The New Raith Rovers Thread

Heard that we couldn't afford him.

Seriously doubt that. Sounds like an excuse for him not being offered terms.

I'd doubt that we'd be able to offer any better wages...unless we can help get him a job which could boost his earnings.

So as long as we finish above Cowden and Alloa then it'll be a successful season. f**k right off.

I'd take that right now. This team look frighteningly bad. Okay our defence might improve when everyone is fit but going forward we look absolutely hopeless.

A few clubs have been linked with Archie. I'd take him back in a second. He was the only threat Morton had when he was subbed on against us twice last season.

Well I did get the score half right when I said 0-0. TBH you were awful, really awful. For long periods City were toying with you like a cat with a mouse. Yes, I know all about the injuries but some of the replacemrnts should not be putting on boots to start with.

City played some neat football and were never tested at the back, The 4th goal was a highlight even the Raith fans applauded.

As for Nade, did nothing to make me improve my opinion. Has some nice footwork but showed no end product.

Don't be upset if I predict you're going down, as I did the same last season to Hamilton after Bo'ness beat them in a friendly.

Gary Glen went to livi due to negative reaction on social media to his imminent signing for Raith. Makes me sick to think of someone feeling like that.

Thats according to gary "in the know" mcdonald on the fb page

He's clearly trying to cover up his "inside story" if every player did this then we wouldn't have a fecking team. Even if there was an element of truth, then Glen really shouldn't be a footballer.

Bearing in mind it was just a friendly I'll try and resist panicking......but that was really awful!

I missed the first goal so didn't realise it was 4-0 til I got home and saw the twitter updates lol! There were very few positives last night, possibly the only one being McGurn's return and he did have one good save from a free kick.

Defence looked like it picked up from where we left off last season, utterly shambolic. Ellis can't seriously be thinking about playing any competitive games this season, was caught out time and time again.

The midfield had nothing, Stewart ran about a lot but contributed nothing, Conroy didn't run about and contributed nothing. Callaghan and Fox were totally overrun in the middle. Elliot needs to focus on playing rather than looking for a foul every time someone breathes within 5 yards of him. Nade did an Armand One impression for 90 minutes.

Not a good use of a nice summers night, but like I said I'm not panicking....... yet!

Friendly or not, the worrying thing for me was Rovers' complete inability to move off the ball. With the exception of Lewis Vaughan I can't think of one Rovers' player who showed any willingness to pass and move. It looks like Murray has built another lazy team. Contrast that with York City's fast moving play, their use of diagonal balls into the box, their desire to keep the ball on the deck and the speed with which they closed our players down. We just don't do these things but they are the very things we should be doing - it's what makes you competitive. Second by a long way last night.

That can't be right, or else it blows the lid off the 'more squad depth' line.

I still think we're three players short of completing the squad.

That can't be right, or else it blows the lid off the 'more squad depth' line.

I still think we're three players short of completing the squad.

With all the injuries now, we'll need another 6. But heho, looks like another season of struggle. I'll take 8th now if offered.

Got to love the pre-season panic.

Few things that bugged me about last night. Knowing that Elliot is suspended for the Pars game, why did Murray not think(cue loads of "he never thinks", "he's a useless shite" and "MURRAY OUT" comments) about starting Vaughn or Stewart up top with Nade? Or is he going to play Nade up top on his own?

Where was the energy levels? Aye, they weren't exactly workhorses against St Johnstone but last night was akin to the Edinburgh City effort of "Ah cannae be fucked lads, its only preseason".

Why do the fans think that one bad performance against a pretty well drilled York City team mean the end of the world? I made the mistake of venturing onto fannytalk and it's like the club has been liquidated. I heard a couple of old duffers as we left last night talking about wanting a refund on their season ticket?! Rovers fans really boil ma piss at times.

Edited by Jeem