The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Where has Scott Brown come from at 4/1 

I love how they’ve had to clarify that it’s not the Scott Brown that currently plays for Raith. 

You’ll have some punters throwing money on Brown because he comes from that neck of the woods but there’s literally nothing else to suggest that Raith would be interested in him. 

4 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

1. If you're not a Raith fan then you haven't been watching that absolute turgid crap we have for over a year. 

f**king, whit? 

5 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

f**king, whit? 

Aye, Pars lost five times to turgid crap (a cunning change from turgid pish).

When Dundee United got beat twice that was also rubbish.

When we finished second that was a blow. To be fair, we did pretty much throw away our best chance to win the league since 2010-11 season.

When we got to the Premiership play-off final for the first time ever that was shite. Admittedly we lost, when the aim was to win.

It does come across as ‘we deserve better’ fan patter. 

26 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Severe lack of ITK posters in this thread imo. If this was the Airdrie thread everyone and their grannie would be posting about seeing Sam Allardyce in Starbucks at the ground. What’s going on?

Some will know but probably aren't bothered about appearing 'itk'. 

9 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Makes me think that it’s someone not managing another club and that its someone the board are familiar with. If it was someone like McCabe, we would have needed to ask for permission to speak to him etc and it would have been leaked by now…. Might still happen but that’s not in keeping with ‘we know who we want and are already in the process of trying to appoint’.

39 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

This constant crap on here, I'm shocked, it's a risk, a gamble, crazy, he took you within touching distance of the SPL. 

1. If you're not a Raith fan then you haven't been watching that absolute turgid crap we have for over a year. 

2. He was a one trick pony who had no plan B, as proved against Airdrie. 

3. He kept playing players out of position and with Corr decided to play him in the playoffs when he wasn't deemed good enough during the season??

4. The whole stuff with Millen. Truth has never been divulged.

5. He has had the biggest budget of any Raith manager and hasn't recruited great in my eyes, especially over the summer. 

6. Blamed players fitness after the Airdrie defeat. It's his job to get them fit. Absolute shocker of an excuse. 

7. Clearly is unable to get the best out of players as Easton, Stanton, Byrne, Hamilton the list goes on, have not produced anything of real note since last year. 

The board were wrong for giving him a 3 year contract which I voiced at the time. Results were terrible for months after that announcement. We werent even playing great before then, it was Murrayball that was getting us results. Once or twice fine but every game nearly it was being done. No convincing wins other that Arbroath at the end of the season. It's the correct decision but should have happened after the convincing County defeat. 

Who cares? We know enough to know there was a disagreement that Millen didn't feature again. It's irrelevant now.

20 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

When we finished second that was a blow. To be fair, we did pretty much throw away our best chance to win the league since 2010-11 season.

When we got to the Premiership play-off final for the first time ever that was shite. Admittedly we lost, when the aim was to win.

Fully agree.

14 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I say this as someone not itk: you're absolutely right. Why would you go off talking to everyone on a Scottish football forum? You'd never get told anything in the future. 

1 hour ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

This constant crap on here, I'm shocked, it's a risk, a gamble, crazy, he took you within touching distance of the SPL. 

3. He kept playing players out of position and with Corr decided to play him in the playoffs when he wasn't deemed good enough during the season??

5. He has had the biggest budget of any Raith manager and hasn't recruited great in my eyes, especially over the summer. 

6. Blamed players fitness after the Airdrie defeat. It's his job to get them fit. Absolute shocker of an excuse. 

7. Clearly is unable to get the best out of players as Easton, Stanton, Byrne, Hamilton the list goes on, have not produced anything of real note since last year. 

The board were wrong for giving him a 3 year contract which I voiced at the time. Results were terrible for months after that announcement. We werent even playing great before then, it was Murrayball that was getting us results. Once or twice fine but every game nearly it was being done. No convincing wins other that Arbroath at the end of the season. It's the correct decision but should have happened after the convincing County defeat. 

Must've been difficult watching your best season in recent memory

31 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Fully agree.

I say this as someone not itk: you're absolutely right. Why would you go off talking to everyone on a Scottish football forum? You'd never get told anything in the future. 

Personally, I'd rather not know anything. 

Takes away the excitement of checking the socials, P&B etc.

1 hour ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Severe lack of ITK posters in this thread imo. If this was the Airdrie thread everyone and their grannie would be posting about seeing Sam Allardyce in Starbucks at the ground. What’s going on?

Rhys McCabe was in the McDonald’s this morning at Kirkcaldy retail park getting a coffee before going to meet his new players today 😂👍🏻 ps I’m ITK cause I served him , he is getting a free valentes chippy every Friday, that sealed the deal for us 

Edited by Been going too long

9 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Rhys McCabe was in the McDonald’s this morning at Kirkcaldy retail park getting a coffee before going to meet his new players today 😂👍🏻 ps I’m ITK cause I served him , he is getting a free valentes chippy every Friday, that sealed the deal for us 

Disgusting behaviour that he wasn’t getting a meal deal from Stuarts. No way he should get the job.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

It happens. The previous season, Ayr were f**king garbage for the most part, with two of the worst fullbacks in the league, little in the way of tactics beyond hitting it as hard as they could into the opposition box, couldn't buy a home win, and finishing second instead of fifth (when they'd been top on the morning of Halloween) was a matter of a single late Mark McKenzie goal in Inverness. But finish second they did, pretty much entirely due to the sheer obnoxious goodness of Dipo Akinyemi. By the time Bullen organised a sing-song in the club bar to celebrate his 7-0 playoff defeat most of the fanbase wanted rid. Plenty of fans of other clubs suggested this was entitled madness because they were lacking any other real context except "finished second".

22 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Personally, I'd rather not know anything. 

Takes away the excitement of checking the socials, P&B etc.

Definitely. Can imagine it's tough with the likes of Raith TV when you prep an announcement video only for someone to blab. That's why the announcements of Byrne and Easton felt that bit extra special. 

1 hour ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

This sums it up, thank you for bringing some sense to all of this, a breath of fresh air really!!......oh aye.....ah still think it will be....tam courts!!!...However. one is not itk!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

Where has Scott Brown come from at 4/1 

Probably a couple of random punters sticking on a tenner each.

It doesn't take much to move these markets quite substantially.

10 hours ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

I can't but help declare that this is a total shambles, despite the "it'll be okay" attitude from the Barrowman disciples. 

I mean what a gamble you have taken on firing a manager who's taken you within 180 minutes of promotion to the SPL - one league game into the new season. It's almost unheard of.

Closest I can think of is Bowyer at Dundee, but they at least jottered him before he was given a pre season to plan for the future or, as of your case, sign aging jobbers on 2/3 year contracts. I just can't fathom how the club think they can suddenly upgrade on Murray, unless they have sheer arrogant disregard for the competition they will have this season.

If yous appoint Courts/Potter/Thomson it would appear nothing more than a 'jobs for the boys" case. And nepotism has never worked at this level of football.

You are correct.....that is why McCabe is in the frame...............

3 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Simplified, we've sacked a manager who wasn't getting much of a tune out of a good squad. 

This has been done in enough time to give our new manager a good bit of the transfer window. 

The board made a decision with the 3yr deal and then decided that it wasn't working and did something about it. 

SPOT ON!!

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Probably a couple of random punters sticking on a tenner each.

It doesn't take much to move these markets quite substantially.

People genuinely think McBookie is some sort of scientific endeavour. It's a website that frees degenerate gamblers of their money. Short odds on unlikely candidates is a godsend for them.