The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Rhys McCabe's last game in charge of Airdrie is reminiscent of Frank Connor's last game in charge of Rovers.

Just wondering who's going to play the Stuart Romaines role and land a beauty of a right hook smack on someone's pus.

Given how raging he looks about everything, i wouldn’t bet against it being their right back that just gave away the penalty.

McCabe, Brown Leven, Levein, Lennon etc etc all absolute shite, if the board offer any of them the job they are proving to be the 2nd division wannabes everyone thought they were.

If the board really want to make a statement and go up this season, they need to appoint a manager with a decent track record and experience that goes beyond fekin weegie land.

Lets see how much they really want success, because this appointment will be a line in the sand, and upwards should be the only option.

Money where their mouth is time

On 06/08/2024 at 17:22, thediamonddude said:

when Rhys says he thinks he can win the league with us, the guy means it. That’s the belief, confidence and trust he’s built in that squad. 

Guessing Rhys was helluva pished when he said this? 

2 minutes ago, lgb61 said:

McCabe, Brown Leven, Levein, Lennon etc etc all absolute shite, if the board offer any of them the job they are proving to be the 2nd division wannabes everyone thought they were.

If the board really want to make a statement and go up this season, they need to appoint a manager with a decent track record and experience that goes beyond fekin weegie land.

Lets see how much they really want success, because this appointment will be a line in the sand, and upwards should be the only option.

Money where their mouth is time

Who would you suggest?

Just now, Stardog_champion said:

I think we’re going to be in big trouble this season, couldn’t lay a glove on Airdrie last week and look at them now holy sheeeiitttt

Never mind Airdrie,  look at Ayr even Falkirk 

1 minute ago, Stardog_champion said:

I think we’re going to be in big trouble this season, couldn’t lay a glove on Airdrie last week and look at them now holy sheeeiitttt

Not like you to panic? 🤣

13 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

On the flip side we did win both games at Somerset last season.

19 minutes ago, lgb61 said:

Hiya next Saturday 24 August, hiya pal!

Expecting Thistle to f**king do us tomorrow: squad is decimated with injury, managerless and coming off the back of a really crap defeat.

After that, the hope has to be that we get someone in early next week, that they arent an idiot and they can get a couple of important signings in the door, as well as getting Brown and Hanlon back from injury, getting Vaughan match fit and findong Stanton's form again.

42 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Who would you suggest?

Something different for a change and I'm not talking Anelka different, more Calderon different. Someone outside of the Scottish football bubble, a bit left field, Scandinavien perhaps. I don't have anyone specific in mind, I just know I don't want the same old shite and want someone to come in and give us a team to support and be proud of.

Probably asking too much, let's see how much this means to the board and what they are willing to spend on a manager that can lead us to promotion.

You can spend millions on players but if you put a cliche in charge, you end up with a cliched team battling against relegation year in year out.

Would bite your hand off for a point tomorrow all things considered. Then we have 2 weeks to sort ourselves out before another challenging game.

13 minutes ago, bagpuss said:

Would bite your hand off for a point tomorrow all things considered. Then we have 2 weeks to sort ourselves out before another challenging game.

Still to get past Kirkcaldy & Dysart on Tuesday mind 🙄

3 hours ago, lgb61 said:

Something different for a change and I'm not talking Anelka different, more Calderon different. Someone outside of the Scottish football bubble, a bit left field, Scandinavien perhaps. I don't have anyone specific in mind, I just know I don't want the same old shite and want someone to come in and give us a team to support and be proud of.

Probably asking too much, let's see how much this means to the board and what they are willing to spend on a manager that can lead us to promotion.

You can spend millions on players but if you put a cliche in charge, you end up with a cliched team battling against relegation year in year out.

Could argue Murray gave us a team to be proud of last season tbh. But in escence what you're saying is you want a successful manager rather than an unsuccessful one? What a really insightful post. 

6 hours ago, grumswall said:

Could argue Murray gave us a team to be proud of last season tbh. But in escence what you're saying is you want a successful manager rather than an unsuccessful one? What a really insightful post. 

Aye, really proud of the way they capitulated at Gayfield just to give you one example. Sorry that was petty, but Murray didn't seem to be able to put a nuanced plan B or C in place when needed so the new manager has to be someone who has that about them.

And, in essence, what I was saying is I don't want the same old shite, actually I did say that. I also said I don't want a cliche, the lists of possibles being banded about are exactly that.

Success is relative anyway. Guardiola has been successful because he is a good manager with unlimited resources, but there will be other good managers out there who don't have those resources but have brought success to their clubs, perhaps getting a team nailed on for relegation to mid table safety a couple of seasons running on absolute shoestring budgets. He also needs to be willing to work within the set up Potter & co have created.

23 minutes ago, lgb61 said:

Aye, really proud of the way they capitulated at Gayfield just to give you one example. Sorry that was petty, but Murray didn't seem to be able to put a nuanced plan B or C in place when needed so the new manager has to be someone who has that about them.

And, in essence, what I was saying is I don't want the same old shite, actually I did say that. I also said I don't want a cliche, the lists of possibles being banded about are exactly that.

Success is relative anyway. Guardiola has been successful because he is a good manager with unlimited resources, but there will be other good managers out there who don't have those resources but have brought success to their clubs, perhaps getting a team nailed on for relegation to mid table safety a couple of seasons running on absolute shoestring budgets. He also needs to be willing to work within the set up Potter & co have created.

Not asking for much then?

Just a ‘left field’ appointment, with a ‘proven track record’, who’s willing to ‘work within the setup’.

You’ll not be alone in struggling to think of anyone specific there.