The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, Rover1883 said:

Is it to early to be calling for the board to piss off don't get me wrong they have done an amazing job of the ground but truthfully couldn't give a f**k what our laundry room looks like it could be a bucket of hot water for all I care the only thing that matter at the end of the day is the end result on a Saturday and the decision to get rid of Murray was clearly the wrong one. SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE. 

On the pitch progress isn't linear to off the pitch progress unfortunately. The board have put in a power of work to improve the club. 

Murray is gone and our style of play going into the season was middling during the latter stages of last season, and even worse at the start of this one. It isn't the boards fault that we've seen a rotten start to the season and there was nothing to suggest the football under Murray was going to get any better. 

22 minutes ago, Rover1883 said:

Is it to early to be calling for the board to piss off don't get me wrong they have done an amazing job of the ground but truthfully couldn't give a f**k what our laundry room looks like it could be a bucket of hot water for all I care the only thing that matter at the end of the day is the end result on a Saturday and the decision to get rid of Murray was clearly the wrong one. SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE. 

These improvements to things like the laundry room aren't meant for you, you're not the target audience or important here. While you'd be happy with a bucket of hot water, if you were a player at the club or having to utilise these facilities, you'd not be happy. 

The club are clearly going down the well trodden path of providing a good working environment will improve the working output, as well as looking to maximise revenues where they can, all of which helps the club survive and ideally thrive. 

Something perhaps does need to change, for me its the overall recruitment philosophy. Ideally we should be looking to sign boys that are 21-26 that are hitting their prime years while still coachable on new things and able to be sold on. Don't get me wrong, the experienced lads we've brought in have strengthened us now, but they won't get any better, if anything they're already declining, plus for every Paul Hanlon there are just as many, if not more Keith Watsons.

I think the summer defensive recruitment was fine, and a necessary upgrade on what we had, but we desperately needed goal scorers and didn't sign anyone. We relied on moments of brilliance last season and it was unlikely Stanton would be able to replicate that many good performances, never mind Vaughan given his injury history.

I don't think last season was a fluke (for every late winner there were simple things we could have done better, like game management when two goals up v Arbroath) We finished 2nd with a decent gap to third, but I agree with @renton that Murrayball was unorthodox and teams found us difficult to play against. They figured us out and we also became more defensive and pragmatic over the season.

If the boards assertion was that Murray wasn't getting the best out of the squad they should have let him go in the summer.

if the squad isn't good enough and there are no good strikers to be had, we should have kept Murray in the dugout and be in, at worst case, a similar position to now but without spunking cash on a managerial change.

Been to 11 games this season, streamed a couple more, and listened to another, in the main its been so frustrating and dissapointing. We've played some nice stuff at times but with zero threat. 

Can anyone give me a good reason to spend £24 going to Livi next Sat ? (Probably f**king solo too as the chances of convincing anyone else to go are slim to nil) 

15 hours ago, FitbaSupporter said:

LLDWLD

Don’t you just love a new manager bounce? 

His interviews are a difficult listen. Not because of the content but his voice is just weird. He sounds like he is constantly out of breath and the sound just goes through you 

9 minutes ago, westcoastrover said:

Sorry to go off topic, is Kieran Bowie injured, don't see him in Hibs squad, if not .....yes please to loan deal 

He did his hamstring playing for Scotland.  Hibs were taking their time easing him as he's had hamstring issues.  Scotland U21s played him in two games in 5 days and he got injured.  Out for about four months.

Edited by SanStarko

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

On the pitch progress isn't linear to off the pitch progress unfortunately. The board have put in a power of work to improve the club. 

Murray is gone and our style of play going into the season was middling during the latter stages of last season, and even worse at the start of this one. It isn't the boards fault that we've seen a rotten start to the season and there was nothing to suggest the football under Murray was going to get any better. 

Agree with most of what you’re saying and anyone calling for the Board to go is just daft, but while the rotten start to the season isn’t the direct fault of the Board, they have played a role in it. Letting Murray build a squad over the summer then sacking him wasn’t the smartest idea. Also sacking him one game in regardless of whether it proves the right or wrong decision just looked bad from the outside and put the club in a bad light. Then the dithering over a replacement and the fact that the new guy hasn’t exactly set the heather on fire with only one win in his first six games. Hard to argue that none of these decisions haven’t had an impact on players, fans and just how poor we’ve been in the first quarter. The Board is accountable for all of those decisions. 

We’ll never know how a season with Murray in charge would have turned out. Think there was probably always going to be a come down from falling short last season. Main thing is that Collins starts finding a way to get results. If he doesn’t it’s going to be a long hard season. 

