The New Raith Rovers Thread

"BOOOOOOO. BOOOOOOOOO. BOOOOOOOOO. BOOOOOOOOO.

F@#@ING CHANGE IT MURRAY. BOOOOOOO."

I know, weird we've went off the boil at home.

Maybe it's time to encourage instead it's certainly the case at the away games a lot more encouragement from the away support and it seems to be paying off decent performances the last 3 games and results against dundee and alloa

As for Murray I think eh gas the players Backing and just need the belief in themselves

The squad is far better than there league position shows

Home support weren't that bad. Only tine i can remember real vitriol was when we were 4-0 down to Hamilton, 100 % deserved too.

I agree with you considering the run we have been on the Home support have hardly been chanting for Murry's head or calling for the board to be sacked, yes there is the odd boo and calls for Murray to change things but the fans of many other clubs would have been far more vocal during the last few months.

I was exaggerating of course, however, it very often isn't the most positive of environments to play football, which presumably doesn't help encourage players to want to get on the ball more etc etc.

We were fairly good at home in the first few months though. Our rubbish run coincided with us having to play a huge amount of games away. Unfortunately that run continued once we came back to Stark's.

I suppose all things considered, 7 points from Morton, Dundee, Hamilton, Livi and Alloa isn't too bad. Surely 3 or 4 more points will all but guarantee our survival now.

Player of the year should probably be Moon, although a fit Watson or Elliot may have challenged that for me.

Saw this prize money stats in another thread. Underlines the importance of keeping playing right to end of season. The difference between say 5th and 8th is around 85k, the equivalents of having got another sky game

1: £386,248 (+£318,248)

2: £343,132 (+£276,132)

3: £300,016 (+£234,016)

4: £256,900 (+£191,900)

5: £240,731 (+£176,731)

6: £188,633 (+£126,633)

7: £172,464 (+£111,464)

8: £154,499 (+£94,499)

9: £138,331 (+£79,331)

10: £120,366 (+£63,366)

Were those figures not reliant on a sponsor being found for the league. There'll definitely still be plenty money and a proportionate difference between the places, but I'm not sure it'll be quite that much.

"BOOOOOOO. BOOOOOOOOO. BOOOOOOOOO. BOOOOOOOOO.

F@#@ING CHANGE IT MURRAY. BOOOOOOO."

I know, weird we've went off the boil at home.

But it's a chicken and egg thing. What sort of lobotomised semi-moron claps away happily and sings for some of the performances the team have been putting on.

But it's a chicken and egg thing. What sort of lobotomised semi-moron claps away happily and sings for some of the performances the team have been putting on.

Well one things for sure just about everyone acts positively to encouragement but not everyone to criticism

It's not like masses of fans are giving the team a hard time but I've been next to fans shouting obscenity at players which they can hear and I doubt it will boost there confidence

Well one things for sure just about everyone acts positively to encouragement but not everyone to criticism

It's not like masses of fans are giving the team a hard time but I've been next to fans shouting obscenity at players which they can hear and I doubt it will boost there confidence

If they can't handle it though, then they are in the wrong job I'm afraid. Not that I disagree with you, it must have an effect on some players.

Footballers need to be mentally strong, some can handle it, some can't. They still get paid at the end of the day. A lot more than the average punter as well.

On a similar theme, notice how few of the bams on Facebook post anything at all when we get a win but can't wait to criticise when we don't. Only happy when it rains...

I posted that it was a relief, which it was. And I posted on here on the match thread that we deserved the win. I just call it as I see it. I agree that some people are never happy though..

From my experience, the majority of fans neither sing or boo. The majority sit in silence, with the occasional clap for good play, and cheering reserved only for goals. Edited by Scary Bear

Just because you don't boo, doesn't make you a happy clapper.

I'm neither, I certainly wouldn't clap and cheer if we're playing dung, I'd just rather chat to the boys I'm with about it, as opposed to lobbing abuse at the players.

