The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 minutes ago, Starksdynamo said:

Losing out on Megwa is shite, really thought the Hibs connection we had would've tempted him to come here. 

Yes.  However we sacked our biggest Hibs connection Starksdynamo.

It could be players just do not want to come here anymore with all the negative publicity and team playing shite and it would appear, more chance of being injured??

1 minute ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Yes.  However we sacked our biggest Hibs connection Starksdynamo.

It could be players just do not want to come here anymore with all the negative publicity and team playing shite and it would appear, more chance of being injured??

When did we sack the two players who played hundreds of combined games at Hibs with the current Hibs manager? 

Anyway, shite to lose out on Megwa who was a solution to our issues. I don't doubt that we've tried and it certainly won't be lack of effort that he's not come to Starks. 

Very hard to say who we go for now. And whether it's a new signing or Freeman, there'll be natural comparisons with Megwa. 

2 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I'll be honest, I was pinning my hopes on Kanayo Megwa filling our reasonably big gap at right back. 

If that isn't the case ,then I'd be keen to see how those in charge of recruitment are thinking about solving it. 

I do wonder if it'll be similar to Healy in that we'll be set back before we move on any other targets. 

8 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I'll be honest, I was pinning my hopes on Kanayo Megwa filling our reasonably big gap at right back. 

If that isn't the case ,then I'd be keen to see how those in charge of recruitment are thinking about solving it. 

Aye, if only it was the only glaring issue as well. 

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

When did we sack the two players who played hundreds of combined games at Hibs with the current Hibs manager? 

Anyway, shite to lose out on Megwa who was a solution to our issues. I don't doubt that we've tried and it certainly won't be lack of effort that he's not come to Starks. 

Very hard to say who we go for now. And whether it's a new signing or Freeman, there'll be natural comparisons with Megwa. 

Come on Broken Algorithms.  Ian Murray would have had more important contacts at Hibs and therefore would have been a far bigger influence in bringing Megwa to the Rovers than Stevenson and Hanlon?

11 minutes ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Come on Broken Algorithms.  Ian Murray would have had more important contacts at Hibs and therefore would have been a far bigger influence in bringing Megwa to the Rovers than Stevenson and Hanlon?

Ian Murray left Hibernian in 2012, how exactly would he have been able to get us players on loan? 

The ship is lilting very strongly to the one side. While everything fell into place last season the limitations of the board and recruitment appear to be being exposed. 

They may have the answers (I hope they do) but the Megwa deal seems characteristic of our standing and pulling power.

Tiny squad, missing out or not identifying key targets it's a season that has "let's shake hands on 8th" written all over it. 

A midfielder at CH or RWB and there will be mutiny if we don't win Saturday. Failure to act this week gives the manager a mountain to climb via the boards "keep calm and carry on message"

Can only hope that Collins knows of players that are available, I cant fathom why theres been no movement by Potter and the board as to what's glaringly needed on the park, it's alright doing all the tarting up of the grand old lady making it fit for a Premier league, but it's not going to be generating much cash if we fall out of the one we're in.

Megwa was a very obvious candidate for that right back role, which we are currently favouring midfielders in.

It’s quite clear what the team are needing, and were told the recruitment has never stopped…

Just wish we’d stop farting about and get stuff done. 

33 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Can only hope that Collins knows of players that are available, I cant fathom why theres been no movement by Potter and the board as to what's glaringly needed on the park, it's alright doing all the tarting up of the grand old lady making it fit for a Premier league, but it's not going to be generating much cash if we fall out of the one we're in.

How do you know there has been no movement? There has been no completed deals, but thats not the same thing. 

Also what happens off the pitch with the stadium will put us in better stead regardless of what happens on the pitch because the facilities will be able to bring in revenue outside of football days too. 

14 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

How do you know there has been no movement? There has been no completed deals, but thats not the same thing. 

Also what happens off the pitch with the stadium will put us in better stead regardless of what happens on the pitch because the facilities will be able to bring in revenue outside of football days too. 

I'm not sure we can give the recruitment team an easy ride when we've had an issue at right back since February, and we've also been unable to create any chances since approximately that time too, and not done anything to rectify it. 

17 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Couldn’t disagree more.

Current squad, repeated injuries and competitive nature of the division means relegation is genuine threat to a few clubs, us being one of them.

No amount of renting out the astroturf will compensate for home games against Pars, Falkirk and Partick being replaced with Stenny, Montrose and Kelty. We’d be back down to 1800 crowds in a flash. 

The board simply must find capable new recruits, not only because they’re absolutely required but to add a freshness to a low confidence team.

Collins needs to find a solution and the players need to ramp up their work rate and avoid the stupid reds. 

Frustrating to miss out on Megwa, for sure. Not half as frustrating as the notion that the lack of balance in the squad has been obvious for virtually the entirety of 2024 & hasn’t been addressed.

Right back, a ‘different’ type of striker to Hamilton & someone with pace in the midfield/wide areas. It’s not about having specific players in mind either - I’m a fan, I’m not paid to engage in the recruitment process.

The board have opened themselves up to legitimate criticisms on this & it’ll only get worse should the poor form continue over the next fortnight or so.

22 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Couldn’t disagree more.

Current squad, repeated injuries and competitive nature of the division means relegation is genuine threat to a few clubs, us being one of them.

No amount of renting out the astroturf will compensate for home games against Pars, Falkirk and Partick being replaced with Stenny, Montrose and Kelty. We’d be back down to 1800 crowds in a flash. 

The board simply must find capable new recruits, not only because they’re absolutely required but to add a freshness to a low confidence team.

Collins needs to find a solution and the players need to ramp up their work rate and avoid the stupid reds. 

Right, but its 5 games into the f**king season, there are 93 points still to play for (31 games) and plenty of time. Talk and panic around relegation is madness.  Are things looking bad, sure, but there is plenty of time to rectify that still. New manager needs time to evaluate the squad and work on a defined system.

The club can focus on two fronts at the same time independently, its not focusing on one by neglecting the other. People greeting about the club putting out content about the off-field developments (especially after so many people asking about the cladding holdups etc) when we're doing poorly on the pitch are the same sort of clowns that complain when players are seen with a smile or out at an event after a defeat. Some can't seem to understand that many things can go on in parallel. 

Do people really think that the board are taking previously assigned money away from the playing budget to get a room decorated? 

Edited by CountryBumpkin

8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Right, but its 5 games into the f**king season, there are 93 points still to play for (31 games) and plenty of time. Talk and panic around relegation is madness.  Are things looking bad, sure, but there is plenty of time to rectify that still. New manager needs time to evaluate the squad and work on a defined system.

The club can focus on two fronts at the same time independently, its not focusing on one by neglecting the other. People greeting about the club putting out content about the off-field developments (especially after so many people asking about the cladding holdups etc) when we're doing poorly on the pitch are the same sort of clowns that complain when players are seen with a smile or out at an event after a defeat. Some can't seem to understand that many things can go on in parallel. 

Do people really think that the board are taking previously assigned money away from the playing budget to get a room decorated? 

Well said

49 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

No completed deals, no movement, whatever way you want to dress it up, the clock is ticking,