The New Raith Rovers Thread

Happy to see both Murray and Conroy saying on the website that as good as Hearts were, they felt we were very poor.

Heartening to see it admitted, as it's easy after games like this to just blame it on being up against a better side (as some fans seem happy to do). Hopefully some harsh lessons learned.

We gave hearts a harder game in the cup last year when we only had 10 men.

The hearts players all looked as though they knew their job and were extremely professional. Even their players warming up at half time had proper sessions going on whilst ours just try and see how many keepie uppies they can do.

Happy to see both Murray and Conroy saying on the website that as good as Hearts were, they felt we were very poor.

Heartening to see it admitted, as it's easy after games like this to just blame it on being up against a better side (as some fans seem happy to do). Hopefully some harsh lessons learned.

That's good to hear. Hopefully we'll bounce back next Saturday then show we've learned some lessons when we play The Rangers.

Anyway the next time we come up against Hibs, Hearts or Rangers.

I would like to see us line up 4-2-3-1

Cuthbert

Thomson Watson Perry Mckeown

Fox moon

Anderson Callachan Conroy

Elliot

That would leave us with Stewart, Nade and Vaughn on the bench to provide cover or bring on later on of things start to go wrong, but we do need to have 5 in the middle to make sure we're not over-run like we were yesterday..

It's been mentioned in the Cowdenbeath thread that Tommy Wright is apparently looking to loan Chris Kane out again this season, I wouldn't mind seeing us bring him in as that missing striker that we crave. He seemed to do really well in getting a goal a game for Dumbarton in the second half of last season..?

Anyway the next time we come up against Hibs, Hearts or Rangers.

I would like to see us line up 4-2-3-1

Cuthbert

Thomson Watson Perry Mckeown

Fox moon

Anderson Callachan Conroy

Elliot

That would leave us with Stewart, Nade and Vaughn on the bench to provide cover or bring on later on of things start to go wrong, but we do need to have 5 in the middle to make sure we're not over-run like we were yesterday..

I'd like Hill and Barr to be back in the team, when we come against the big 3. Once this two are back the only weak position in defence is left back. Hopefully McKeown improves.

Despite the recent Fox love-in I'm still not a big fan of his. In general i think Midfield is a pretty weak area of the team.

Hopefully when Elliot does come back he can find some kind of form again. The guy has done nothing in 2014.

How short term, is the short term deal Mark Miller signed at Peterhead ?

Up until January 2015 I think. I didn't think Fox was that poor on Saturday. He's done far better over the last few weeks. He seems to have cut out the aimless chipped pass forward to the edge of the box which pleases me to no end. He doesn't seem to be as wasteful in possesion. Unfortunately, on Saturday, we were simply outclassed by two midfielders who are far more distinguished.

Think the criticism of Fox AND Scott on Saturday is uncalled for. They were outnumbered in the middle of the park against better players.

Scott went a bit 'Davo' with some headless chicken closing down later on which I took to be a message to the manager that he was having to do too much in there, but at least he was getting into their faces and pressurising them. Could've done with us starting that way.

Fox was nowhere near being our worst player on the day but still gets singled out. He seems to be the easy target week after week.

Fox was nowhere near being our worst player on the day but still gets singled out. He seems to be the easy target week after week.

It's because he's absolute waaash. As soon as he doesn't get a new deal with us he'll be an Allan walker and tumble down the leagues.

Think the criticism of Fox AND Scott on Saturday is uncalled for. They were outnumbered in the middle of the park against better players.

Scott went a bit 'Davo' with some headless chicken closing down later on which I took to be a message to the manager that he was having to do too much in there, but at least he was getting into their faces and pressurising them. Could've done with us starting that way.

I'll agree on Fox, who actually appeared to do a little better than hopelessly losing the ball every time he got it. His performance still wasn't good enough, but if we're ranking performances on a sliding scale of good to bad, there would be more below him than above him.

Scott, on the other hand, was woeful. He contributed absolutely nothing of note and only really looked like getting sent off. I appreciate he was up against it (Like Fox was), but he was found wanting.

Edited by Michael W

I don't think the recent apprecation of Fox amounts to a love-in, but he has been much better since the challenge cup game. He is still our best side-to-side player and should definitely be in the XI on current form. It was telling that Nade was applauded as he shanked a switch out the park, then minutes later Fox got howled at when someone checked their run and his channel ball ran out of play. Our 'support' has written him off.