The New Raith Rovers Thread

Pretty sure the away end of the Railway stand was in reasonable nick.

Craig, his team and possibly some volunteers have done the vast majority of the work (painting the male and female toilets, painting the turnstiles, sprucing up the walkways etc) and a relative of Mario has installed the seating and also done a brilliant job of the supporters club shop in the South stand.

Buying the chairs in will undoubtedly have been the biggest outlay but that'll easily be dwarfed by the extra revenue and savings that will be made.

The ground looks a hell of a lot better for the changes too.

A good move, all things considered.

Is that the same guy that works in the South Stand on match days?

If so, good on him, I was at the ground a week ago and he looked like he'd been up a chimney.

Pretty sure the away end of the Railway stand was in reasonable nick.

Craig, his team and possibly some volunteers have done the vast majority of the work (painting the male and female toilets, painting the turnstiles, sprucing up the walkways etc) and a relative of Mario has installed the seating and also done a brilliant job of the supporters club shop in the South stand.

Buying the chairs in will undoubtedly have been the biggest outlay but that'll easily be dwarfed by the extra revenue and savings that will be made.

The ground looks a hell of a lot better for the changes too.

A good move, all things considered.

Great job by the board and all the volunteers involved a bit of cosmetic work on the stands and toilets was probably required and while we have the two edinburgh teams and The Rangers we might as well put the extra money to work. What has been done to the shop Andy? Looking forward to seeing the Railway stand open again as has been said it is a sensible move by the board if it pays for its self and saves opening the North for smaller supports to rattle around in. Stadium tarted up, team taking shape really looking forward to the start of the season :thumsup2

Edited by San Starko Rover

I sat in one of the seats in the new away end of the railway stand today for the second half and the seat was actually more comfortable than it looks

raith1_zpscef547bc.jpg

View from the TV Gantry

raith2_zpsc6d8d85a.jpg

Another from the TV gantry

116_zpsf176372e.jpg

Seats close up.

075_zps5f5833f4.jpg

I assume that's the seat boxes at the back of the stand.

Some of the seats at the back are already covered in bird crap but that's the joys of grounds on the coast and seagulls!

How many years earlier was the other side built? Its a bit more run down (rusty for sure) but no doubt this could all be fixed or treated.

055_zpseac6b9e6.jpg

070_zpse214ba96.jpg

067_zps7354eada.jpg

But with a little work I am sure it could be opened again as most of the concrete is in good condition.

069_zps37d618a0.jpg

I think it's a given that we will fill it as well as Rangers, and I'm pretty sure Hibs will bring a big support too (depending on how well they do), Kirkcaldy is a good away day that fans look forward to.

I fancy Hearts to do well this season after a couple of absolutely quality signings. Hibs I'm less sure about as they don't appear to have a team and I can see their fans getting pissed off very quickly if things go a bit wrong.

I've been impressed with the way you guys have rallied round the club since the admin - very good to see*.

*please fill your allocation and give us your money

on the other side of the barrier they are just A, B, C so it maybe helps with ticketing?

I see what you mean, (just about).

We have just undergone a seat renumbering in the South Stand whereby previously from 1 to infinity the aisles were allocated two seat numbers, I'll leave that to sink in for a while, yes an aisle, where a seat, for safety reasons, could not possibly be installed.

So you can understand my previous post?

I don't know why they just didn't make that a closed doors game.

post-12982-0-30491600-1405210020.jpg

thanks to the Rovers fans for turning out in good numbers- you guys always brought through a big support in Meadowbank days so nice to see the tradition continue. :thumsup2

I sat in one of the seats in the new away end of the railway stand today for the second half and the seat was actually more comfortable than it looks

raith1_zpscef547bc.jpg

View from the TV Gantry

raith2_zpsc6d8d85a.jpg

Another from the TV gantry

116_zpsf176372e.jpg

Seats close up.

075_zps5f5833f4.jpg

I assume that's the seat boxes at the back of the stand.

Some of the seats at the back are already covered in bird crap but that's the joys of grounds on the coast and seagulls!

attachicon.giffry.jpg

thanks to the Rovers fans for turning out in good numbers- you guys always brought through a big support in Meadowbank days so nice to see the tradition continue. :thumsup2

Yeah fair does

I see what you mean, (just about).

We have just undergone a seat renumbering in the South Stand whereby previously from 1 to infinity the aisles were allocated two seat numbers, I'll leave that to sink in for a while, yes an aisle, where a seat, for safety reasons, could not possibly be installed.

So you can understand my previous post?

Makes perfect sense. If you're selling tickets for an all-ticket game and you're asked for two seats together it's useful to know where the gaps are.