The New Raith Rovers Thread

Of course the part time teams are a benchmark. If you finish below teams with much less resources than you its fucking massive failure.

Managers up and down the land get the boot and are branded clueless with much better form than ours.

When good players are underperforming that indicates a massive problem somewhere at our club. Failure to acknowledge that is just burying your head in the sand.

I'm certainly not burying my head in the sand. We're on a bad run, no doubt about it, but my initial comment on this was it being nowhere near as bad as some were making out.

Just because other clubs sack their boss at the drop of a hat in sheer desperation (Morton) doesn't mean it's the way to go for us. I stand by that.

Murray won't be sacked before the end of the season despite some of the ridiculous 'dreams' some have. Better that we realise this and get behind him and the team than barracking them.

My absolute wish is to be safe from relegation, and also for the management to be booted out of our club, the compensation might cripple us financially. But who gives a f**k, we can also free of those charlatans ruining this club. Replace the so called seasoned professionals and bring in talented part timers a la Dumbarton, Alloa players as they have more fight about than the shite we have just now. That is my dream.

:lol:

I'm certainly not burying my head in the sand. We're on a bad run, no doubt about it, but my initial comment on this was it being nowhere near as bad as some were making out.

Just because other clubs sack their boss at the drop of a hat in sheer desperation (Morton) doesn't mean it's the way to go for us. I stand by that.

Murray won't be sacked before the end of the season despite some of the ridiculous 'dreams' some have. Better that we realise this and get behind him and the team than barracking them.

Bar that leeds fellow, i think it really is as bad as everyone is making out.

I am struggling to remember a time when our form has been this bad - and i include Heatherston and Dalziel seasons into that.

We ended up with 16 points during the Anelka/Dalziel season. Then spent a good whack of the next season being pumped by teams in the third tier. We're nowhere near that level of ineptitude.

Yes we know we aren't as bad as this. I've already touched on that point!! The point I'm making is as to why we are in this situation with the players we have at our disposal?

I don't think I've experienced three 4-2 defeats from four league games for a long time. The defeat at Cowdenbeath was another disgraceful low point.

Like I said before, I still believe we will stay up. I just honestly thought we were going to have a better league campaign than what it's turned out to be. That isint really that much to ask, considering how we strengthened in the summer, and were in a decent position up until the end of November..

I'm disappointed with the campaign as well, and I think the squad should be a good bit further up the league than it currently is.

That said, this has pretty much been our level for all the time I've watched the Rovers, a mid-table second tier side that occasionally fluctuates between being slightly better than that, and being slightly worse.

As frustrating as this season has been, I wouldn't really single it out as being that much worse than a whole host of others over the last few decades.

According to Wikipedia he is. McGurn is listed as 6'1" and Robinson is listed as 5'11". Not sure if that's true but Robinson doesn't have much 'presence', that's for sure.

Maybe we could have a Max Clifford stylie measuring to confirm or deny this at the next home game.

I challenged Davie on this a year ago and suggested a back to back measurement.

I am 6' 1" and can assure you that he is at least two or three inches shorter than me.

As to how tall Robinson is? who knows.

Here's a stat for you.

Claude Anelka/Gordon Dalziel's side of 2004/5 did not record a run as bad as one victory in fourteen First Division matches.

Just let that sink in.

Edited by Paco

Here's a stat for you.

Claude Anelka/Gordon Dalziel's side of 2004/5 did not record a run as bad as one victory in fourteen First Division matches.

Just let that sink in.

I've almost blocked that whole debacle out of my mind but I'm almost convinced that season we were sitting with 1 win from 20+ games at one point.

I am 6' 1" and can assure you that he is at least two or three inches shorter than me.

Maybe you can suggest a back to back with Lee,

then take ten paces forward, turn around and shoot the cnut...

I've almost blocked that whole debacle out of my mind but I'm almost convinced that season we were sitting with 1 win from 20+ games at one point.

You;re not wrong, actually. I just looked at the wins coming on matchday 12, 21 and 28 (or similar) and deduced we couldn't have went 14 games with one win. What a fool.

Maybe I should pick the defence.

You;re not wrong, actually. I just looked at the wins coming on matchday 12, 21 and 28 (or similar) and deduced we couldn't have went 14 games with one win. What a fool.

Maybe I should pick the defence.

maybe u should be in defence and I'll go in goals with quinny at centre half

maybe u should be in defence and I'll go in goals with quinny at centre half

Can I have a go on the wing? I can cross a ball, even with a moon boot on?

Reckon we would be world beaters to be honest. Joe who?

If he's as big a fibber as McGurn, then 5'8" or 5'9".

I'm disappointed with the campaign as well, and I think the squad should be a good bit further up the league than it currently is.

That said, this has pretty much been our level for all the time I've watched the Rovers, a mid-table second tier side that occasionally fluctuates between being slightly better than that, and being slightly worse.

As frustrating as this season has been, I wouldn't really single it out as being that much worse than a whole host of others over the last few decades.

This

Of course if we end up in a play off and relegated then I'll shift my opinion