The New Raith Rovers Thread

I thought Barrowman came across well TBH.

I was as shocked as anyone but the more I’ve been thinking about it I can absolutely see why the decision has been made. If it was a case of they were getting near to pulling the trigger then the game against Airdrie would defo tip them over the edge. 1 (long range) shot on target and no identity of style is unacceptable. The long and short of it is the standard of play has regressed over last few months. Saturday was as clueless performance as you could wish to see.

Do feel for Murray however and thank him for an excellent season and how he conducted himself whilst at the club. 

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

He talks of research on the new manager having been done. 

You wouldn't be doing research if it was someone internal, would you? 

Announce Klopp / Moyes / Lennon/ Mixu

Smoke n mirrors, mind you if it's one of them I'd be extremely happy

Well that was pretty interesting, Barrowman really doubled down on it being nothing more than what was stated and assured everyone Ian Murray will back that up so probably no grand conspiracy, I’ll take my tinfoil hat off. Certainly sounds like they’ve got a very short list ready to go but have had sone contact from others (no means no Yogi). Right decision or wrong I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough but must have bern a shock for Murray and the players as much as everyone else. I’ll give the board the benefit of the doubt as most of what they’ve done so far has been positive for the club and I do like the desire to be transparent with their customers.  

I said before I thought Airdrie game was him getting the benefit of the doubt. I think Barrowman confirmed that.

IM should have known how to play Airdrie by now, so when we turn in a tired, shot shy and weak performance and get the same old result, the benefit expired.

I don't think it would surprise anyone that a lot of the guys Murray brought in would be upset by this, but this sort of thing happens all the time in the game so they'll just need to suck it up and get on with it. If they can't then I'm sure we'll move them on at the first opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It's football people want to know why decisions are made at any club  whatever the reasons are. 

So what fans want to know is more important than protecting the private affairs of Ian Murray? 

Can't fault this interview at all.

I actually think he worked well at protecting IM character, I still believe there was more to this but respect that this is why the decision was made.

I do think they are extremely diligent in how they future proof the club with touting managers way in advance. They want to be successful and isn't this what every supporter wants?

I thank Ian for his hard work and he really helped stabilize the team but that's not kid ourselves it was a job and he would have left at some point to another team 100%

Well done Andrew for a insightful interview 

I do feel much more confident we’re not getting some jobber off the usual list.

The guys leading the club aren’t daft and they’ve not potted Murray to employe - McCall, some guy who fails in Ireland etc 

17 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

If they’ve had a new manager in the pipeline for a while, keeping him over the summer, through pre-season and the league cup group stages - only to boot him after one league game - looks even more baffling tbh.

Football moves pretty quickly, which Barrowman states in the interview a few times. Clearly they were a bit concerned at our performances in the second half of last season. That would have potentially got the ball rolling in terms of looking to see if someone else could take us forward. He rightly states that we could have lost Murray twice (either to Dundee or Hibernian) of course that’s when Murray’s stock was a wee bit higher. But whether he left us at those points or indeed now left us, the structure of the club remains the same. Which is pretty important. 

But he did say they were willing to give Murray a shot this season after the back of our overall finish and being 2 games from the Premiership.

Reiterates it wasn’t game one, but in fact, the full pre-season schedule and premier sports cup games. Airdrie on Saturday was game 8 of the new season and these performances coinciding with their feelings that they got during the second half of last season has made their mind up to punt him. 

Thats what I got from the interview anyway. Every decision that the new board has made has benefitted the club. He admits that time will tell if they’ve made the correct decision this time, but obviously he’s going to say that….

Edited as I used “potential” and “potentially” 3 times in one sentence. 🤣

Edited by Wardy

13 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

I don’t think Barrowman came across too badly. Never said anything outrageous and it’s pretty obvious players will be shocked. They’ll have loyalty towards Murray. 

It’s clear that they are quite far along the road in terms of appointment so it’s been ongoing for a little while. 

Agree thought he came across well

Agree,thought he came across well and not sure what some were expecting to or wanting him to sat

Edited by Rovers_Lad

19 minutes ago, TheLangToon said:

The mention that “a lot of work has already been done” and the ‘clarity’ about the shortlist for the new manager suggest that the decision to sack Murray was likely made well before Sat’s game. 

So your saying it’s f**king Fordyce??

If the decision was made long ago then why wait until now? Surely the board didn’t lose faith in him after the playoffs, let him add players to the group and then sack him after a bad start? 

Maybe I’m doing Raith a disservice but I don’t think there’s any way you can slice this that makes them look good in this situation. Either they’ve panicked and reacted quickly to results or they’ve delayed a pretty big decision when it could’ve been taken months ago? Will be interesting to see how this plays out though. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

If the decision was made long ago then why wait until now? Surely the board didn’t lose faith in him after the playoffs, let him add players to the group and then sack him after a bad start? 

Maybe I’m doing Raith a disservice but I don’t think there’s any way you can slice this that makes them look good in this situation. Either they’ve panicked and reacted quickly to results or they’ve delayed a pretty big decision when it could’ve been taken months ago? Will be interesting to see how this plays out though. 

The answers to all your questions are in the interview.