The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Glasgow v Edinburgh rugby has been confirmed for Sunday 22nd December at Hampden so I’d say there is a good chance our game gets bumped to the Friday night to allow Saturday for pitch changes etc 

🤮

Confirmed our game has been moved to the Friday 

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/fixture-update-queens-park-v-raith-rovers/

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

You have to feel sorry for Matthews. Hardly any tickets have been sold thus far.

I appreciate these things are hard to organise but a Sat in pre season and you would be looking at thousands of away fans.

Still a massive improvement on McGurn and Davo getting games after they left.

48 minutes ago, Raith2711 said:

I appreciate these things are hard to organise but a Sat in pre season and you would be looking at thousands of away fans.

Not really feasible due to the league Cup format these days I wouldn't think. 

15 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Not really feasible due to the league Cup format these days I wouldn't think. 

That and Hearts Euro prep/qualification.

I think even if people aren't going, buy a ticket or pay for the stream, the lad has spent 12 years here, through some of the bad times as well as the good. He's a good lad too. 

1 hour ago, Raith2711 said:

The McGurn Testimonial was really low, probably not helped by there effectively being no away fans due to it being a Raith Legends teams as the oppostion.

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

That and Hearts Euro prep/qualification.

I think even if people aren't going, buy a ticket or pay for the stream, the lad has spent 12 years here, through some of the bad times as well as the good. He's a good lad too. 

I wonder if he would rather have had his beloved Hearts in a midweek game with a poor attendance or a different team in one of the pre season friendlies with a decent attendance? I can’t help but think the people organising these have sold both him and Vaughan short with the dates. Lewis’s was a damp squib too.

5 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I wonder if he would rather have had his beloved Hearts in a midweek game with a poor attendance or a different team in one of the pre season friendlies with a decent attendance? I can’t help but think the people organising these have sold both him and Vaughan short with the dates. Lewis’s was a damp squib too.

Possibly, not expecting much from the away side, they don't care, nor do their fans about games like this. Its the lack of Rovers fans going down thats disappointing. Financial implications aside, there will be those not going because the club are on a poor run of form, thats a pish excuse.