The New Raith Rovers Thread

Do players have a choice when being punted out on loan? The article on our site mentioned this newbie verbally agreeing to a deal and would sign when he returned from holiday so would be surprised if it was Conroy as, from what I'm lead to believe, he still has a year left on his contract at Dundee.

It won't be Conroy.

The article last week that mentioned this exciting new signing, had at the bottom of the article " also, Murray expects to finalise the deal on Conroy as well" therefore they're not going to have both statements in the same article if it was the same player...the suns got it wrong and tried to be smart by joining 2 and 2 together, and ended up getting 5.

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

Doesn't look like it will be Megginson, expected to sign for us to today.

Did Megginson play more on the wing or as a front man? In terms of wingers, we've had the likes of Conroy and Riley banded about, and I'm still hoping that Grant Anderson will re-sign with us. A few folk have linked Hasselbaink with us too (although it seems unlikely) and I'm sure he'd fit in either up front or outwide.

Really don't understand why people are still dropping Hasslebank's name in as a possible player. Even if he left Saints he wont drop a division and im assuming a hefty wage to play for us.

Still hope the Conroy rumour is true, get Anderson resigned with maybe another player to cover the left, a left back and sort out the striker situation

Did Megginson play more on the wing or as a front man? In terms of wingers, we've had the likes of Conroy and Riley banded about, and I'm still hoping that Grant Anderson will re-sign with us. A few folk have linked Hasselbaink with us too (although it seems unlikely) and I'm sure he'd fit in either up front or outwide.

Played wide left for us, to good effect. I think Aberdeen and Alloa both used him as a striker but Murray moved him out left and he scored 13 goals from there last year. I must say, Mitch and McGinn were the two I expected to lose so I'll be delighted if he is signing back on for us.

Played wide left for us, to good effect. I think Aberdeen and Alloa both used him as a striker but Murray moved him out left and he scored 13 goals from there last year. I must say, Mitch and McGinn were the two I expected to lose so I'll be delighted if he is signing back on for us.

Conroy also plays wide left, and by the sounds of things, if we can get him we'd see him a direct replacement for Cardle.

If we do sign Conroy, we'll need to win as many set pieces as we can. Conroy is excellent on penalties and free kicks, while Jimmy Scott is useful from corners. Combine this with Dougie Hill and Craig Barr in the box for headers, then it'll be like when we had Andy Tod, Sparky Campbell and Big Marv in defence back in the second division...only it might be a wee bit quicker!

Edited by rw89

Really don't understand why people are still dropping Hasslebank's name in as a possible player. Even if he left Saints he wont drop a division and im assuming a hefty wage to play for us.

Maybe its not all about the money or maybe its people putting 2 and 2 togather and getting 7.

He does/used to share a house with Kevin Moone and Stevie May. Maybe that thats the link.

Maybe its not all about the money or maybe its people putting 2 and 2 togather and getting 7.

He does/used to share a house with Kevin Moone and Stevie May. Maybe that thats the link.

If it wasn't about the money he could've stayed at Saints, taken a pay cut and been guarenteed european football this year.

It's not Hasselbaink. It's not Hemmings.

Edited by renton

If it wasn't about the money he could've stayed at Saints, taken a pay cut and been guarenteed european football this year.

It's not Hasselbaink. It's not Hemmings.

Very true point.

Aside from Conroy, have you heard of any other names? I guess we're currently at a loss with rumours at the moment given I'd expect Murray isn't back from holiday yet.

^^^

This. We released Hasselbaink because he was one of our highest paid players, but could only really last 60 minutes. We tried to talk to him in January about a new contract, but he asked to wait until the end of the season. As the second half of the season wore on, he dropped behind Wotherspoon, Croft and O'Halloran in the pecking order on the wings and Maclean and May up top. His agent is notorious for whoring him players to the highest bidders and I can't see that being Raith. If he does drop down to the Championship, it'll be to Hibs IMO, more so if they bring in his uncle.