46 minutes ago, BPM said:

His interviews are a difficult listen. Not because of the content but his voice is just weird. He sounds like he is constantly out of breath and the sound just goes through you 

I can only imagine the comments if Sean Dyche was our manager.

16 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Apparently Collins wasn’t happy with the ball boys lack of urgency and organisation and wanted someone else in charge. 

Maybe Collins needs to concentrate on the lack of urgency in the team more than having a go at the ball boys FFS. Hopefully Barrowman, Potter and Collins have identified players for January. Because if not we’ll be going down. 

10 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Maybe Collins needs to concentrate on the lack of urgency in the team more than having a go at the ball boys FFS. Hopefully Barrowman, Potter and Collins have identified players for January. Because if not we’ll be going down. 

Absolutely don't see us going down but it will be a big window for us in January.

Chasing 4th and it will become a bun fight and an agents dream. Picking up the feeling Collins knows he needs additions and views some of the squad as weak. 

First thing first get Dabo tied down if he is willing. He's going ti catch the eye. 

28 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

No one is having a go at the ball boys, f**king hell. The goal is to get them to get the ball back in play quicker, which will help us continue to press with the ball. 

If you watched yesterday's game and thought there was a lack of urgency, I don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong, as per f**king usual. 

20 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Absolutely don't see us going down but it will be a big window for us in January.

Chasing 4th and it will become a bun fight and an agents dream. Picking up the feeling Collins knows he needs additions and views some of the squad as weak. 

First thing first get Dabo tied down if he is willing. He's going ti catch the eye. 

We have a vastly different view of things, as of right now I haven’t seen  anything to suggest we’ll escape the relegation zone. We must be an absolute dream to play against. I do agree that Dabo must be one of our main targets. I fear Ayr, Falkirk or Partick will be sniffing around. I don’t even watch Collins interviews, it’s the same old tropes and footballing cliches we’ve heard for years. I do agree that the January window is where Collins will be judged, and hopefully the players he see’s as the weak link are shipped out and not continue to stifle the squad. Just my opinion. 

Edited by Stardog_champion

8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

No one is having a go at the ball boys, f**king hell. The goal is to get them to get the ball back in play quicker, which will help us continue to press with the ball. 

If you watched yesterday's game and thought there was a lack of urgency, I don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong, as per f**king usual. 

Yea 8 points from a possible 27 and I’m “wrong as f**king usual” 🤣🤣🤣

I can see the view that we can go on a run and challenge for 4th... I went to Greenock hoping we might have turned a corner and be able to string together a few wins. 

However the lack of goals and failure to get 3 points, despite dominating big chunks of the game like yesterday, points more to us having to scrap for every point and ending up 8th or 9th.

21 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

We must be an absolute dream to play against.  

I don't think QP would agree with that in the first half yesterday.  Their players were getting pressed, harried and at times just clattered resulting in them making mistakes and giving the ball away, or just humping it up the park to nobody.  It was clearly part of the gameplay as there was a spell where we were on top and during that spell we started pressing even more and much higher up the pitch.  But, as somebody else has mentioned, Byrne and Brown getting booked kinda killed that in the second half.  Was really surprised that when Brown got booked that Collins didn't look to bring off one of Byrne or Brown and replace them with Matthews., as he could have stepped into that same role with no issues.  Just seemed strange leaving on your two DMs at that point when both are on bookings so can't get stuck in and are having to be careful.  

In terms of where we'll finish, for me this season is starting to have the vibes of one where everybody keeps saying the squad is too good to keep struggling and it'll turn around, and they're still saying it right up to the end of the season when we're battling to not finish in the bottom two.

2 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

I don't think QP would agree with that in the first half yesterday.  Their players were getting pressed, harried and at times just clattered resulting in them making mistakes and giving the ball away, or just humping it up the park to nobody.  It was clearly part of the gameplay as there was a spell where we were on top and during that spell we started pressing even more and much higher up the pitch.  But, as somebody else has mentioned, Byrne and Brown getting booked kinda killed that in the second half.  Was really surprised that when Brown got booked that Collins didn't look to bring off one of Byrne or Brown and replace them with Matthews., as he could have stepped into that same role with no issues.  Just seemed strange leaving on your two DMs at that point when both are on bookings so can't get stuck in and are having to be careful.  

In terms of where we'll finish, for me this season is starting to have the vibes of one where everybody keeps saying the squad is too good to keep struggling and it'll turn around, and they're still saying it right up to the end of the season when we're battling to not finish in the bottom two.

I know, that first half was how we should be playing the game. The bookings stifled how we approached the second half, Broony should’ve rightly been hooked to alleviate further sanctions. I just felt QP coming back into the game as we regressed yet again.