Fans can act however they like, but there's no way that heckling a team or player helps them along. It's quite obviously counter-productive.

Just because you don't boo, doesn't make you a happy clapper.

I'm neither, I certainly wouldn't clap and cheer if we're playing dung, I'd just rather chat to the boys I'm with about it, as opposed to lobbing abuse at the players.

Fans can act however they like, but there's no way that heckling a team or player helps them along. It's quite obviously counter-productive.

I didn't even boo them when they were 4-0 down to Accies at half-time. Likewise, I tend to just talk to my pals or check the Sky Sports app and see how my bets are doing. The excitement of watching Raith Rovers! Haud me back.

I can't remember the last time I lost the plot at the football. Probably about time I did it again, just so I remember how to do it. The ref is usually the target of my profanities.

If they can't handle it though, then they are in the wrong job I'm afraid. Not that I disagree with you, it must have an effect on some players.

Footballers need to be mentally strong, some can handle it, some can't. They still get paid at the end of the day. A lot more than the average punter as well.

Not sure about that, the part timers will be on around 250 -300 and full time maybe 450 to 600 depending .... wouldn't be enough for me to take personal abuse at wok without retaliation.

I heard that Celtic nation are on around 600 to 900 in the northern league all full time apparently

I think some supporters don't put things into perspective, they expect footballers playing at this level to be flawless but unfortunately that isn't tag case at any keel

Watch any game in the EPL and there's not a payer on the pitch that won't miss pass miss control of miss kick the ball and that on 50 to 200k a week

Then maybe it's fair to have so poke at them

Edited by Besty

Not sure about that, the part timers will be on around 250 -300 and full time maybe 450 to 600 depending .... wouldn't be enough for me to take personal abuse at wok without retaliation.

I heard that Celtic nation are on around 600 to 900 in the northern league all full time apparently

I think some supporters don't put things into perspective, they expect footballers playing at this level to be flawless but unfortunately that isn't tag case at any keel

Watch any game in the EPL and there's not a payer on the pitch that won't miss pass miss control of miss kick the ball and that on 50 to 200k a week

Then maybe it's fair to have so poke at them

Yeah everyone makes mistakes. People just get frustrated. Of course the money that they make is not world changing, but still is a bit more than the average worker on say £12k a year for example.

Plus playing football comes with that added pressure, and the fact you will get abused because of your performances. I'm not saying it's right, but I think the players know fine well that it will happen throughout their careers. All they have to do is get on with it.

I work in retail and I've had people shout at me about how our returns policy is pish and that I'm not doing my job right. It doesn't make me do my job any worse. The same would be if my manager came up to me and said "why were those things not out away, or why was such and such not done" I'm not going to suddenly perform worse...

It's all relative though.

Edited by Wardy

I've hardly been to any away games this season so I was a bit worried there. But I've just checked and it's sixteen games, plus a couple of pre-seasons, so I'm safe to come in.

Booth for player of the year, though I wouldn't argue with Moon.

I've never booed anyone at Raith. Not even refs or opponents. Never understood it.

Anyhow, we should be fine after all this season. The thing with relegation battles is it doesn't matter how terrible you are in some of the defeats so long as you manage to dredge up a couple of critical results from somewhere, it's not like promotion charges where you need consistency and a couple of bad games actually do screw you up. So while I understand the reactions to some of the performances, I think there's been a degree of over-reaction.

Some serious questions need asking before next season though. It's been a poor winter even if we do survive, and while I don't really believe in sacking managers just because of results, the board needs to satisfy itself that Murray has some ability to analyse what he and the squad have done wrong and has some plausible ideas for sorting it. I hope he's able to satisfy them on that point and they keep him on - and I think they probably will - but I'll defer to their judgement.

I was including the Sheffield United friendly in my 15 games. I'm giving the diddy cup final a miss now too. Won't break my 15 duck until the Dumbarton game. Do I achieve inner peace or something after 15 competitive games?

Edited by Scary Bear