The New Raith Rovers Thread

Clearly something brewing behind the scenes which has carried over from last season. Yesterday was obviously the final straw.

Very bold from the board I have to say. Clearly not mucking about. 

Raith Rovers eh? It’s a rare laugh. 

What drawing to us and losing to Airdrie does to a football club surely if the Raith owners had doubts about Murray they should of punted him at the end of last season not after the first game of the season when he's already brought another 7 new players in? To be honest I didn't really rate Murray as a manager and I don't think he would of took Raith to the premiership however I don't think sacking him especially at this time was the correct decision and it could age very badly come the end of the season if you get this next appointment wrong. Be interesting to see who comes in at Raith maybe someone who's been at Kelty like a Kevin Thompson could be a shout. Imrie could be a shout as well.

2 minutes ago, bagpuss said:

I'll prepare to be proven wrong, but I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of appointing McCabe. Can't see any reason why  he'd swap Airdrie for Raith

Probably significantly higher wages and far more chance of getting promoted?

38 minutes ago, philpy said:

The only people that know what's happened and why It's happened are the board and murray himself. And that's the way it should stay. No-one owes anyone an explanation. Let's trust the board make the right decision behind the new gaffer and get behind him 100%.

Unless they have done something cute, they’ll owe Murray a fair amount of cash after giving him a 3 year contract extension in December.That’s a bit of a waste of money.

If the club is so sure of the manager that they back him with a 3 year extension and then 8 months later decide he needs binned, that’s a concern.

Now it just remains to be seen who is up next and what the explanation is for this sudden sacking.

I understand that some Raith fans were questioning Murray’s tenure but he had you a solid Championship team challenging at the top and a baws hair away from promotion to the premiership. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Sometimes there isn’t even grass on the other side and sometimes it’s a bog. A sludgy, midge infested bog with human waste. I’m an Ayr fan. I’m speaking from experience.

1 minute ago, Railwaystand said:

If Imrie is the answer I never want to find out what the question was.  That would be horrific. 

Who is the biggest ned in Scottish football management (aside from Mick Kennedy)?

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Unless they have done something cute, they’ll owe Murray a fair amount of cash after giving him a 3 year contract extension in December.That’s a bit of a waste of money.

If the club is so sure of the manager that they back him with a 3 year extension and then 8 months later decide he needs binned, that’s a concern.

Now it just remains to be seen who is up next and what the explanation is for this sudden sacking.

I think they’ll have done something cute. 

Genuinely interested to see who gets this job? Can't see it being McCabe, he could get better if he was to move. Courts surely wouldn't be an inspiring appointment. Who else is around?

25 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Some of the players extended will be on a pretty packet. 

Be interesting to see who the board appoint, at Kelty they appointed Barry Ferguson, Kevin Thompson and Potter? Not a fantastic record. 

Thomson was a roaring success, Ferguson did what he was targeted to do (heavily bankrolled of course) and Potter was pretty shite. Mixed record really. You could include Courts who was class but at a different level of course.

6 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

If Imrie is the answer I never want to find out what the question was.  That would be horrific. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Who is the biggest ned in Scottish football management (aside from Mick Kennedy)?

Imrie gives chino’s a bad name. And I’m well aware of the gravity of that statement.