The New Raith Rovers Thread

37 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

A lot of folk talking up the fact three goals were scored, from open play, yesterday. Rightly so, I guess. However, there’s a pretty unavoidable caveat that they were against the (on paper) weakest team in the division.

I said to my mate early on in the second half that Hamilton looked every bit a team who’ve come up via the League One playoffs. They were rotten for much of the game.

Which then leads to the glaring point that we also conceded three goals against said weakest team in the division.

We are so criminally soft defensively at the moment. The team, generally looks devoid of confidence &, when under pressure, bereft of ideas. They were gifted a wild penalty shout but Hamilton still managed to take away a point having been two goals down. I dread to think what Falkirk might make of a performance like that next week. This is a side in big trouble & I think it’s far too simplistic to blame the injuries, though that’s obviously a fairly sizeable barrier at the moment.

Agree with this. Last season we were winning games we shouldn't have won but this season we can't even win the ones we should be winning. 

When a side can't win the matches they've played 'well' in, as we've contrived to do in the last 2 home matches,  that's usually a sign they're in for a long hard season. 

53 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

It feels like, what pundits class as “when your down the bottom, they decisions go against you” 

This is why I'm struggling for optimism, despite what is undeniably an improvement on previous weeks. Too many things are going against us at the moment and we had more of them yesterday: the penalty, a Hamilton player kicking out and getting a yellow rather than a red and that offside as well by the looks of it. 

Of course, none of these things really impacted upon us chucking away a two goal lead when we were comfortable. A combination of a team with no confidence and substitutes that aren't as good as the players they replaced. It just feels like nothing is going right at the moment. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Wee Lloyd Wilson however from his viewpoint sees the ball move forward after the collision and therefore assumes that it was touched by Shaw and can't see Kev get to it. 

This in a nutshell

One of the first things referees are told is don't guess and don't assume - unless you see it clearly and you're sure, you can't give it.

One of my pals from Dumfries knows Wilson from his days refereeing in the amateurs down there and says he's a thoroughly arrogant, detestable little p***k.

41 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

This in a nutshell

One of the first things referees are told is don't guess and don't assume - unless you see it clearly and you're sure, you can't give it.

One of my pals from Dumfries knows Wilson from his days refereeing in the amateurs down there and says he's a thoroughly arrogant, detestable little p***k.

Every single referee we’ve had this season also falls into that category. Unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

This in a nutshell

I used to referee in the Glasgow area for a few years. Every single SPFL-level referee I met was an utterly arogant p***k. Some sound assistant referees at that level mind.