The New Raith Rovers Thread

Is it too early for a Murray must go thread? The same rotten crap as we served up last season. Murray has learned nothing and nothing has changed defensively. 3 games and the defence looks awful still.

3 games with our third choice goalie and no where near a fit 1st choice starting defence. Only having had one guarenteed starting central midfielder for about 60 minutes over two games, A creditable draw against a strong, cup winning, Europe bound St Johnstone?

It's a friendly... I'll start getting worried when we're losing goals like this to Cowdenbeath and Alloa..

So as long as we finish above Cowden and Alloa then it'll be a successful season. f**k right off.

So as long as we finish above Cowden and Alloa then it'll be a successful season. f**k right off.

That isn't what I said..

Today's starting line up was:

Laidlaw

Thomson Watson Ellis Mckeown

Stewart Fox Callachan Conroy

Nade Elliot

When all players are fit, our strongest line up will be:

Mcgurn

Thomson Watson/Hill Barr Mckeown

Anderson Moon Scott Conroy

Elliot Nade

So 5 possibly 6 of our strongest line-up didn't start today as they were injured, Murray can't do anything about injuries..

That isn't what I said..

Today's starting line up was:

Laidlaw

Thomson Watson Ellis Mckeown

Stewart Fox Callachan Conroy

Nade Elliot

When all players are fit, our strongest line up will be:

Mcgurn

Thomson Watson/Hill Barr Mckeown

Anderson Moon Scott Conroy

Elliot Nade

So 5 possibly 6 of our strongest line-up didn't start today as they were injured, Murray can't do anything about injuries..

I understand what you're saying but I think we are still short of a few players. It appears that if either Anderson or Conroy are out then Stewart will fill in. I'd rather play a younger player who can offer natural width than fitting in what appears to be an unfit and overweight striker.

I'd say we still need another midfield cover and someone up front. The defence and goalkeeping situation is a worry but that can't be helped. Having said that Ellis was passed it 2 years ago and the thought of him lining up regularly at the start of this season is a terrifying prospect.

I understand what you're saying but I think we are still short of a few players. It appears that if either Anderson or Conroy are out then Stewart will fill in. I'd rather play a younger player who can offer natural width than fitting in what appears to be an unfit and overweight striker.

I'd say we still need another midfield cover and someone up front. The defence and goalkeeping situation is a worry but that can't be helped. Having said that Ellis was passed it 2 years ago and the thought of him lining up regularly at the start of this season is a terrifying prospect.

Yeah, at this rate I don't think progression through the cup games will be easy, or even likely - even if we have guys back by then they'll be short of game time.

Absolutely zero positives.

Well maybe McGurn playing 15 minutes or so.

Other than that none.

Only a friendly so I won't criticise too much. Just picking up on a few things.

Getting quite annoyed with Elliot. Has plenty ability but seriously needs to concentrate on actually playing football.

Ellis is finished. I know he's a legend and only playing because we have no other options (other than bates) just now but I would feel really uneasy about him playing any part of this season.

Conroy had some nice touches but it's inevitable he's going to become the Boo boy.

Callachan had a decent first half.

Fox is shite. Mark Stewart looks over weight and unfit.

Gary Glen went to livi due to negative reaction on social media to his imminent signing for Raith. Makes me sick to think of someone feeling like that.

Thats according to gary "in the know" mcdonald on the fb page

People power!

Well done guys.

I reserve the right to retract this statement if Glen becomes prolific.

Yes. Now f**k off.

No. He should've got the boot at the end of last season. He's got 4 games for me - Pars, Forfar, Dumbarton and Livi. All winnable, anything short of unbeaten over these games is unacceptable.

No. He should've got the boot at the end of last season. He's got 4 games for me - Pars, Forfar, Dumbarton and Livi. All winnable, anything short of unbeaten over these games is unacceptable.

It's no really though is it.

If we lost one vs Livi it would hardly be unacceptable. Disappointing yes, but not unacceptable