPL will also be keen such as Barry Robson.

I’m guessing those with limited experience such as Christophe Berra will also be keen. He has just returned to Scotland after a brief coaching spell in the US.

these next  few days will be interesting  that’s for sure. 

1 minute ago, Railwaystand said:

Unless someone is lined up you’d imagine when it is advertised then we won’t be short of admirers. Coaches who have SPL aspirations will be keen, perhaps those who have had a taste of SPL will also be keen such as Barry Robson.

I’m guessing those with limited experience such as Christophe Berra will also be keen. He has just returned to Scotland after a brief coaching spell in the US.

these next  few days will be interesting  that’s for sure. 

SPL is long long gone m8.

Im sure plenty folk will be interested by you have just sacked a manager after filling the team with his pals and delivering your best season in recent memory, that might cause some second thoughts.

Just now, 101 said:

They Shite Bairns? 

We were under him only Holt can class going from 2nd to 6th and say "he was up against it"

Has Fife imploded or something, 2 clubs that have went to bomb scare at the start of a new season (not that I'm complaining)

Your board must have someone in mind but if I was a manager from the outside looking in at the position it has more red flags than a N Korean communist party convention.  90 mins into a new season sacking, 26 days of a transfer window and no guarantee the signings they have are going to work or wanted by the new manager or they are going to need to have a pay off to release them and whos to say the new man wont make it worse.

Just now, AL-FFC said:

Your board must have someone in mind but if I was a manager

My board are looking for a goalkeeper not a manager.

28 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Hanlon aside I don't see any of our new signings giving off 'we've spent a fortune on players wages' vibes. 

Yeah I was surprised by Raith's lack of new signings if anything. Not sure how many you actually signed but 9 of your 11 yesterday were with you last year, and Fordyce wasn't really a planned signing. From the outside it looks like the squad hasn't changed enough and Murray mentioned something similar in his ramblings yesterday about players maybe being too comfortable. Certainly on the park yesterday it looked like a side who needed freshening up.

28 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Potter isn't included in that cohort of village champions Ro Bam Sho.

Yes but surely the rest of them would be at fault for appointing him in the first place? 

I really hope we’re looking at Jim Magilton. I’m shocked at this. But we’ve been brutal since January. What got on my tits the most was the timid attempt in the promotion finals. This cup campaign was akin to players having never played together before. 

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

We were under him only Holt can class going from 2nd to 6th and say "he was up against it"

Has Fife imploded or something, 2 clubs that have went to bomb scare at the start of a new season (not that I'm complaining)

Your board must have someone in mind but if I was a manager from the outside looking in at the position it has more red flags than a N Korean communist party convention.  90 mins into a new season sacking, 26 days of a transfer window and no guarantee the signings they have are going to work or wanted by the new manager or they are going to need to have a pay off to release them and whos to say the new man wont make it worse.

That's the thing though it isn't just 90 mins into a new season,  it's been mediocre since January 

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

That's the thing though it isn't just 90 mins into a new season,  it's been mediocre since January 

We sacked Miller and McCracken when we were sitting 2nd and replaced with Gary Holt who took us to 6th and he thought that was an improvement under him. be careful what you wish for.

The only people that know what's happened and why It's happened are the board and murray himself. And that's the way it should stay. No-one owes anyone an explanation. Let's trust the board make the right decision behind the new gaffer and get behind him 100%.